Contacting Geddy/The Guys

skullchrist

You don’t need a publishing attorney to reach out, you need an agent. The attorney is for any deal you land to ensure you’re not getting screwed over. Managers and agents handle the reaching out to or receiving communication from others to initiate business transactions. You’d want to hit up Ray Danniels at SRO for a thing like this unless he’s no longer working for Rush at all.
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the input.

I have a lot of options now. Maybe I'll just mail it to the Anthem office and hope for the best. Like I said it's just a memoir and was never really intended to be published so I don't think I really need an agent.

Maybe I'll try that Ray Danniels guy too.

Thanks! :LOL:

Why would you want to contact them?...tbh, apart from Alex, they seem rather dull....

Can you really blame them? They have to constantly be interviewed and go to public events and greet thousands of fans who they don’t even know. I’m sure that it gets tiring after a while.

You don’t need a publishing attorney to reach out, you need an agent. The attorney is for any deal you land to ensure you’re not getting screwed over. Managers and agents handle the reaching out to or receiving communication from others to initiate business transactions. You’d want to hit up Ray Danniels at SRO for a thing like this unless he’s no longer working for Rush at all.

Agents and managers make a percentage and won’t take you on as a client if you’re nobody. Attorneys are usually for hire.

If skullchrist can get an agent then that would be the way to go. But he likely can’t get one.

Depends where his project is and whether he has any sample of his writing or previous published work. I have a friend who wrote a novel and had a hell of a time getting it published, but it did get done eventually, and she then got included in another book with multiple authors and got to do public appearances for it, etc. persistence pays off sometimes.

Just pure guess work, but if Ray is involved anymore it's individual contracts with all three of them.