2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Hull 3 Bournemouth 1 :) Congrats to Brucey! :cheers: Boruc is not the same goalkeeper he used to be. :|

I applauded our hot boss before he went back down the tunnel, and he applauded me back! :wub:

We were really good today. I'm confident that this guy who's been dubbed the "mini Mourinho" can keep us up.

Every time I've seen Boruc in the last couple of years or so he's not quite looked right to me. Slightly iffy decision making and not great reflexes.

• Like 1

Surprised Brucey's not posting anything about Ryan Mason. Let's pray he'll be OK.

A few newspapers started saying that he was fighting for his life on Sunday evening, it seems that it's not quite that serious which is good to know. I don't know if he'll ever get to play football again, but that's a secondary concern, right now it's all about recovery.

• Like 1

I think the whole thing is going to come close to totally imploding quite soon.

The league in China are already talking about wages of around £1 million a week for the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Bale.

This can not keep going on forever it is unsustainable.

There will come a point where the tickets and replica shirts and merchandise just get out of the reach of the working people and all football will be able to do is be just a pathetic corporate circus.

About time that we got back to grass roots, bring up young lads through academies for the love of the game not the lure of ritches

We have the obscene situation now where a high percentage of young girl's lives are not to go to University or qualify as a nurse or a doctor. Their only ambition is to bag a footballer.

Let us be quite clear here, most of these young lads are of low intelligence and if they could not kick a ball then they would probably be wearing shell suits and selling drugs on the street corner.

It is a terrible situation we find ourselves in now. I have nothing against young lads making good but when my Father was 17 he received an offer from Hull City to play on professional terms in 1960, he was better than most of the wingers around today.

The wage was £10 a week about £160 a week in todays money.

Thanks so much Jimmy Hill, if you realised the monster you have created you would not have bothered

Steve

We technically beat Man Utd this evening, but they held a 2-0 lead from the first leg and we could "only" win 2-1, so they are through to the final.

I saw the game. You made it interesting for about 65 minutes. Hull didn't look out of place against one of the better teams in the league. Bodes well for the future. Btw, I didn't know Kuciak is one of your goalkeepers. I guess you got him from Legia.
  • Like 1

We technically beat Man Utd this evening, but they held a 2-0 lead from the first leg and we could "only" win 2-1, so they are through to the final.

I saw the game. You made it interesting for about 65 minutes. Hull didn't look out of place against one of the better teams in the league. Bodes well for the future. Btw, I didn't know Kuciak is one of your goalkeepers. I guess you got him from Legia.

Sometimes I forget we have Kuciak! I think he's played for us once and that's it.

• Like 1

Sometimes I forget we have Kuciak! I think he's played for us once and that's it.

Typical. At Legia he would start every game. Now he's making more money but he's sitting on the bench. :eyeroll:

I think the whole thing is going to come close to totally imploding quite soon.

The league in China are already talking about wages of around £1 million a week for the likes of Messi, Ronaldo and Bale.

This can not keep going on forever it is unsustainable.

There will come a point where the tickets and replica shirts and merchandise just get out of the reach of the working people and all football will be able to do is be just a pathetic corporate circus.

About time that we got back to grass roots, bring up young lads through academies for the love of the game not the lure of ritches

We have the obscene situation now where a high percentage of young girl's lives are not to go to University or qualify as a nurse or a doctor. Their only ambition is to bag a footballer.

Let us be quite clear here, most of these young lads are of low intelligence and if they could not kick a ball then they would probably be wearing shell suits and selling drugs on the street corner.

It is a terrible situation we find ourselves in now. I have nothing against young lads making good but when my Father was 17 he received an offer from Hull City to play on professional terms in 1960, he was better than most of the wingers around today.

The wage was £10 a week about £160 a week in todays money.

Thanks so much Jimmy Hill, if you realised the monster you have created you would not have bothered

Steve

Lewandowski said no to China. That's a start. :)

Kamil Grosicki to Hull. :) You're going to like this guy, Brucey. He can really fly. When he gets the ball on that left flank, there aren't many players in the world who can catch up with him. He can also center the ball into the box with accuracy. I'd hate to think where the Polish national team would be without him.
  • Like 1

Kamil Grosicki to Hull. :) You're going to like this guy, Brucey. He can really fly. When he gets the ball on that left flank, there aren't many players in the world who can catch up with him. He can also center the ball into the box with accuracy. I'd hate to think where the Polish national team would be without him.

He seems to be the signing that the online experts are raving about the most, I don't know much about them, but I'll trust Marco Silva's judgement. From what you've described, he seems to be exactly what Silva has been looking for, a quick winger. We've lacked proper wingers for years.

• Like 1

He seems to be the signing that the online experts are raving about the most, I don't know much about them, but I'll trust Marco Silva's judgement. From what you've described, he seems to be exactly what Silva has been looking for, a quick winger. We've lacked proper wingers for years.

Poles are already lamenting he'll be coming in for the 30 minutes. From what you say about your needs, and the 9million euro price tag, I don't expect that to be the case. Too much quality in this lad. I wonder if Hull can fit him in for tonight's game against Man U.

Man U 0 Hull 0 Grosicki is already helping the team, if only in spirit. ;) Jakupovic was on fire tonight. What do you think, Brucey? Tymon sits and Grosicki comes in against Liverpool?
  • Like 1