Le Studio burned down

Permanent-Rush

I think that the main undoing of Le Studio is what made it so attractive to musicians: its remote location.

It's not that close to Montreal, and can really only be accessed if you have your own vehicle.

If it was right downtown, I'm sure it would've been turned into a cool pub at the very least, or a coffee shop, or a poutinerie...

LeStudio's main undoing was technology.

True, but as a location/building it was really too far away to do much with in terms of fix-ups, etc.

There are still a few recording studios up there in the Morin Heights area if people are interested!

(Newton Studio, Hello Musique, Grosse Roche)

Having lost everything in a house fire years ago I just picked up the pieces and started again.Let Studio is gone and there is not much to do about it but remember the great albums that were made there.

I think of the song

by fellow Anthem act Ian Thomas. Daryl Braithwaite covered Ian's songs 'As The Days Go By' and 'All I Do'.

The smell of defeat..indeed.

This is really upsetting to hear. You look at the list of albums and musicians that played at this place, its a crime in more ways than one that this happened to this venue.

Where was the vision, the loyalty, the oh so fond memories turned into a physical communial effort to keep this place? It didn't have to be a recording studio, (the least viable option) it could of been a hotel, hunting lodge apartments health spa....

As someone pointed out, in the uk there are many areas or buildings that are kept in their original glory, yet used in some other way than originally intended. A sign commemorates its history, usually and thats seems right. This just seem not right at all.

I have a house thats over 250 years old, and we are restoring it to its former glory in its historical keeping - we have to, as its a listed building, sometimes its listing, Im sure :). Its a pain at times but its worth it.

What was the worth of this studio now, nothing but memories? Tragic.