Revisiting Every Rush Album In Order: Fly By Night (1975)

Segue Myles

2. Best I Can

Not one of the bands greatest songs, I don't really know what the general view is on this song. I like it. It doesn't really sound special to my ears, but it is good. The lyrics make me role my eyes a little. The solo is great though!

Slightly underwhelming. I'd like to know what you guys think of it though!

6/10

Compositionally, it could easily have been included on the debut, but Peart's drumming take it up a notch. Yes, excellent solo from Alex. It's this guitarist's opinion that Alex carried the band through the first three albums.

• Like 1

Great album. I sometimes go to Best I Can and Making Memories, some of the best deep cuts out there.

Rivendell - I think that's Geddy's songwriting and performance on the nylon string guitar, isn't it?

Yes.

2. Best I Can

Not one of the bands greatest songs, I don't really know what the general view is on this song. I like it. It doesn't really sound special to my ears, but it is good. The lyrics make me role my eyes a little. The solo is great though!

6/10

Compositionally, it could easily have been included on the debut, but Peart's drumming take it up a notch. Yes, excellent solo from Alex. It's this guitarist's opinion that Alex carried the band through the first three albums.

Alex was definitely the highlight of all three albums. But the debut had exceptional vocals from Geddy too!

• Like 1

After listening to everything else from this era, I revise my rating to a 7/10 instead of the more generous 8/10.

2. Best I Can

6/10

No doubt about that. Alex absolutely kills on Caress...

Dumbest album cover in their entire discography. I'd rather look at 3 red balls than that stupid owl.

Kansas' Song For America looks so much better