Would RUSH Still Be One Of Your Favourite Bands If...

diatribein

Would RUSH Still Be One Of Your Favourite Bands If...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Permanent Waves was their debut album

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Signals was their debut album

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Presto was their debut album

• Yes
    • No

Interesting question.

Yes to the first two easily.

No to the third, but I'd still own their albums, still see them on tour, and still call them 'very good'.

Presto was hit and miss for me, I'm a rare one who loves Roll, everything else mixed as well until Clock, which I also love. So no insult, they just wouldn't be a 'favorite' band anymore.

Rush, hasn't been one of my favorite bands, and groups. They always have been my favorite band, and group. For, and on the three of them, I voted "Yes".

If they started with Presto, you'd put the band on your "maybe" pile, a band to keep an eye on. If they follow that up with Grace Under Pressure then probably I'll give up, but come at me second up with Hemispheres or PW or MP or 2112 or CoS or AFTK, then, you know, we're all set!

You know...I see a lot here vying for BEST FAN EVER by voting for all three. But that's not exactly what the OP is asking. You don't know that they'd still be your favorite, or even a favorite even if not for their 70s releases. While I can believe that a very minute percentage of fans upon listening to Signals would declare Rush their favorite band, Presto is even harder to believe and a much smaller percentage than even that. Without the foundation of what came before and with those particular albums released in their perspective years I find it highly unlikely. Oh sure, you can say they'd still be a favorite. But really, this is one of those 'you'll never know' questions.

My first Rush album was Chronicles and my favorite song on it was Show Don't Tell, so I'm pretty sure.