Which Of The 40th Anniversary Sets Were Your Favorites?

_hi_water._

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which 40th Anniversary Boxes Were Your Favorites?

• A Farewell To Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves

2112 was by far the worst one. So bad that I sold it. Just lots of covers and bad quality live songs.

This is the order, from best to worst:

A Farewell To Kings (finally they released the whole Different Stages disc 3 concert! And I really like the skull ring that came with the box set! I am using it all the time now! I wish they would sell these rings alone on the Rush website, I would buy another one!)

Hemispheres (This would have been my favorite if it had the whole Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres song! They should have taken the recordings of another concert on the tour!)

Permanent Waves (Its not the whole concert that they played on the Permanent Waves Tour, the songs is not in correct order, and it got some silence gaps between some of the songs which is annoying! At least mix it so it sounds like its from one and same concert!)

2112 (Like I said, just bullshit covers that I do not give a damn about, then they had the live version of The Twilight Zone song in so bad quality that I could not even listen to it, and they had that stupid radio ad, which is just waste of space. Nah, so bad box set that I sold it!)

Edited by YYZumbi

I’ve never been interested enough to even listen.

Listening to an album of a bunch of bands (even if they’re musicians I like) covering Rush has no appeal to me. It’s different if it’s a gig, like a cover band or what not because then it’s about the live atmosphere.

I never bought the boxes, just the CD sets.

All of them sound better than most of the previously released Rush CDs and the live/alternate versions of the songs were good too. Aside from Dream Theater and maybe one or two other covers, I didn't really dig those very much and didn't listen to covers after about three or four times through.