What do you think of the song "here again" from the first Rush album?

New_World_Man

What do you think of the song "here again" from the first Rush album?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the song "here again" from the first Rush album?

• I love it
    • I like it
    • It had to grow on me over time but I like it
    • I don't like it
    • One of the worst Rush songs
    • IT's boring but it's still ok I guess

Kevin J. Anderson is a terrific author. I haven't read his Star Wars books, but his own series are flat-out gripping fiction. If you guys really want to knock someone's writing, I can give you a name of a guy who wrote a best selling fantasy series that was soooooo bad...Dog Years would be its lead trailer music if made into a movie. But I won't. Because I'm an aspiring writer with zilch to my name. But we're all critics, right?

A Clockwork Orange was a terrific book by a terrific writer.

Clockwork Angels was a Hardy Boys-esque 'reinterpretation' (ie: lazy rip-off) of Candide, and excruciatingly written.

Some say its dialogue was carved out of old vaudeville puppets.

http://ventriloquistcentral.com/ventriloquism-tribute/vaudeville-ventriloquists/chesterfield.jpg

I don't know KJAs own work, but CA was a barrel-full of suck, as were several of his Dune attempts.

Plus it's fun to rag on wealthy hacks with half-baked wives. :LOL:

I have a signed copy of "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess. Genius book. I read it a few times in college. The movie is a masterpiece too.

• Like 2

I really like it, but "love" is saved for Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In The Mood, Before And After and Working Man

Still, Here Again is a great song, just a notch down from some of the others - like 9 vs a 10

It's weird that many TRFers don't consider this album a Rush album.

Good song on a fun, enjoyable album.

Many don't consider most albums Rush albums to be Rush albums......

• Like 1

Kevin J. Anderson is a terrific author. I haven't read his Star Wars books, but his own series are flat-out gripping fiction. If you guys really want to knock someone's writing, I can give you a name of a guy who wrote a best selling fantasy series that was soooooo bad...Dog Years would be its lead trailer music if made into a movie. But I won't. Because I'm an aspiring writer with zilch to my name. But we're all critics, right?

A Clockwork Orange was a terrific book by a terrific writer.

Clockwork Angels was a Hardy Boys-esque 'reinterpretation' (ie: lazy rip-off) of Candide, and excruciatingly written.

Some say its dialogue was carved out of old vaudeville puppets.

http://ventriloquistcentral.com/ventriloquism-tribute/vaudeville-ventriloquists/chesterfield.jpg

I don't know KJAs own work, but CA was a barrel-full of suck, as were several of his Dune attempts.

Plus it's fun to rag on wealthy hacks with half-baked wives. :LOL:

Neil Peart, Zombie P.I.

by Kevin J "vaportrailer" Anderson

http://s3.amazonaws.com/pq-imgs/images/bios/Neil-Peart.jpg-3642.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d-5qlsRkLZI/U08jkIw4l_I/AAAAAAAADKM/RDRpJ4C212o/s1600/91PEAATtdXL._SL1500_.jpg

Neil Trape wandered away from his shiny new EW drums, made out of old xylophone bars chosen for their supreme resonance and durability.

"Guys! I really want to get back to my new Philip Larkin anthology. He's so drably droll. Can we finish this up?"

"But Neil, the tour starts..."

"THE TOUR STARS WHEN I TELL IT TO START! HEAR ME?"

His co-workers, Gary and Nuckfuts, shivered in the corner, guitars feeding back. "Yes Prince By-Tor" they shouted meekly in unison.

"Okay then. I shall proceed to my domicile and my omnibus."

Neil, a plucky young-looking rogue of roguish pluck, smiled smugly as he extricated himself from there. There was another reason to duck out of band practice early...

Part 2 : Dead Sector A

Neil blithely etc etc etc.

• Like 1

I really like it, but "love" is saved for Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In The Mood, Before And After and Working Man

Still, Here Again is a great song, just a notch down from some of the others - like 9 vs a 10

It's weird that many TRFers don't consider this album a Rush album.

Good song on a fun, enjoyable album.

Many don't consider most albums Rush albums to be Rush albums......

At first that made me laugh but then I realized how true it is :LOL: