O Baterista or Der Trommler?

R.G

which is better: O Baterista or Der Trommler?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. which is better: O Baterista or Der Trommler?

• O Baterista
    • Der Trommler

I think O Baterista was better. I like how it flowed, and to me, Neil almost seemed bored with some of the parts of his solo he plays every time in Der Trommeler.

Don`t get me wrong....there is alot from Der Trommler that I like. He was alot smoother. I like the chops alot better. I love the gong drum/reverse roll up to the high tom piece!!! That was tight!!! All the double-pedal splashes were incredible as well. He really got those feet moving.

I didnt like the "Scars" piece because 2 or 3 of his triggered toms were not giving sound. That made the beat fall kinda flat in m opinion. You saw him going through the motions, but heard half the sounds!!

RIR`s solo was all around better. If the start to a solo is even slightly flawed....ummm

Maybe Lorne should have a talking to!!

Ya`ll take care

Thought they were both great, and more similar than different of course. Most of the same elements with a few changes thrown in. Hopefully he's through with that framework and we can look forward to something different on the next tour. applaudit.gif I'm personally not a big fan of all the triggered stuff and would like a more YYZ style work.

Der Trommler was superb, especially when I saw Rush in August of 2004. Hearing the electric drums first before full throttle acoustic, great decision to have the solo start out differently after Red Sector A.

Both are way too long. Yyz on ESL with the solo is shorter (song included), more to the point, and more entertaining to me.

Give me a shorter solo and another song in the setlist.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Dec 19 2005, 12:46 AM)
Both are way too long. Yyz on ESL with the solo is shorter (song included), more to the point, and more entertaining to me.

Give me a shorter solo and another song in the setlist.

Well, I say....give me fewer songs in the setlist, so that Neil's Drum solo can be longer!!!

QUOTE (Dbl-Strk @ Dec 18 2005, 01:15 AM)
I didnt like the "Scars" piece because 2 or 3 of his triggered toms were not giving sound.

Yeah, that was crap!! sad.gif

QUOTE (Stickman @ Dec 26 2005, 01:16 AM)
Having got R30 for xmas have now heard Der Trommler and think O Baterista is better all round and better construction Der Trommler seemed laboured.

goodpost.gif I couldn't agree more stickman O baterista seemed to flow a hell of a lot more and was a more exciting to watch. trink39.gif

It's hard to judge which is better, because I don't think I could even make it halfway through one of them, hitting everything precisely that is. But I liked how he mixed it up on Der Trommler a little more than O Baterista 1022.gif