The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I think he was just visiting, he's on NHL Network frequently so that's his steady job.  You don't like Pang?  Holy jumpin' really?  I think he's funny but can only take him in short (ha ha) segments.

He should've stayed in St. Louis. We only have Murray as the only good broadcaster in Chicago, and he's on radio with that John "five seconds late" Wiedeman. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 10:08 AM, Derek19 said:

Goose (Allen), From Fri. night, in one of the four N.H.L. games, the Toronto Maple Leafs, weren't scheduled to play Seattle Kraken, in Seattle.  It was the Winnipeg Jets.  Winnipeg, won 3-0.

Gotcha.   I saw the leaf on the jersey,  but not the jet

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 7 Ducks 2 :wacko: Five points for Bedard. 18-43-5

Uh-oh -- you've jumped the Sharks! What's the second pick in the draft look like? Good value?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Uh-oh -- you've jumped the Sharks! What's the second pick in the draft look like? Good value?

Yes, the Russians are coming. San Jose trading Hertl tells me they're looking to secure the no. 1 pick, but we still have two games with them...

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 1:56 PM, blackhawkrush said:

He should've stayed in St. Louis. We only have Murray as the only good broadcaster in Chicago, and he's on radio with that John "five seconds late" Wiedeman. 

I do miss Pat Foley, his voice was unique and loved his sense of humor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I do miss Pat Foley, his voice was unique and loved his sense of humor.

And he would tell you the goal was scored, not the horn or the fans.  

• Like 1

Avs start out slow against Calgary but made up for it with a 5 goal burst in the 2nd period. I can see why Avs got some extra bodies at the deadline rather than another goalie.  Had Lekhonen and Parise out with illness/injuries.  Just lost Logan O'Connor for the season (hip surgery).  The big line is scoring like a machine.  MacKinnon kept up his points and will pass his own scoring record with one more goal.  Nichushkin picked up where he left off, has helped the power play get back on track.  Mikko had 4 points last night as well. :clap:

Now tonight will be in Vancouver, this should be a big game.

• Like 1

Last night's game in Vancouver was a topsy turvy event.  Avs found themselves down 2-0 early in the game and when the Canucks scored again in the 2nd period, it looked like it wasn't their night.  Mikko scores a goal with 2 seconds left in the 2nd period, so there's a chance.  Avs come out hard and tie it up 3-3 in the third.  It was going to overtime but Vancouver hit the puck over the glass with time running out.  So Avs get a power play in OT and win it with a crazy bounce off Nichushkin's visor.   Crazy :blink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Last night's game in Vancouver was a topsy turvy event.  Avs found themselves down 2-0 early in the game and when the Canucks scored again in the 2nd period, it looked like it wasn't their night.  Mikko scores a goal with 2 seconds left in the 2nd period, so there's a chance.  Avs come out hard and tie it up 3-3 in the third.  It was going to overtime but Vancouver hit the puck over the glass with time running out.  So Avs get a power play in OT and win it with a crazy bounce off Nichushkin's visor.   Crazy :blink:

I didn't know that if you pull the goalie in OT and get scored on, you lose the point you gained in regulation. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I didn't know that if you pull the goalie in OT and get scored on, you lose the point you gained in regulation. 

Me either, that was pretty gutsy of the Wild to do that the other night, big risk to lose your extra point.

Glad Avs didn't have to do that :pirate:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Me either, that was pretty gutsy of the Wild to do that the other night, big risk to lose your extra point.

Glad Avs didn't have to do that :pirate:

Minnesota is chasing Nashville in the standings, desperate measures. After the game John Hynes said he also didn't know about the rule.   :blush:

• Like 1

Toronto, has four home games, and four road games.  Tonight, in Toronto, to play against Carolina, which Toronto, lost 5-4 in a shootout, Tues., and Wed., a two game back-to-back road trip in Philadelphia, and Washington, to play against Philadelphia, which Toronto, lost 4-3, and Washington, which Toronto, won 7-3, next Sat., and Sun., in Toronto, and Carolina, to play against Edmonton, which Toronto, won 6-3, and Carolina, which Toronto, lost 2-1, next Tues., and Thurs., in Toronto, to play against New Jersey, which Toronto, lost 6-3, and Washington, which Toronto, won 5-1, and on the following Sat., in Buffalo, to play against Buffalo, which Toronto, won 3-0.  At home, they are 20-13-3.  On the road, they are 22-9-6.  Auston Matthews, scored five goals to give him sixty in seventy-three games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 5 Sharks 2 :tempted: Debuting in the NHL, goalie for San Jose implodes in the third. 19-45-5 

:pirate:

Posted (edited)

Saturday's game against Edmonton was fantastic.  Hard to believe this was the first time the Avs have played them this season.  It was a close game but one big thing that stood out to me was how many more blocked shots the Oilers had against the Avs, we were shelling Skinner.  But it remained tied at the end of the first.  Second is when the scoring started, had a penalty shot and a goal disallowed for kicking it in between both teams. Our deadline trade pickups were doing a great job, Walker almost had a hat trick.  Welcome back Lekhonen, this guy is a swiss army knife, can do it all. And with 0.2 seconds left scored the winning goal.   We always go to overtime against the Oilers, it's fun but nerve wracking too. :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Avs continue on their win streak.  Rantenen has a hat trick and McKinnon got another point.  Won this one in regulation, all those overtime games are crazy.  :clap:

• Like 1

Just saw a clip of Tom Wilson's high stick that resulted in his suspension.   What was he thinking?

• Like 2