The 2017-18 NFL thread

laughedatbytime

Since NBC is doing the Super Bowl this year, I won't just have the sound off at half-time but for the whole game. Geez Collinsworth makes me take an icepick to my eardrums. That is all...

Exactly. Mute or radio is the way to go this year.

I'd rather see Romo, though I don't care for Nantz but Michaels and Collinsworth are orders of magnitude better than Buck and Aikman.

Oh the hatred. You really don't think that Aikman does a good job calling games?

Since NBC is doing the Super Bowl this year, I won't just have the sound off at half-time but for the whole game. Geez Collinsworth makes me take an icepick to my eardrums. That is all...

I'd rather see Romo, though I don't care for Nantz but Michaels and Collinsworth are orders of magnitude better than Buck and Aikman.

Oh the hatred. You really don't think that Aikman does a good job calling games?

He's Captain Obvious.

Please note how much I enjoy Romo's work, Skip, he had more unique insights the first week he was on the air than Aikman's had his entire career in the booth.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Don't live in New England? You probably don't want the Cheatriots to win.

Bill Belichick likes little boys

On Saturday night it'll officially be the Patriots against the rest the country.

It's no secret that anyone outside of New England isn't the biggest fan of the Patriots. In fact, they straight up hate them.

That hate driven by envy was on full display when the Everything TN account tweeted a graphic earlier this week showing the result of a poll taken by over a million voters that showed who they are rooting for when the Patriots take on the Titans in the AFC Divisional Round.

Yup, it's Patriots vs. everyone else.

New England has been in this position before and more often than not they end up raising a Lombardi Trophy to the chagrin of the rest of the rest of the nation.

They'll try to do that again when they enter Gillette Stadium as a near 14 point favorite and embark on their playoff run starting with the Titans.

Don't live in New England? You probably don't want the Cheatriots to win.

Bill Belichick likes little boys

On Saturday night it'll officially be the Patriots against the rest the country.

It's no secret that anyone outside of New England isn't the biggest fan of the Patriots. In fact, they straight up hate them.

That hate driven by envy was on full display when the Everything TN account tweeted a graphic earlier this week showing the result of a poll taken by over a million voters that showed who they are rooting for when the Patriots take on the Titans in the AFC Divisional Round.

Yup, it's Patriots vs. everyone else.

New England has been in this position before and more often than not they end up raising a Lombardi Trophy to the chagrin of the rest of the rest of the nation.

They'll try to do that again when they enter Gillette Stadium as a near 14 point favorite and embark on their playoff run starting with the Titans.

I do.

How are they going to keep the balls inflated when it's only 24 degrees when they couldn't when it was in the lower 50s?

Did you hear that the Titans’ plane was delayed yesterday? I smell a “-gate.”

I heard about that. Some of the cargo from the previous flight from Nashville to Boston had apparently spilled onto the runway. It takes forever to get snake oil washed off the pavement. Know anyone in the Boston area who has fallen under the spell of someone selling snake oil?

He's Captain Obvious.

Please note how much I enjoy Romo's work, Skip, he had more unique insights the first week he was on the air than Aikman's had his entire career in the booth.

Romo is taking a different and probably new approach to the job. I think Aikman calls a pretty damn good game. He gives some in and outs. Romo has been a lot better than I thought he would be.

Shit. I'm four beers and three tequila shots in................

How are they going to keep the balls inflated when it's only 24 degrees when they couldn't when it was in the lower 50s?

I heard about that. Some of the cargo from the previous flight from Nashville to Boston had apparently spilled onto the runway. It takes forever to get snake oil washed off the pavement. Know anyone in the Boston area who has fallen under the spell of someone selling snake oil?

I agree. His success isn’t related to snake oil. It’s because he’s the greatest QB of all time.

• Like 1

I agree. His success isn’t related to snake oil. It’s because he’s the greatest QB of all time.

That drive showed his brilliance. No other QB ever could have made those throws. :wacko:

I'd throw Montana in the conversation and maybe two or three more given the situation. But Brady has done so damn much in football that he can't be denied. Manning, at this point, shouldn't even be allowed to sniff his jock.
  • Like 1

That drive showed his brilliance. No other QB ever could have made those throws. :wacko:

Knock it off dude. You get too emotional about football and lose all common sense.

And for you treeduck. I haven't watched the Saints in probably two years or so because of work and family. I plopped down last weekend and watched Brees. He has elevated his game to absolute supremecy in football. First ballot Hall of Famer.
  • Like 1

I'd take medicine from ARod's cousin before Alex Guerrero. Guerrero is probably better than that team doctor(Pappas) the Red Sox used to have, though. Other than Ted Johnson, no Boston player ever should have on the field less than some of those he mistreated.

Knock it off dude. You get too emotional about football and lose all common sense.

yeah, Skip, your brilliance is unmatched, as can be seen by your recent posts in the CFB thread. Except for maybe the cliches and conventional wisdom thrown out by Aikman every week.

And for you treeduck. I haven't watched the Saints in probably two years or so because of work and family. I plopped down last weekend and watched Brees. He has elevated his game to absolute supremecy in football. First ballot Hall of Famer.

I think he booked his spot quite a while ago. I remember reading a debate somewhere online on some sports site, it was from about 2010 and quite a few people thought he hadn't done enough at that point I think it's beyond debate now though..

• Like 1

yeah, Skip, your brilliance is unmatched, as can be seen by your recent posts in the CFB thread. Except for maybe the cliches and conventional wisdom thrown out by Aikman every week.

Skip? Skip Bayless? Whatever, Your emotions rule you when it come to sports. I see the game for what it is.

He’s 40 and still playing well. Less than a year ago, at 39, he played pretty well in a sort of big game.

Marino played like that a few times in Super Bowls though, no?

I think he booked his spot quite a while ago. I remember reading a debate somewhere online on some sports site, it was from about 2010 and quite a few people thought he hadn't done enough at that point I think it's beyond debate now though..

I was so impressed with his control of the game. He's playing at an extremely high level. His on field awareness is as good as it can get. I may, with much hesitation, pull for the Saints all the way through. Brees was outstanding last week.
  • Like 1

He’s 40 and still playing well. Less than a year ago, at 39, he played pretty well in a sort of big game.

Marino played like that a few times in Super Bowls though, no?

In fairness, Marino didn't have a running game, at a time, when the running game was central to the game plan.
  • Like 1

Skip? Skip Bayless? Whatever, Your emotions rule you when it come to sports. I see the game for what it is.

Of course you do, Skip :wacko:

Of course you do, Skip :wacko:

Yes I do.