The Rush camp, 1995-2005

Alexmai

What is your favourite album from the Rush camp in the 1995-2005 years?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite album from the Rush camp in the 1995-2005 years? (choose 3 studio and 1 live)

• Victor
    • Test for echo
    • My favourite headache
    • Vapor trails
    • Feedback
    • Neil's projects
    • Different stages
    • Rio
    • R30

Hello everybody!

In the Rush camp, through the 1995-2005 years, was launch a number of projects: solo, band, live.

Choose 3 albums from the studio and your favourite live, commenting about your choices...

Let the game begin!

My choices:

Geddy's album, because of the quality of the songs, the courage and the results... I love Victor but it's a little fragmented. Never listened to Neil's projects, my bad...

Feedback, because I'm curious to listen the boys doing songs I know but not by them... if they have 3 more albums like that - with Neil - in the cellar, I'm going to buy them NOW!

R30, because of the instruMedley (and because I was at Wembley Arena for my first Rush concert)... I really love it, too bad they didn't repeat the experiment... the other lives are good, anyway...

The Rush studio albums:

TFE in my opinion is one of their lesser albums... VT is too fragmented, due to the bad moment... 

Edited by Alexmai

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I would choose three live albums and one studio album -- probably Vapor Trails, but I do like Feedback.

The live albums are the better artifacts from that decade.

This. But I'll play along with the poll as constructed.

I would need to listen to Favourite Headache again to see if I'd pick it over Victor or T4E (T4E gets a consideration on the strength of the title track, Driven, and Time and Motion). Right now I have VT and Feedback for my studio picks and DS as my live album.

From the studio it's VT taking top honors, with Headache and Feedback sharing as runners up.  Live it was a tough pick due to the killer R30 intro, but the bonus material on disc 3 of Stages makes it the top live collection

Nice Poll-quite difficult to choose, love MFH Ged, TFE for the new Freddy approach  huge respect for VT getting back in the studio after tragedy, and Rio  3 massive out of this world  shows, and R30 summed  everything up (resist,and new  polished drum solo etc )

I feel that overall Neils projects both written and recorded dont get enough love during this time frame vs what he went through to get back on the horse . Most humans could not endure what he went through and continue on in legendary style the way he could . So my 1st vote is for neils projects without a doubt 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 8:46 PM, YYZ Working Man said:

Most humans could not endure what he went through and continue on in legendary style the way he could . So my 1st vote is for neils projects without a doubt 

I'm curious what those projects include.  Burning g for Buddy was 1994, before Neil experienced those losses.  I do admire the ghost ride and book that followed, but for me it's the Vapor Trails album that is the real triumph

• Like 1