Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Worked from home part of the day today (took the rest off to deal with a few things).  So that meant it was time to open the moving box's and whatever came out at random would get listened to,  First out:

Carole King - Tapestry

This album came out when I was 5 years old (1971) and my sister had it and played it a ton (she liked the soft rock singer / songwriters of that era) so I was exposed to it in my youth.  In the early 90's I picked the album up at a used record store - the price sticker of $1 is still on it from the store.  Not my taste in music.  Good thing I was working and drinking some tea.  If I had not been it might have put me to sleep.  Feels like elevator music / music I might be stuck listing to while on hold waiting for a call center to take my call.  Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep - Salisbury

Another record I got at a used record store in the early 90's.  Best songs are "Lady In Black" and , to a lesser extent, the 16 minute title track.  Decent but certainly feels like its late 60's early 70's rock.  Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself

Another early 90's used record store pick up.  The title track is the best song followed by the 10+ minute long July Morning.  Better than Salisbury.  Last out of the box:

Uriah Heep - Innocent Victum

Yet another early 90's used record store pick up.  It came out in 1977 and sounds like it.  Ok album but nothing I am wild about.  Side 2 is better than side 1.

Guess todays was a 1970's music day.  For better or worse. 

• Like 2

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Worked from home part of the day today (took the rest off to deal with a few things).  So that meant it was time to open the moving box's and whatever came out at random would get listened to,  First out:

Carole King - Tapestry

This album came out when I was 5 years old (1971) and my sister had it and played it a ton (she liked the soft rock singer / songwriters of that era) so I was exposed to it in my youth.  In the early 90's I picked the album up at a used record store - the price sticker of $1 is still on it from the store.  Not my taste in music.  Good thing I was working and drinking some tea.  If I had not been it might have put me to sleep.  Feels like elevator music / music I might be stuck listing to while on hold waiting for a call center to take my call.  Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep - Salisbury

Another record I got at a used record store in the early 90's.  Best songs are "Lady In Black" and , to a lesser extent, the 16 minute title track.  Decent but certainly feels like its late 60's early 70's rock.  Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself

Another early 90's used record store pick up.  The title track is the best song followed by the 10+ minute long July Morning.  Better than Salisbury.  Last out of the box:

Uriah Heep - Innocent Victum

Yet another early 90's used record store pick up.  It came out in 1977 and sounds like it.  Ok album but nothing I am wild about.  Side 2 is better than side 1.

Guess todays was a 1970's music day.  For better or worse. 

I definitely love Carole King more than Heep!

Michael Mcdonald-If that's what it Takes(9/10)

I'm not the biggest fan of his voice/vocal tone.  I like him in the doobies cause his was offset by Pat Simmons so he works there.   So i've never been keen to hear him solo....with no one balancing him out, lol  HOWEVER.....his debut was awesome.  perfect smooth pop. right up my alley.

I sampled more albums but nothing matches this one. and if this is the only MM album i play.  that's fine.....cause i will be replaying this.

Mick

Lamb Of God- Sacrament

Pearl Jam- Vs. 

Trivium- Ascendancy 

Lacuna Coil- Karmacode 

Mastodon- Blood Mountain

Basically spent my time listening to the same faves I did in 2006 haha

• Like 3