Narnia-Lion, Witch & Wardrobe

Sark

With all the hype surrounding Kong, this movie kind of slipped by. It's surprising they had their release so close to King Kong's. Anybody have a review of it?

I wouldn't mind seeing it. I may wait til the DVD though.

I've heard mostly good things about it.

As far as King Kong, I couldn't care less about that one.

It was great! Some parts of it reminded me of Lord of the Rings a little bit, but I don't want to spoil anything.

OMFG i cant wait to see this flick!!

read the book soooooo long ago, Im thinkin about REreadin the book b4 i go see the movie. I kinda "borrowed" the book from my school oops.gif and i still have it to this day laugh.gif along with my school assigned book " My side of the mountain"

Nuther book i simply LOVEDand HAD to keep wink.gif

saw it last friday with some friends, and man, i was blown away!!! Its been a long time since i read the book, but im gonna re-read the book, and when im finished, ill be able to tell if it stuck close to its source, but i would give this movie 5 stars!

Just came back from seeing it and was very impressed. Followed the book quite faithfully, the kids could actually act as well. Was a lot better than the last potter film in my opinion.

And no, it wasn't really filmed like LOTR once I sat down and watched it.

smile.gif

Brilliant movie. Stunning effects, and the performances were excellent. Knowing nothing about the story, I really enjoyed this movie... a lot.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Dec 16 2005, 08:33 PM)
Does it explain, why the wardrobe sends them to another world?

I loved all 7 books, and I saw the lion, witch and wardrobe on stage....which was amazing....I'll have to see this movie sometime....

Aslan brought them to Narnia everytime they went, remember the Prophecy that Aslan and the other characters spoke of during the series? Aslan brought them there as needed.

This religious thing still baffles me though. All I saw was good v evil.

QUOTE (plodder @ Dec 20 2005, 03:35 AM)

****next line is somewhat of a spoiler if u haven't read the book or seen the cartoon****

plodder: What about the sacrifice? The resurrection?

I saw it tonite and thought it was pretty good. IMHO, child actors usually don't do very well and sometimes come off as annoying. But here, they did alright. I vaguely remember the book some 25years ago...same goes for the cartoon. From what I remember, this flick was very similar to both.

QUOTE (plodder @ Dec 19 2005, 01:35 PM)

SPOILERS for those who haven't seen it, so don't read further.

Aslan represents Christ. Him sacrificing himself so that Edmund could be saved parallels the crucifixion on the cross with Christ sacrificing himself for all of mankind. Then Aslan's resurrection parallels Christ's resurrection as well. Aslan's Christ-like status is also further explored in the other books in the Narnia series.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 20 2005, 10:02 PM)

****next line is somewhat of a spoiler if u haven't read the book or seen the cartoon****

I saw it tonite and thought it was pretty good. IMHO, child actors usually don't do very well and sometimes come off as annoying. But here, they did alright. I vaguely remember the book some 25years ago...same goes for the cartoon. From what I remember, this flick was very similar to both.

But origionally, C.S. Lewis wrote this book to explain to his niece in a fairy tale style, about Jesus. In this movie, even the ressurection didn't show this, not very well. It was a religious book, but basically anything that made it as such was taken out. It was taken out of context, and the true meaning was just ecluded.

All in all though, it was ok though if you look past that. Great acting, good graphics, ect.

The Narnia DVD is quite allright, but I also enjoyed Peter (lord of the rings) Jackson's King Kong. cool.gif

QUOTE (kyracat @ Dec 20 2005, 11:47 PM)

But origionally, C.S. Lewis wrote this book to explain to his niece in a fairy tale style, about Jesus. In this movie, even the ressurection didn't show this, not very well. It was a religious book, but basically anything that made it as such was taken out. It was taken out of context, and the true meaning was just ecluded.

All in all though, it was ok though if you look past that. Great acting, good graphics, ect.

thats because disney is a bunch of new age mother f*^&kers!!!

QUOTE (kyracat @ Dec 21 2005, 01:47 PM)

Yah, I knew about the niece/Jesus/fairy tale thang. I guess my memory of the movie being similar to the book & cartoon was wrong then. Being a geezer does things to one's memories old.gif