Coming Soon Exit Stage Left Restored

rugen

If you read the comments section of that video, the StickHits guy points out that the audio for the guitar solo is different than what we heard in the original concert video from the '80s. The original video borrowed the solo track from the ESL album, and that always bugged me because I can see the spots where Alex's fingers aren't quite matching up with we we're hearing. That clip posted above seems to have restored the solo from that night's filming.

• Like 1

It's amazing what upscaling can accomplish these days (and the use of the laserdisc soundtrack is a HUGE improvement over the godawful butchering Chycki gave it for the DVD), but it's no substitute for going back to the actual original film elements and scanning them.  I wish Anthem or whoever the hell has the rights to this stuff today would get off their asses and make a few million bucks already.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2023 at 6:27 PM, Rush Didact said:

It's amazing what upscaling can accomplish these days (and the use of the laserdisc soundtrack is a HUGE improvement over the godawful butchering Chycki gave it for the DVD), but it's no substitute for going back to the actual original film elements and scanning them.  I wish Anthem or whoever the hell has the rights to this stuff today would get off their asses and make a few million bucks already.

If that stuff is in usable shape and has been located.....

On 7/26/2023 at 11:17 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

If you read the comments section of that video, the StickHits guy points out that the audio for the guitar solo is different than what we heard in the original concert video from the '80s. The original video borrowed the solo track from the ESL album, and that always bugged me because I can see the spots where Alex's fingers aren't quite matching up with we we're hearing. That clip posted above seems to have restored the solo from that night's filming.

"Exit Stage Left" - if it wasn't for some colleague bringing in that album and playing it on our knackered old record player during my 6th form years back in the late 70s early 80s I would never discovered Rush.