Best short Rush album closer (under 6 minutes)

Entre_Perpetuo

choose  

26 members have voted

1. 1. one

• Something For Nothing
    • Vital Signs
    • Countdown
    • Between The Wheels
    • Mystic Rhythms
    • High Water
    • Available Light
    • You Bet Your Life
    • Everyday Glory
    • Carve Away The Stone
    • Out Of The Cradle
    • We Hold On

We Hold On and High Water had no votes

But Available Light did?

WTF

Available Light is the favorite of many from Presto, whereas We Hold On and High Water are both seen as some of the weakest material on their respective albums by many TRFers. Not nearly all of them mind you, but many.

I never really understood the praise for Available Light, that's one of the weaker songs from that album

It’s dramatic and happens to be one of the last times in Rush’s discography we get to hear Geddy’s high register before his voice really started to change. The piano also makes it very unique in their catalogue. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it, no problem. But those are a couple of the reasons why a lot of fans do.

• Like 1

But Available Light did?

WTF

Available Light is the favorite of many from Presto, whereas We Hold On and High Water are both seen as some of the weakest material on their respective albums by many TRFers. Not nearly all of them mind you, but many.

I never really understood the praise for Available Light, that's one of the weaker songs from that album

It’s dramatic and happens to be one of the last times in Rush’s discography we get to hear Geddy’s high register before his voice really started to change. The piano also makes it very unique in their catalogue. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it, no problem. But those are a couple of the reasons why a lot of fans do.

I like all Rush songs. I really do. But I never understood why it was so highly praised of a song besides Geddy's voice, and there were some other really good songs they used the piano in. Personally, I think "Red Tide" was way better.

But Available Light did?

WTF

I like all Rush songs. I really do. But I never understood why it was so highly praised of a song besides Geddy's voice, and there were some other really good songs they used the piano in. Personally, I think "Red Tide" was way better.

Red Tide gets overlooked for sure. I’ve always thought that was a stand out track from Presto.

• Like 2

Close battle between Vital Signs and Everyday Glory but I chose VS because it's such a classic.

I also had to put on High Water and Countdown because those were 2 good contenders as well

Whaaaaaat!?

ED is utter dogshit.

I don't think you actually understood the meaning of Everyday Glory

The meaning of the song (which I understand perfectly) has nothing to do with it's dogshittyness.....