"Red Sector A" cover by Jacob Moon

JimboWTF

Does this guy just do wimpy covers of Rush tunes? That's all I've ever heard from him.

You could easily go and research his career and listen to his original stuff before making judgements.

Then again, we've had this discussion before where you're not open to doing that and continue hurling barbs at him.

It's your call.

There's been a few other's that have done the same thing as well.

I initially avoided posting this because I knew exactly what would be coming with the criticisms.

"quick to judge, quick to anger, and slow to understand."

I've realized that the majority of hard-rock and heavy metal listeners aren't open to liking this stuff. Maybe it's not headbanging and testosterone enough perhaps.

RUSH got the criticisms early on where they sounded too much like this act or that act and/or weren't good enough.

Donna Halper has stood by the band and defended them against critics and such.

In a way, like what Donna Halper has done for defending RUSH, I'm defending Jacob Moon's talent.

Edited by RushFanForever

Does this guy just do wimpy covers of Rush tunes? That's all I've ever heard from him.

You could easily go and research his career and listen to his original stuff before making judgements.

Then again, we've had this discussion before where you're not open to doing that and continue hurling barbs at him.

It's your call.

I initially avoided posting this because I knew exactly what would be coming with the criticisms.

I've realized that the majority of hard-rock and heavy metal listeners aren't open to liking this stuff. Maybe it's not headbanging and testosterone enough perhaps.

RUSH got the criticisms early on where they sounded too much like this act or that act and/or weren't good enough.

In a way, like what Donna Halper has done for defending RUSH, I'm defending Jacob Moon's talent.

But why would anyone research Jacob Moon or any other artist for that matter if what they hear from them, covers or not, doesn't peak their interest?

It's your call.

But why would anyone research Jacob Moon or any other artist for that matter if what they hear from them, covers or not, doesn't peak their interest?

If it tastes like shit, you need to eat more until it tastes like candy [or you die of dysentery :p ].

Well that was pish.....next.

What's the feeling about Alex Salmond, is he guilty or is it all a stitch-up?

I reckon he's been a bit grabby and inappropriate but I don't see him as a rapist...you never can tell though.

Well that was pish.....next.

What's the feeling about Alex Salmond, is he guilty or is it all a stitch-up?

I reckon he's been a bit grabby and inappropriate but I don't see him as a rapist...you never can tell though.

Do you think he'll get off or will get a few years in Barlinnie? I'm not sure how long the jury will take to come to a verdict they're home for the weekend.