The KK Downing poll

KK Downing poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the name KK's Priest for Downing's band?

• I think he picked the perfect name for the band
    • He should have called it KK Downing's Disciples
    • He should named it KK Downing's Steel Mill
    • He should have called it KK Downing's Cathedral
    • He should have called it this...(name it)

Do you like KK's Priest? Yes? No? What about the name of the band? KK's Priest? Should he have gone in a more original direction but keeping the same imagery? Like Ritchie Blackmore when he left Purple with Rainbow? Say like KK's Downing's Disciples or KK Downing's Steel Mill?

32 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Dollar Store Priest would have been a more appropriate name. Tim Owens should also change his name to Tim "will sing for food" Owens.

He could have gone in any direction though, not just Priest-like stuff and without the name Priest name attached to him he wouldn't have to keep Owens in the band just to appear more like a version of Priest.

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

He could have gone in any direction though, not just Priest-like stuff and without the name Priest name attached to him he wouldn't have to keep Owens in the band just to appear more like a version of Priest.

Yeah, he should have gone with a name that was different. Even just calling it KK Downing would have been fine. But I guess since he already had the knockoff Priest songs and the imitation Rob Halford, he figured he would go all in and use the Priest name in case it wasn't obvious he was so desperate to be in the band again once we heard what he had written.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah, he should have gone with a name that was different. Even just calling it KK Downing would have been fine. But I guess since he already had the knockoff Priest songs and the imitation Rob Halford, he figured he would go all in and use the Priest name in case it wasn't obvious he was so desperate to be in the band again once we heard what he had written.

With a different singer he could played different styles of heavy metal and hard rock, maybe even some prog rock/metal. The KK Downing name would have been fine on its own, everyone interested in metal knows it.

10 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Seeing him being this petty is part of the fun. It's a total spite band. 

KK's Priest just doesn't sound like a good band name.  Meh.

I appreciate his effort with the band he put together and the music. Fun stuff to listen to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Homie sold his catalog to support his failed golf course. Without royalty checks coming in, he needs another way to pay the bills. 

I'm not sure how much this is paying the bills for him considering he's playing smaller venues and touring costs are at an all time high. He's probably lucky to be breaking even with this unless they are making a killing with merch. I remember reading something about him not doing meet and greets. So that extra revenue stream that really helps a lot of bands out when touring is not there for him. Still, that looked like a pretty good crowd in that picture. I guess since Priest regularly neglects coming here fans in this area were ready to settle for the off brand version.

I went with the Steel Mill option (like everybody else so far).  

I have their first album and I find it to be decent.  Nothing special but its ok.  Have not found the second album on either vinyl or CD so I have not been able to get it and have not listened to it.  I think I herd one or 2 songs on Youtube and they were decent.  Ok but nothing special.

• Like 1