2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Slask 1 Wisla 0 :| Our new manager has been introduced to Krakow's biggest weakness, inability to score goals away from home. A 15-2 advantage in corner kicks and much better of the play throughout the game produced absolutely nothing. We'll be 9th or 10th, depending on Monday's match between Zaglebie and Arka.

Bwah ha ha Harry Kane puts a treble on Fulham and knocks out a goal cam with the hat trick goal.

Blackburn-Man Utd kicking off now.

Cheers to Kate Abdo with the pre, half, and post commentary.

I'm off work tomorrow, might hit a watering hole for Sutton-Arsenal.

Cracovia 1 Pogon 1 :( The only major event of the first half was a head-on collision between Colivo and Fojut, which resulted in both players leaving the game early. The restart was promising, when two accurate headers from the Krakow men left Piatek all alone in front of the goalkeeper. The lead only lasted six minutes, and the struggling Cracovia had to settle for a draw.

I need a cold shower after the Manchester-Monaco match. I thought I'd be watching a hockey game later on tonight, but I think I already saw one just now. Lots of mistakes from the Spanish refs, still a great show. Too bad Glik won't be able to play in the 2nd leg...

I need a cold shower after the Manchester-Monaco match. I thought I'd be watching a hockey game later on tonight, but I think I already saw one just now. Lots of mistakes from the Spanish refs, still a great show. Too bad Glik won't be able to play in the 2nd leg...

I feel like I need a shower too, and I didn't even watch it, I just watched another guy who was watching it on sky sports news!

I feel like I need a shower too, and I didn't even watch it, I just watched another guy who was watching it on sky sports news!

The hockey game ended up 5-3 as well. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Despite the great attacking players involved, defenders of both Man City and Monaco would have a bright future washing dishes.... Edited by geezer
  • Like 1

Claudio Ranieri has been sacked by Leicester. I know they're struggling in the league this season, but they're still in the Champions League as a result of what Ranieri achieved with them last season, you know, winning the league in what might have been the greatest sporting miracle ever.
  • Like 2

Legia knocked out of Europe by Ajax, but it wasn't pretty. :fuckinputer: Gent survives at Wembley, with a little help from Dele. I can't stop thinking about Jimmy Connors, when looking at Tottenham uniforms. ;)

Legia knocked out of Europe by Ajax, but it wasn't pretty. :fuckinputer: Gent survives at Wembley, with a little help from Dele. I can't stop thinking about Jimmy Connors, when looking at Tottenham uniforms. ;)

Please don't !!!

Signed: an Italian who still loves Jimbo and has Arsenal as his favourite English team

P.S.: what's the connection anyway?

Edited by geezer
  • Like 1

Please don't !!!

Signed: an Italian who still loves Jimbo and has Arsenal as his favourite English team

P.S.: what's the connection anyway?

I seem to remember Connors playing with these dark patches on the shoulders of his shirt back in the 70s or 80s, similar to what Tottenham players were sporting on Thursday. Maybe it was a one time thing, I don't watch Spurs, but they looked like they were ready to take on Bjorn Borg yesterday.

Hull 1-1 Burnley

Missed the chance to move out of the relegation zone. To be fair I was impressed by Burnley, they managed to replicate their home form against us today.

Grosicki report - He improved as the game went on, started taking his man on more and nearly scored a peachy whipped effort in the second half.

• Like 1

Lechia 4 Cracovia 2 :( It started well enough, Cracovia dominated the first 15 minutes, culminated by Piatek's strike right in the upper corner of the net. After that, things went downhill for the most part. Piatek again made it close with 20 minutes left, but that's all the boys could muster today. :|

Wisla 3 Jagiellonia 1 :martini: Why can't they do that on the road? Brozek around the goalkeeper and in, Malecki with another fantastic strike. Incredible talent, but he could never keep his nerves in check. Boguski finished the job, chipping the ball over the GK. Last minute goal for Bialystok didn't change anything. 7th place guaranteed at least until next weekend.

Not since the 1982/83 season has a newly promoted side done the double over the champions. I have a sneaky suspicion we'll change that tomorrow. I know Leicester did Liverpool on the counter attack on Monday, but so did we a few weeks back. We won't play anything like Liverpool, who played a high line and played to Vardy's strengths, we'll sit back and deny him the space to work with, and that will be an entirely different proposition for Leicester.

Cracovia 1 Arka 1 :eyeroll: A goal late in the first half gave the visitors the lead. Deleu saved the day in the second frame with a great cross right to the head of Mihalik. The draw, however, doesn't help Cracovia's cause, as it tries to stay out of the relegation zone...

Not since the 1982/83 season has a newly promoted side done the double over the champions. I have a sneaky suspicion we'll change that tomorrow. I know Leicester did Liverpool on the counter attack on Monday, but so did we a few weeks back. We won't play anything like Liverpool, who played a high line and played to Vardy's strengths, we'll sit back and deny him the space to work with, and that will be an entirely different proposition for Leicester.

Hmmm, we didn't really learn from Liverpool's mistakes. 3-1 defeat, next game becomes a must win. One positive, Grosicki was good, setting up the opening goal.

• Like 1

Piast 1 Wisla 2 :) The quality was the same as in recent away games, but this time the boys scored some goals. Ondrasek found himself in front of the goalkeeper and went five-hole on him. And what did he do right after? Ran to Brozek, the player he subbed. No selfishness on this team. Unfortunately, Wisla sat back, trying to win the game 1-0. They even pulled Malecki off, which seemed like a stupid move, because he's been scoring some late goals for Krakow. A few seconds later, the match was levelled. And of course, from that point on, Wisla pushed forward again, after all they were playing the 15th place side. Brlek finally managed to stuff it home in stoppage time. We're tied for 6th in the standings for now.

Hmmm, we didn't really learn from Liverpool's mistakes. 3-1 defeat, next game becomes a must win. One positive, Grosicki was good, setting up the opening goal.

Not a bad pass. I told you he can go down that left side. Hope there's more to come. :madra:
  • Like 1

It is very sad but Leicester seem to be playing better now since they sacked Claudio.

Don't know what the hell was going on there, but he was a good and honourable man like Sir Bobby and Rafa.

His legacy and achievement will never be forgotten.

Serie A versus the Premiership??? Well in Serie A they seem to plod around for most of the game then burst into life with incredible speed and skill for about 5 minutes at a time about 3 or 4 times in the game. The Premier League is full on for 90 minutes, requires a higher level of strength and fitness, not necessarily more skilful than the Italian game. As much as I hate the Germans, the Bundesleague (SIC) is probably the best of both worlds. They have just the right amount of technical skill but with tutonic organisation and use all of the effort in the right way. Sort of like the English game done better. I know I sound like a traitor saying that but it is true. and the best thing about German clubs is that they are primarily owned by the fan base, like Barca. Too many profiteers in the English game that treat the fans like shit

• Like 1

Not a bad pass. I told you he can go down that left side. Hope there's more to come. :madra:

We'll need him to keep producing because it's looking bleak! But it doesn't matter how well he plays, if we keep conceding then we won't stand a chance by the end of it.