Blue Oyster Cult

mirkwood

What a cool song. This album rocks-------BOC RULE.

Indeed it does!! ...... It gives great hope to old codgers like me, that old codgers like BOC can still deliver the goods!! Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

I've seen these guys I believe 6 times and not once have they played This Ain't The Summer of Love. I know they do play it off and on. Sadly it's always been off for me and I have always really gotten off on that song.
  • Like 2

I've seen these guys I believe 6 times and not once have they played This Ain't The Summer of Love. I know they do play it off and on. Sadly it's always been off for me and I have always really gotten off on that song.

I think I've seen them 8 times. Including the two times they opened for Deep Purple.

I will post a list soon.

• Like 1

That 2001 album was terrific, The Old Gods Return is one of my all time favorite BOC tracks. There's no reason it shouldn't be a good album. I can't imagine a bunch of song writers sat around without any ideas for 17 years. Some of those ideas might be perfect for BOC.

But for every "Old Gods Return," that album sports an "I Just Like to Be Bad." :facepalm:

Yeah. I like Old Gods, but I don't like the album on the whole very much.

Heaven Forbid, on the other hand, was a great album. And I'm optimistic as well.

bocfireof.jpg

that vinyl looks pretty

This is amazing.

My blue vinyl "Fire Of Unknown Origin" was just delivered to me last week!!! Didn't even see this yet!!! Amazing timing.

• Like 3

I last saw them on the 45th anniversary tour in 2017. It was a set picked from across their career but they did not play This Ain't The Summer Of Love.

From the Agents of Fortune album they played True Confessions, Don't Fear The Reaper and Tattoo Vampire.

• Like 1

I last saw them on the 45th anniversary tour in 2017. It was a set picked from across their career but they did not play This Ain't The Summer Of Love.

From the Agents of Fortune album they played True Confessions, Don't Fear The Reaper and Tattoo Vampire.

I should have went to the LA show on this tour. They played a 20 or more song set including the whole debut album. I went to the OC Fair show the next day where they did a much shorter set. But I did get Lip In The Hills for the first time!

• Like 1

I should have went to the LA show on this tour. They played a 20 or more song set including the whole debut album. I went to the OC Fair show the next day where they did a much shorter set. But I did get Lip In The Hills for the first time!

Yes, it was a great setlist when I saw them in Glasgow although it was 15 songs - Lips In The Hills was played but also Joan Crawford which pleased me. I had heard that they didn't always play Astronomy but thankfully it was played also.
  • Like 1

Yes, it was a great setlist when I saw them in Glasgow although it was 15 songs - Lips In The Hills was played but also Joan Crawford which pleased me. I had heard that they didn't always play Astronomy but thankfully it was played also.

You got Joan Crawford??!! Damn I'm jealous.

• Like 2

B.O.C. live. My concert list:

1978 - L.A. Forum w/ UFO - Astronomy w/ lazer on mirror ball!

2003 - Orange County Fair (Speedway stadium, 2 free shows(1hr ea.) w/ fair admission) We got in free. Bobby Rondinelli on drums! it was still Eric, Buck & Allen. They did Joan Crawford.

2007 - OC Fair, Rudy on bass - opened for Deep Purple

2014 - OC Fair, Kasim on bass - DP

2014 - Burton Chase Park, L.A. free concert!

2015 - La Mirada PAC - long show - got Black Blade w/ meat cave speech and I Love The Night

2016 - Saban Theater, Beverly Hills - Agents Of Fortune 40th w/ Al Bouchard!

2017 - OC Fair, The Hanger

Edited by Self-Indulgence
  • Like 3

I’ve recently listened to the new album. It’s fricking excruciating.

What a surprise, you hate something

• Like 3

The new album is awesome. I was worried that they would spread themselves thin over fourteen tracks, but most of the songs are quite good.

I was surprised just how good it was ..... and it stands up to repeated listens.
  • Like 4