Let's stick up for Neil please?

Steve Smith

Ok my bad, your not all douchebags, apparently your all English teachers.

Coincidentally, I am an English teacher but I left your 'your' alone the other times too.

I'm too busy being a douchebag and following your orders.

Johnny can we try to resolve things please? I am very sorry and I do realise how stupid and ignorant my comment was

:drool: :drool:

Yeah, I stuck up for Neil, and the douchebag commitee tried to give me an enema for it‼️ All you fags need to go play at your Ricky Martin concert and lick each other's asses! Fudgepackers ������

Seems like you're familiar with the Rusty Trombone.

Well I like your comparison, or maybe the Rusty Sherriff's badge. I am completely happy with anybody's sexuality, that is totally cool but I could not manage that, not with my piles!

All y'all need not worry The Honest Man...LOL...has been banned. He'll no longer darken our shores.

Getting back on topic. While I occasionally think of Neil as a douc...ah hem a prick my life is better being exposed to his awesome talents.

• Like 1

All y'all need not worry The Honest Man...LOL...has been banned. He'll no longer darken our shores.

Getting back on topic. While I occasionally think of Neil as a douc...ah hem a prick my life is better being exposed to his awesome talents.

Well I guess we should all take a lesson from this JR. Perhaps we should try to be more tolerant and realise that everyone is different personality and has different opinions. I know for my part that coming on here has made me a better person.

Take care

Smitty :blush:

• Like 1

I really don't know enough about Neil to comment on him as a person as an arsehole or whatever

I accept the comments that people that know a lot more than me have made about him, but until the day comes if I ever meet him which is unlikely then I just express my right to reserve judgement until then.

Steve

I know this sounds very silly and immature but I am sorry to see Honest Man go

At least when he was here then I was not the biggest asshole on the forum!!!!! ha ha

Seriously though, I think the guy was troubled and had issues as do all trolls, it is just a shame that we could not have helped him sort himself out

At least when he was here then I was not the biggest asshole on the forum!!!!! ha ha

Did TonyR leave the forum???

• Like 1

Don't know, Tony R is a difficult guy to get on with but perhaps we can bring him round by just showing some LOVE :heart: :heart:

Ha ha

No™.

Why? Please tell me? :eyeroll:

I don't care if he wants to drink, not play the drums, or whatever, but I do care that he has such disdain for people in general and fans specifically. The very people that allowed him to pursue his livelihood and make a lot of money doing it, are the ones he seems to talk the worst about.

He doesn't strike me as someone who has disdain for people in general. From my admittedly limited perspective, he seems to really enjoy the company of people that he is close to..and he's uncomfortable around strangers... That doesn't strike me as disdain for people in general at all.

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 2

No™.

I don't care if he wants to drink, not play the drums, or whatever, but I do care that he has such disdain for people in general and fans specifically. The very people that allowed him to pursue his livelihood and make a lot of money doing it, are the ones he seems to talk the worst about.

He doesn't strike me as someone who has disdain for people in general. From my admittedly limited perspective, he seems to really enjoy the company of people that he is close to..and he's uncomfortable around strangers... That doesn't strike me as disdain for people in general at all.

I really don't think anyone has the right to judge Neil unless they have actually met him :finbar: :finbar:

• Like 1

No™.

I really don't think anyone has the right to judge Neil unless they have actually met him :finbar: :finbar:

Generally I would agree with you but he puts so much of himself out into the world with his books, blog and lyrics that it's not surprising that people would form an opinion about him. The books in particular come across to some as being very self centered and derogatory towards people that he considers to be "fans". (And some social groups)

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 3

No™.

Generally I would agree with you but he puts so much of himself out into the world with his books, blog and lyrics that it's not surprising that people would form an opinion about him. The books in particular come across to some as being very self centered and derogatory towards people that he considers to be "fans". (And some social groups)

I guess what we're doing is commenting on the persona, rather than the person. And I think that's fair, as he's a public figure.

That said, I think I would very much enjoy the company of hunting lodge Neil.

• Like 2

No™.

Agreed 100%. We all form opinions about people we haven't met all the time and it's a ridiculous assertion to make. If we searched the forum we would find comments bashing the kardashians, Kanye, and many other celebrities. None of which we know personally. The Neil defenders do this because they can't balance the music and lyrics they love so much with some of the things he says or does that's a lot less attractive. That's life and that's being a human. None are perfect.

• Like 4

As a youth, I used to imagine scenarios where I would randomly encounter my musical heroes whether it be individual members of Rush or someone from any other band I liked.

In my imagination, these artists would be receptive to my expressions of appreciation, and maybe even mildly intrigued as I revealed the depth of my familiarity with their work.

That was total fantasy, of course.

As an adult, I think if I encountered any of my musical heroes out in public, I might take a good long glance at them and soak in that memory, but I wouldn’t acknowledge them or try to chat them up or present myself to them as some superfan.

I suspect there are a number of the musicians I like, not just Neil Peart but people like Van Morrison, Steve Howe, Robert Fripp, Bob Dylan and Pete Townshend, who are probably a bit curmudgeonly in person and wouldn't be receptive to me interrupting them, even if it was simply to praise their work.

• Like 3

As a youth, I used to imagine scenarios where I would randomly encounter my musical heroes whether it be individual members of Rush or someone from any other band I liked.

In my imagination, these artists would be receptive to my exp<b></b>ressions of appreciation, and maybe even mildly intrigued as I revealed the depth of my familiarity with their work.

As an adult, I think if I encountered any of my musical heroes out in public, I might take a good long glance at them and soak in that memory, but I wouldn’t acknowledge them or try to chat them up or present myself to them as some superfan.

I suspect there are a number of the musicians I like, not just Neil Peart but people like Van Morrison, Steve Howe, Robert Fripp, Bob Dylan and Pete Townshend, who are probably a bit curmudgeonly in person and wouldn't be receptive to me interrupting them, even if it was simply to praise their work.

Well, Pete Townshend wouldn't be receptive because he probably couldn't hear you. Not because he's an old crumudgeon

In my imagination, these artists would be receptive to my exp<b></b>ressions of appreciation, and maybe even mildly intrigued as I revealed the depth of my familiarity with their work.

It seems most of the really great artists don't have the best people skills.

Don't know, Tony R is a difficult guy to get on with but perhaps we can bring him round by just showing some LOVE :heart: :heart:

Ha ha

The hell with that, I would like to boot him in the arse!!!!

They are usually introverts and have spent most of their life in a dark basement practicing their instrument.

• Like 1

Ha ha

The hell with that, I would like to boot him in the arse!!!!

Well I am in enough trouble as it is so I will just say I understand what you are saying

They are usually introverts and have spent most of their life in a dark basement practicing their instrument.

Really great observation and very true. I will say that I've often wondered how a guy like Ted nugent was ever able to sit still long enough to learn how to play guitar so I guess there is the occasional exception.

• Like 2

In my imagination, these artists would be receptive to my expressions of appreciation, and maybe even mildly intrigued as I revealed the depth of my familiarity with their work.

Really great observation and very true. I will say that I've often wondered how a guy like Ted nugent was ever able to sit still long enough to learn how to play guitar so I guess there is the occasional exception.

Hello Ancient, hope you are well

Best Regards

Steve

• Like 1