WHAT?! You Haven't Seen.....?!

Principled Man

38 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

I haven't seen the last LOTR and the last two Hobbits.  Latter is more understandable since it's a cash grab compared to LOTR.

I saw The Hobbit in the theater.  It was horrible.  I didn't even consider seeing the next two. 

The story is a 2-hour film at the longest, and Jackson fluffed it up to 6.  Shameful....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I saw The Hobbit in the theater.  It was horrible.  I didn't even consider seeing the next two. 

The story is a 2-hour film at the longest, and Jackson fluffed it up to 6.  Shameful....

Jackson actually used texts of Tolkien to expand the story, many thought it was overly long.  Personally, I enjoyed them even with some tinkering with the characters.  I did buy the extended DVD's of the Hobbit but haven't watched them all the way through.  Yes it made more money that way but I liked the extended versions of LOTR too.

17 hours ago, metallithrax said:

A few others i can think of that i haven't seen

Any of the Lord of the rings/Hobbit films

Any of the Pirates of the Caribbean films

Star Wars, apart from original three

I can understand skipping Pirates but Star Wars??? That's almost sacrilegious :huh:..well Jar Jar wasn't a good character so I'll give you a pass on that one.

Edited by Rhyta

13 hours ago, Principled Man said:

His best big studio film is still The Frighteners and I'll die on that hill.

2 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

His best big studio film is still The Frighteners and I'll die on that hill.

What do I remember the most about Jackson winning his Oscars for The Return of The King?

At the Show, he and his cohorts looked like they had just got out of bed…..and hadn’t bathed.   

• Like 1

I've never seen Titanic or The Godfather. The boat sinks, the boy dies, big deal! And I don't like Marlon Brando.