Alas, Atlas Shrugged... Our Beautiful "World On Fire!" Not Politics! YNGWIE MALMSTEEN! This Guy RULES! Seeing Him Tonight! EVIL EYE!

I'll try and post a pic later tonight, I'm currently at work lol.

I didn't see Malmsteen in the 80's. My misses found the shirt online and snagged it for me. :7up:

I got the pick at his last Sydney concert in I think 2015. As you know, he throws and kicks them out like confetti.

The show finished and I didn't have a pick. Another concert goer spotted my Alcatrazz shirt and gave me one of his Malmsteen picks. That fan was a legend IMO.

The instant I got home my 8 year old son claimed the pick as his own :LOL:

Hahaha! Nice! Glad to see you married a good woman! You are lucky! Hold on to her forever!

You are so funny! I love the Yngwie Way with the kick picks! I love it! I still think the boys in Cheap Trick throw out more! However I am not a big fan.

Ok "Working Man!" When you find the time I would love to see the shirt!

Your son is being raised right too!

Cheers!

It really is a sweet amazing on the spot tone, incredible tone!

Agree 100%.

Anyone else read his book "Relentless". He goes into detail on a lot of things; growing up in Sweden, moving to the USA, musical influences, his passion for constant improvement, his gear/sound etc.

Yeah cheers for that, defo check it out. Malmsteen is one of those people that intrigues. Polorising guy. Love him or hate him, hes as interesting as anything, want to know what drives him.

Hi Earl, Still haven't got around to posting up pics yet. I'll do it some time soon

Imagine a white t-shirt with Malmsteen's Face on the front and Rising Force on the back

The Alcatrazz shirt is a black shirt with ALCATRAZZ in yellow and on the front "No parole for rock & roll on the back and a photo of the band.

• Like 1

Hi Earl, Still haven't got around to posting up pics yet. I'll do it some time soon

Imagine a white t-shirt with Malmsteen's Face on the front and Rising Force on the back

The Alcatrazz shirt is a black shirt with ALCATRAZZ in yellow and on the front "No parole for rock & roll on the back and a photo of the band.

Don't worry about it my friend! I have a hard time posting pics on here. But thank you for the image. Rising Force image on the back is killer!!

You have two amazing shirts! Do you wear them or keep them mint?

I love you Earl, but I think Malmsteen is awful. I've posted this many times before but here it is again, his ridiculous cover of Dream On He has never had any clue about what fits a song. He insists on showing you everything he has all the time. Is he technically skilled? Of course. Is he a "good" guitarist? Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9gS2OlxMM

• Like 1

I love you Earl, but I think Malmsteen is awful. I've posted this many times before but here it is again, his ridiculous cover of Dream On He has never had any clue about what fits a song. He insists on showing you everything he has all the time. Is he technically skilled? Of course. Is he a "good" guitarist? Nope.

That song is in his covers album, Inspiration. He also covered Rush´s Anthem, with a smilarly disastrous result. But his take on Scorpion´s The Sails Of Charon is amazing! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ0yw1-GdOk

That song is in his covers album, Inspiration. He also covered Rush´s Anthem, with a smilarly disastrous result. But his take on Scorpion´s The Sails Of Charon is amazing! Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ0yw1-GdOk

Good point Rod, in that's probably a better vehicle for him. Still, I'll take "the other Roth's" version. :)

He insists on showing you everything he has all the time.

This is where he was better in Alcatrazz IMO.

His relentless 'over playing' only occurred 80% of the time, as opposed to 95% of the time once he went solo :LOL:

But seriously, his over-playing got old very quick when I saw him live.

IMO his best cover is Spanish Castle Magic.

Yngwie's finest hour is No Parole From R&R with Alcatrazz. That shit is epic.

I wore an Alcatrazz No Parole for R & R shirt when I saw him live in Sydney.

I was about 5 rows back from the front - black shirt with Alcatrazz in yellow.

I swear he saw the shirt and gave me a :eh: look.

I yelled out "play Hiroshima mon amor" between songs for good measure :LOL:

He's probably forgotten all about Alcatrazz but it's his best stuff!

"Rising Force" and "Marching Out" are up there. Then from "Trilogy" and on it does get shaky.

Seventh Sign is a great album too

• Like 1

He insists on showing you everything he has all the time.

This is where he was better in Alcatrazz IMO.

His relentless 'over playing' only occurred 80% of the time, as opposed to 95% of the time once he went solo :LOL:

But seriously, his over-playing got old very quick when I saw him live.

IMO his best cover is Spanish Castle Magic.

13!

I love that "covers" cd.

Doesn't Malmsteen cover RUSH?

Which song was it? I forget.

I could look it up but I will wait for someone's response.

Anthem?