R.I.P Geoff Nicholls

geezer

He died at 68. Not a key member in history of Black Sabbath (before he played in Quartz - debut album produced by Tony Iommi) , but a nice bloke and he added some good parts here and there, E5150 above all.
  • Like 3

He died at 68. Not a key member in history of Black Sabbath (before he played in Quartz - debut album produced by Tony Iommi) , but a nice bloke and he added some good parts here and there, E5150 above all.

I think he was a significant member actually. He played on every album starting with Heaven and Hell.

RIP

• Like 2

I think he was a significant member actually. He played on every album starting with Heaven and Hell.

RIP

Yes, he did all the keyboards and provided backing vocals for Sabbath. The man definitely contributed more than anyone thought. He was always there live but the band had him playing off to the side or backstage where nobody could see him. I guess Iommi felt having a keyboard player on stage didn't fit the Sabbath image. He would play some rhythm guitar live as well while Iommi was playing solos.

I saw Sabbath in 1995 and from where I was standing I could see Geoff playing on the side of the stage behind a curtain. He hit the high notes on Headless Cross because there was no way in hell Tony Martin was gonna be able to do that every show and be able to keep singing.

RIP.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

RIP

Yes, he did all the keyboards and provided backing vocals for Sabbath. The man definitely contributed more than anyone thought. He was always there live but the band had him playing off to the side or backstage where nobody could see him. I guess Iommi felt having a keyboard player on stage didn't fit the Sabbath image. He would play some rhythm guitar live as well while Iommi was playing solos.

I saw Sabbath in 1995 and from where I was standing I could see Geoff playing on the side of the stage behind a curtain. He hit the high notes on Headless Cross because there was no way in hell Tony Martin was gonna be able to do that every show and be able to keep singing.

RIP.

I absolutely didn't want to dismiss his role with my previous words (errr, English language is still a minefield for me....) and I agree with both of you: actually from 15 years he played some very doomy intros and instrumental bridging tracks.

a funny thing I remember about him he is playing during the Tony Martin years with a "For Hire" small banner hanging from his keyboards.

• Like 1