The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Boston Bruins tonight ......not till 9 pm.      

winning record of   20-3-1    :wave: :hockey1:

Boston Celtics have the best record in Basketball this season....... (20 - 5)

they play tonight at 10 P.M. 

neither team  are home..:mellow:

Avs shut out again by Bruins 4-0.  Could have been a higher score, the players for the Eagles gave it their best shot but it is painful to watch.  Now we can hope we get some guys back before we play the Rangers again this Friday.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Why do the Blues look like the Kings from the 80s?  :facepalm: 

Some of these retro unis are crazy, have you seen the Sharks?  Looks like they used the old California Seals design :wink:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

:fistscrying:

Avs score against the Blues with 4 seconds left in regulation.  Then win in OT.  The Moose is loose!  Finally get a win!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Jets 3 Hawks 1 :facepalm:  Most teams in the NHL would think about firing the coach at this point... :gumby:   7-15-4  

If history is any predictor, they want to go lower.  Want to win the Bedard sweepstakes. :glare:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Some of these retro unis are crazy, have you seen the Sharks?  Looks like they used the old California Seals design :wink:

We'll be wearing the winged wheel soon enough.  :facepalm:  

Saw something tonight I haven't before,  Blues get a penalty for not starting the lineup they submitted to officials.  I didn't know that was a thing...strange.

Kings beat Boston after 7 rounds in a shootout..Marner's streak ended at 22 and no goal for Ovie.  Avs get Rodrigues back but manage to blow a chance to tie up the game :rolleyes:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Saw something tonight I haven't before,  Blues get a penalty for not starting the lineup they submitted to officials.  I didn't know that was a thing...strange.

Says something, doesn't it? This team just can't quite pull it all together. 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 4:50 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Says something, doesn't it? This team just can't quite pull it all together. 

But they did manage to win the game after all in the end so there's something.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 8:17 AM, blackhawkrush said:

Rangers 7 Hawks 1 :16ton:They wouldn't even beat France or Argentina.  :facepalm:   7-19-4  

:sad:

On a happier note, Kane and Toews played their 1,000th game together.  That's quite the accomplishment :clap:

• Like 3

Avs are still struggling with the injury bug, lost Cogliano Monday when he ran into the boards with his shoulder.  Just got Rodrigues back so there you go.

Two games this week and both go to overtime/SO.  Rodrigues wins shootout on Monday against the Isles and last night Mikko Rantenen won it against the Canadiens.  Wins are great but let's do it in regulation guys :ohmy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Just now, blackhawkrush said:

If you wanna call it playing.  :rolleyes:  They were bad last night. 

It is painful to watch the team struggle, even worse when stupid management destroyed the team with their stupidity.  I can understand if Toews and Kane have lousy games, sucks that everyone expects them to perform a miracle every night.  :glare:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

It is painful to watch the team struggle, even worse when stupid management destroyed the team with their stupidity.  I can understand if Toews and Kane have lousy games, sucks that everyone expects them to perform a miracle every night.  :glare:

They haven't been miracle workers for quite some time. Toews - 10 goals, Kane - 4 goals. They can say goodbye to their $10.5M paycheck next season. 

11 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

They haven't been miracle workers for quite some time. Toews - 10 goals, Kane - 4 goals. They can say goodbye to their $10.5M paycheck next season. 

Kane and DeBrincat were a good combination, Kane had lots of assists to the Cat the last few seasons.  Toews had that health problem and it has taken time for him to recover.  Granted they are older but I think they both can be contributors to their team whoever that ends up being.  The coach is just as lousy as Colliton was and management are jerks.  Rebuilding takes time but self destructing the team is not good for keeping a fan base IMHO.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Kane and DeBrincat were a good combination, Kane had lots of assists to the Cat the last few seasons.  Toews had that health problem and it has taken time for him to recover.  Granted they are older but I think they both can be contributors to their team whoever that ends up being.  The coach is just as lousy as Colliton was and management are jerks.  Rebuilding takes time but self destructing the team is not good for keeping a fan base IMHO.

I wonder how many fans will show up for tonight's Clash of the Titans.  :sarcasm:

• The topic was unpinned