May a moody baby doom a yam?

Slime

A man, a plan, a caddy, Ore, Lee, tsuba, Thaine, a lair, Hell, a burial, Aeniah, Tabu, Steele, Roydd, a canal, Panama

QUOTE (NISH2112 @ Mar 26 2008, 01:42 PM)
wtf.gif  Am I missing something?

First you need to know what a Palindrome is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome

Simply put a palindrome is a word or phrase that is spelled the same way backwards as it is frontwards.

Like:

LOL

or

BOOB

or

radar

or

Neil, a trap! Sid is part alien!

I'm sure at some point in Rush history the Professor must have suggested to Geddy that they do a song where the entire lyrics are a palindrome... at which point Geddy probably punched him right in the nuts.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 26 2008, 07:58 PM)
QUOTE (NISH2112 @ Mar 26 2008, 01:42 PM)
wtf.gif  Am I missing something?

First you need to know what a Palindrome is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindrome

Simply put a palindrome is a word or phrase that is spelled the same way backwards as it is frontwards.

Like:

LOL

or

BOOB

or

radar

or

Neil, a trap! Sid is part alien!

I'm sure at some point in Rush history the Professor must have suggested to Geddy that they do a song where the entire lyrics are a palindrome... at which point Geddy probably punched him right in the nuts.

smile.gif

Yeah, the World Record is the one I posted above

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 26 2008, 03:01 PM)

I'm not so convinced of that smarty-pants. According to Wikipedia:

"A palindrome of over 5000 words entitled A Gassy Obese Boy's Saga, composed by Will Thomas,[13] forms a narrative that makes some, albeit rambling, sense.

In 1991, Gordon Dow composed a 306 word palindrome entitled Dog Sees Ada.[14]

The poet Graywyvern wrote a 427-line palindromic poem, The Angel of Death, in 2005.[15]

Two "palindromic novels" appeared, in limited editions, during the 1980s: Dr Awkward & Olson in Oslo by Lawrence Levine[16] and Satire: Veritas by David Stephens.[17]

Demetri Martin, a stand-up comedian, wrote a poem titled "Dammit I'm Mad", which is a 223 word palindrome. The poem does not use any made-up words and is grammatically correct."

laugh.gif

I want to read that poem The Angel of Death. Oh also Weird Al has a song entirely palindromic apparently.

Egad, no bondage.

Tulsa night life: filth, gin, a slut.

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 26 2008, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 26 2008, 03:01 PM)

I'm not so convinced of that smarty-pants. According to Wikipedia:

"A palindrome of over 5000 words entitled A Gassy Obese Boy's Saga, composed by Will Thomas,[13] forms a narrative that makes some, albeit rambling, sense.

In 1991, Gordon Dow composed a 306 word palindrome entitled Dog Sees Ada.[14]

The poet Graywyvern wrote a 427-line palindromic poem, The Angel of Death, in 2005.[15]

Two "palindromic novels" appeared, in limited editions, during the 1980s: Dr Awkward & Olson in Oslo by Lawrence Levine[16] and Satire: Veritas by David Stephens.[17]

Demetri Martin, a stand-up comedian, wrote a poem titled "Dammit I'm Mad", which is a 223 word palindrome. The poem does not use any made-up words and is grammatically correct."

laugh.gif

I want to read that poem The Angel of Death. Oh also Weird Al has a song entirely palindromic apparently.

unsure.gif I'm sure it said it was doh.gif

at least I admitted it wasn't my work laugh.gif

Archived