21st Century Academy Awards Best Pictures

JohnnyBlaze

21st Century Academy Awards Best Pictures  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite of these 21st century Academy Awards Best Pictures?

• Spotlight
    • Birdman
    • 12 Years a Slave
    • Argo
    • The Artist
    • The King's Speech
    • The Hurt Locker
    • Slumdog Millionaire
    • No Country for Old Men
    • The Departed
    • Crash
    • Million Dollar Baby
    • Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
    • Chicago
    • A Beautiful Mind
  2. 2. How many of them have you seen?

• None of them
    • Only one: (x)
    • Just a few, between two to five of them
    • Some, between six to ten of them
    • Most of them, between eleven to thirteen of them
    • I've seen all of them except for (x)
    • All of them

I've only seen four of them, I should try more I guess. Something is wrong with my genes as everyone in my family loves the LOTR series but me (I don't care for the books or Rivendell either.) I'm still trying to catch Spotlight and Birdman on On Demand. My son said Spotlight was really excellent and more like a detective film than one would think.

Which 4 did you see? There are some really good movies in that bunch.

LotR 3 is the only one on that list that I didn't FINISH. Everything else I saw completely or didn't see at all.

The Blaze bros are pretty much split on LotR. A couple of them are surprised that I don't like the Rings movies.

We normally see quite a few movies, but yeah, only 4 on this list. It's a viewing prejudice, but I volunteered for a long time at a domestic violence shelter so I usually say no to violent stuff, (got stuck with John Wick last year, very unusual circumstances.) I did see Chicago, Argo, King's Speech and A Beautiful Mind. I'd still like to see The Artist as it got such good press at the time. My favorites were The King's Speech (enjoy anything historical) and Argo (same for suspenseful).

I see.

Well, Slumdog was my choice and I don't think anyone would describe that as a violent movie despite it having a few violent scenes. I bet you'd really like it. I must've seen it at least a dozen times. Soundtrack fits perfectly too.

• Like 1

I've only seen four of them, I should try more I guess. Something is wrong with my genes as everyone in my family loves the LOTR series but me (I don't care for the books or Rivendell either.) I'm still trying to catch Spotlight and Birdman on On Demand. My son said Spotlight was really excellent and more like a detective film than one would think.

LotR 3 is the only one on that list that I didn't FINISH. Everything else I saw completely or didn't see at all.

The Blaze bros are pretty much split on LotR. A couple of them are surprised that I don't like the Rings movies.

We normally see quite a few movies, but yeah, only 4 on this list. It's a viewing prejudice, but I volunteered for a long time at a domestic violence shelter so I usually say no to violent stuff, (got stuck with John Wick last year, very unusual circumstances.) I did see Chicago, Argo, King's Speech and A Beautiful Mind. I'd still like to see The Artist as it got such good press at the time. My favorites were The King's Speech (enjoy anything historical) and Argo (same for suspenseful).

I see.

Well, Slumdog was my choice and I don't think anyone would describe that as a violent movie despite it having a few violent scenes. I bet you'd really like it. I must've seen it at least a dozen times. Soundtrack fits perfectly too.

My son keeps telling me that also; it sounds like I should check it out. . .I'm hoping to see Hidden Figures in the theater soon as well. Several friends have said it was excellent! We watched The Big Short last night and it was good also. Didn't recognize Christian Bale for awhile!

Return Of The King for me.

Nooooo.... :poke:

It's interesting to me that 7 different flicks have been chosen from 8 TRFers.

I had never even heard of The Artist. I only know about it now because I read the synopsis before making the poll.

The Artist would be my second choice. Masterpiece.

And here I am trying to figure out what planet I was living on in 2011. I knew nothing about it.

It was a silent movie.

That explains why I heard nothing about it.

:P

• Like 1

I see.

My son keeps telling me that also; it sounds like I should check it out. . .I'm hoping to see Hidden Figures in the theater soon as well. Several friends have said it was excellent! We watched The Big Short last night and it was good also. Didn't recognize Christian Bale for awhile!

Didn't see Big Short and I've never heard of Hidden Figures. I doubt if the latter has even made it here yet.

I see.

Didn't see Big Short and I've never heard of Hidden Figures. I doubt if the latter has even made it here yet.

It might not have, it just opened in the US two weeks ago. It is based on a true book and highlights the stories of 3 African American women. They were part of a team of women that were doing the analog math calculations at the Langley VA NASA center, figuring the trajectories for John Glenn and other astronauts to leave and re enter earth's atmosphere. (Sorry, TMI, I know. I am kind of a John Glenn fanboy.)

I see.

It might not have, it just opened in the US two weeks ago. It is based on a true book and highlights the stories of 3 African American women. They were part of a team of women that were doing the analog math calculations at the Langley VA NASA center, figuring the trajectories for John Glenn and other astronauts to leave and re enter earth's atmosphere. (Sorry, TMI, I know. I am kind of a John Glenn fanboy.)

Ah ok, I do know that movie but didn't know the name. And yeah, I don't think it's arrived yet.

I haven´t seen the last three on the poll. Million dollar Baby got my vote - certain parts are quite difficult to watch. But I could see myself voting for Birdman, Argo, The King´s Speech and No Country for Old Men too...all great!