Has anyone been to see Queen w/Adam Lambert?

blueschica

YES I HAVE!

Take it from the Queenmaster, it’s not presenting itself as the new Queen. Adam has the most wonderful ability to sing the songs well, to put on a great show, and still to come off like he’s just filling in (rather than replacing) someone who just couldn’t make it that night. Brian stills plays his butt off. Roger has a bit of help from another drummer but still rocks the house and sings like he’s still 25. Everything about the show has nothing but the utmost reverence for the past. And Freddie would be proud. The Show Must Go On, as he sang. I would go again in a heartbeat. Adam and what’s left of Queen have great chemistry on stage and Adam has great interaction with the crowd. My favorite concert I’ve ever been to, R40 a close 2nd.

I say go. You won’t regret getting to hear those songs live, nor seeing Brian and Roger in action.

Thanks, EP !! Your feedback helps a lot! Now I just have to decide between Pittsburgh and Philly. We are about halfway between each.

If you pick Pittsburgh, let me know. A round of drinks is on me.

Sounds like fun! It's a little easier for us to go to since my mom and dad still live there. I'll keep you posted on the final decision!

• Like 2

Has anyone ever seen Queen in concert with Adam Lambert as frontman? I'm kind of interested in seeing them this summer and trying to decide. Is it a decent show? Thoughts?

Yo Chica!

I am bummed I missed Queen in the good old days but I did indeed see "QUEEN WITH ADAM LAMBERT" last year with my parents.

San Jose Shark Tank.

Place was sold out.

Brain May stole the show. My night was made with Roger Taylor singing "I'm In Love With My Car."

I thought Adam was great. He totally pulled it off but I could tell he was fatigued near the end of the set.

Alas an incredible show.

My parents were in awe.

Thanks so much, Earl! It's good to hear it was a great show. It's awesome you took your parents! My mom never liked much rock but she loved ELO. She used to have us go buy the 8 tracks for our car! :LOL: I haven't thought about that in awhile; I should get her a CD for Christmas. :)

Hahaha! Thanks chica! I got lucky with great rocking parents!!

Taking mom and dad to Vegas to see KISS on my birthday! Feb 15th!

So funny, I just bought my ELO tickets for San Jose. Then the next night it's Uriah Heep and Judas Priest!!!

Get your mom "Face The Music" by ELO on cd! Great record!!!

ROCK ON!

I'm gonna follow these bands until the end!

• Like 1

Has anyone ever seen Queen in concert with Adam Lambert as frontman? I'm kind of interested in seeing them this summer and trying to decide. Is it a decent show? Thoughts?

Yo Chica!

I am bummed I missed Queen in the good old days but I did indeed see "QUEEN WITH ADAM LAMBERT" last year with my parents.

San Jose Shark Tank.

Place was sold out.

Brain May stole the show. My night was made with Roger Taylor singing "I'm In Love With My Car."

I thought Adam was great. He totally pulled it off but I could tell he was fatigued near the end of the set.

Alas an incredible show.

My parents were in awe.

Thanks so much, Earl! It's good to hear it was a great show. It's awesome you took your parents! My mom never liked much rock but she loved ELO. She used to have us go buy the 8 tracks for our car! :LOL: I haven't thought about that in awhile; I should get her a CD for Christmas. :)

Hahaha! Thanks chica! I got lucky with great rocking parents!!

Taking mom and dad to Vegas to see KISS on my birthday! Feb 15th!

So funny, I just bought my ELO tickets for San Jose. Then the next night it's Uriah Heep and Judas Priest!!!

Get your mom "Face The Music" by ELO on cd! Great record!!!

ROCK ON!

I'm gonna follow these bands until the end!

Haha yes, good idea- Face the Music was one of her favorite 8 tracks! Geez those things were great/horrible. Treeduck will be so jealous you are going to see Priest!

I saw them in Nashville on their last tour. Actually the first concert my daughter Sam took me too! We both thought the show was awesome. I saw them with Freddy 5 times “back in the day” and I enjoyed this show as much as the others. Adam Lambert is a natural front man for them. Definitely going to try and see them next year.
  • Like 2

Is it still Queen if Adam Lambert is the singer?

The only thing that matters is if I like the music (with Lambert I mean) or not. And I don’t. I tried listening to 5 or 6 tunes with Lambert and I couldn’t finish a single one.

And it’s not a matter of me inherently disliking cover bands or vocalists who fill-in. Not even the mighty Brian May can help me like these songs with Lambert in there.