Aristocrats new "concept album and...

treeduck

This is also a band I feel is leaving some sales and new fans on the table by not adopting surround mixes into their release schedule.  There's a heavy percentage of surround music fans that are into prog and the style music they're doing, and their music also leans into creative mixes helping to elevate it.  They are, once again, not producing any surround options for the new album.

Haken are another band I feel are missing out on a very obvious to me opportunity.

Edited by stoopid

20 hours ago, stoopid said:

The first single is a good jam.  They're offering a high res bandcamp DL for $10, so I bit.

Guthrie has a more metal tone, and yet a more jazz tone on the jazz bits. It's a lot cleaner than the last couple of albums.

• Like 1

Here's the song titles:

1. Hey, Where's MY Drink Package?
2. Aristoclub
3. Sgt. Rockhopper
4. Sittin' With A Duck On A Bay
5. Here Come The Builders
6. Muddle Through
7. Slideshow
8. And Then There Were Just Us / Duck's End
9. This Is Not Scrotum

• Like 1

My DUCK copy arrived today from Plastic Head, they sent me a free album and I thought wait a minute they've sent the wrong album! Anyone heard of Naked Raygun? I got their Over the Overlords album as a free gift.

4 hours ago, treeduck said:

My DUCK copy arrived today from Plastic Head, they sent me a free album and I thought wait a minute they've sent the wrong album! Anyone heard of Naked Raygun? I got their Over the Overlords album as a free gift.

No, not heard of them.

What's your take on 'Duck'?

1 hour ago, yyz305 said:

No, not heard of them.

What's your take on 'Duck'?

I haven't listened to it yet, I'll have to listen later. I got busy with something and now I'm busy with something else. I'll probably do a Duck and Invincible Shield one-two punch tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yyz305 said:

I'm still waiting for my physical copy.

Let me know what you think.

Well right away the production is amazing, the drum sound is sharp and organic and right there in the room with you, and the guitars sound amazing as well, really clear and big. The songs are really good so far and that might be why the guitars have more dynamics it could be the song structures or the production, they sound more in your face and metallic too. The bass playing is great too, bass is really prominent on the first track Hey, Where's My Drink Package, and yet the guitars are still at the forefront at the same time on that track.