What Do Y'all Expect In 2021?

_hi_water._

13 members have voted

1. 1. What Do Y'all Expect For 2021?

• A better year than 2020, for sure.
    • It's going to be one of the worst years ever!
    • Probably won't be any different than 2020.
    • It's not 2112 yet.
    • Well, whatever happens, I deserve a beer!
    • It's just a year, nobody cares!
    • I'm waiting for Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary.
    • A very devastating event will likely happen in 2021.
    • Waiting for the Detroit Lions to win.
    • I want to see some live shows...
    • (Other)

I expect, or rather I hope, that the inner "hall monitor" that so many have been able to channel this year will go silent again. 9 times out of 10, you should be minding your own business.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that but can you list 9 out of 10 times when people should’ve minded their own business?

I expect, or rather I hope, that the inner "hall monitor" that so many have been able to channel this year will go silent again. 9 times out of 10, you should be minding your own business.

I don’t necessarily disagree with that but can you list 9 out of 10 times when people should’ve minded their own business?

^^^ one.
  • Like 1

^^^ one.

^^^ two.

:lol:

Sure, although I used 9 out of 10 to connote 90% of the time (which is actually on the low side). When person 1 tells person 2 what they should be doing, when it isn't truly affecting person 1, they should instead mind their own business. I told this story somewhere else. I was standing in line, outdoors, at least 6 feet away from any other human being, ironically enough, minding my own business. The gentleman in front of me took it upon himself to tell me I wasn't wearing a mask, and that I couldn't get in the store we were line up for without one. I told him I knew both of those things.

Sure, although I used 9 out of 10 to connote 90% of the time (which is actually on the low side). When person 1 tells person 2 what they should be doing, when it isn't truly affecting person 1, they should instead mind their own business. I told this story somewhere else. I was standing in line, outdoors, at least 6 feet away from any other human being, ironically enough, minding my own business. The gentleman in front of me took it upon himself to tell me I wasn't wearing a mask, and that I couldn't get in the store we were line up for without one. I told him I knew both of those things.

Gotcha. Yeah, I’ve seen that.

Would you rather have it like it is out here where 9 out of 10 times, nobody reports anything when they should OR they hope someone else helps the person who’s truly in need BUT nobody ends up with any kind of assist?

Best would be a middle ground of course but yeah that’s life eh.

^^^ one.

^^^ two.

:lol:

beauty!

1608590971[/url'>' post='4869809']
1608590389' post='4869805']
1608587684[/url'>' post='4869791']
1608584303' post='4869762']

Would you rather have it like it is out here where 9 out of 10 times, nobody reports anything when they should OR they hope someone else helps the person who’s truly in need BUT nobody ends up with any kind of assist?

The question is what is being reported? An actual crime? Or a gathering of 11 people with no connection to you?

1608590971[/url]' post='4869809']
1608590389[/url]' post='4869805']
1608587684[/url]' post='4869791']
1608584303[/url]' post='4869762']

The question is what is being reported? An actual crime? Or a gathering of 11 people with no connection to you?

Crime. Accidents. Domestic violence. All sorts of stuff.

I was at the train station a while back and heard a commotion. I looked down from an elevated walkway and saw someone had fallen onto the tracks. EVERYONE was just looking at the person lying there. Some took out their phones to take photos of him. Then luckily, two train station staff came running out to hoist the guy off the tracks. But no commuter had the sense to help that guy out?!...No, they didn’t. They minded their business...other than some pulling their phones out to take pics of the man sprawled out on the tracks during a very busy time in the morning.

Crime. Accidents. Domestic violence. All sorts of stuff.

I was at the train station a while back and heard a commotion. I looked down from an elevated walkway and saw someone had fallen onto the tracks. EVERYONE was just looking at the person lying there. Some took out their phones to take photos of him. Then luckily, two train station staff came running out to hoist the guy off the tracks. But no commuter had the sense to help that guy out?!...No, they didn’t. They minded their business...other than some pulling their phones out to take pics of the man sprawled out on the tracks during a very busy time in the morning.

Many years ago my then-girlfriend, now wife, and I went to Washington, D.C. As we were walking down the street, I saw a guy go up to 2 or 3 parked cars and try the door handles. I went over to a cop, gave him a description of the guy, and told him where I last saw the guy. We waited for the cops to have us ID him from across the street, and went on about our trip. That wasn't heroic, it's what citizens should do.

Easter Sunday, my family, and my brother and sister in law were at my in-laws on the front lawn. The 3 nuclear families stayed close together, and distanced from each other. A 20 something jogging by, stopped in front of the house to count the number of people. I know that because you could see him pointing to each person. My wife stopped me from suggesting he continue running. That's when a citizen should mind their own business.