2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Holland is in a bit of a pickle after losing in Bulgaria. You'd think Robben alone would be able to win some of these games. Both goals scored by Delev who plays in Poland for Pogon. Maybe the Polish league isn't as terrible as advertised. Poland vs Montenegro tomorrow. We're supposed to be hungry for another win, according to our manager. It would been a major step towards Russia...

Can you give me an update on how Grosicki plays, assuming he does?

He's going to start for sure. I'm afraid I won't watch the game, have to work. But I will let you know what experts thought of his performance later that day. I love your Mr. Bean picture. :cheers: I'm a big fan of British comedy.

Thanks. I'm just interested to know if his performance differs at all to his performances here, where he's looked overly eager to impress if anything and isn't getting the simple things right. And I like Mr Bean too, but apparently he and I share similarities....not sure that's a good thing!

• Like 1

Holland is in a bit of a pickle after losing in Bulgaria. You'd think Robben alone would be able to win some of these games. Both goals scored by Delev who plays in Poland for Pogon. Maybe the Polish league isn't as terrible as advertised. Poland vs Montenegro tomorrow. We're supposed to be hungry for another win, according to our manager. It would been a major step towards Russia...

He's going to start for sure. I'm afraid I won't watch the game, have to work. But I will let you know what experts thought of his performance later that day. I love your Mr. Bean picture. :cheers: I'm a big fan of British comedy.

Thanks. I'm just interested to know if his performance differs at all to his performances here, where he's looked overly eager to impress if anything and isn't getting the simple things right. And I like Mr Bean too, but apparently he and I share similarities....not sure that's a good thing!

That's the knock on Polish players as a whole. The opinion of people following football there is that PL is too fast for them, decisions on what to do with the ball have to be made quicker than in other leagues. That's why you basically see only our goalkeepers playing in England. I thought if anyone can crack it, it would be Grosicki. And I see you have the same Teddy as Rowan. That's a good thing. :fistbump: Edited by blackhawkrush

That's the knock on Polish players as a whole. The opinion of people following football there is that PL is too fast for them, decisions on what to do with the ball have to be made quicker than in other leagues. That's why you basically see only our goalkeepers playing in England. I thought if anyone can crack it, it would be Grosicki. And I see you have the same Teddy as Rowan. That's a good thing. :fistbump:

He might yet crack it. But time's starting to run out, we need performances now! No pressure, Kamil. He definitely has something about him, that I can tell. I've seen worse wingers here.

• Like 1

That's the knock on Polish players as a whole. The opinion of people following football there is that PL is too fast for them, decisions on what to do with the ball have to be made quicker than in other leagues. That's why you basically see only our goalkeepers playing in England. I thought if anyone can crack it, it would be Grosicki. And I see you have the same Teddy as Rowan. That's a good thing. :fistbump:

He might yet crack it. But time's starting to run out, we need performances now! No pressure, Kamil. He definitely has something about him, that I can tell. I've seen worse wingers here.

He is the cream of the crop, and a vital member of the national team. Maybe he needs more time. With that said, the pitch in England looks a lot smaller, when I'm watching games taking place in your great nation.
  • Like 1

Montenegro 1 Poland 2 :) Lewandowski with a beautiful free kick in the 40th minute starts the scoring. Easy header for the home team ties the game midway through the second half. Piszczek saves the day in the 82nd minute with a precise lob over the goalkeeper. Grosicki didn't feature in the goals, but he made a few good centering passes he's known for. Poland leads the table by a mile. :cool:
  • Like 1

Wisla 0 Lech 0 :unsure: Plenty of chances to score from both sides. The draw should keep us in 6th place. Huge game next weekend at Termalica. We'll be looking to take over 5th spot. :madra:

Wisla P 4 Cracovia 1 :ph34r: I fell asleep when it became 3-1. A hospital exists in the Krakow team with five players unable to dress. Even in the Polish league, you have no chance of surviving that. I'm sure all Cracovia fans will be more interested in seeing how their hockey team fairs tomorrow in the seventh and deciding game for the national championship. :madra:

Two assists from Grosicki :cheers: as Iron Maiden's team goes down to defeat.

Yep he came off the bench and gave us something huuuuugely lacking in the first half, which was pace. Nearly scored too.

• Like 1

Celtic bitch slapped Hearts today to win their league as comfortably as I've ever seen anyone win a league. Still unbeaten, not the most competitive league ever maybe but that's still pretty impressive.

Hull 4-2 Middlesbrough

Out of the relegation zone for the first time since October. I remember Grosicki getting another assist but I can't be bothered trying to describe the rest of that!

Marco Silva's home league form with us so far reads - WWDWWW

He didn't lose any home league games at Olympiacos and Sporting Lisbon, either.

• Like 2

Hull 4-2 Middlesbrough

Out of the relegation zone for the first time since October. I remember Grosicki getting another assist but I can't be bothered trying to describe the rest of that!

You have it in your own hands now my friend

The Tigers just have to out point the other 3 in the last 8 games

Keep the faith dude XXX

See you at St James next season, we can have a pint before the game

Take Care Brucie

Stevie

• Like 1

Hull 4-2 Middlesbrough

Yeah, great pass to Hernandez to make it 3-1. :cool:
  • Like 1

Cracovia 1 Slask 0 :dweez: Huge win for the men in stripes. And it came early, when the defender Polczak was able to beat the ex-Wisla goalkeeper in the 10th minute. It catapults the team into 13th place for now...

Termalica 2 Wisla 3 :smoke: Ricochets off of defensemen gave us the first two goals. And just when I started to be satisfied with an away draw, Zachara hits a crazy header in stoppage time for a game winner. We're all alone in 5th place and possibly looking for more later on in the season.

Just discovered that Grosicki already has the most league assists in our squad this season, with just 4. It's testament to how well he's started, but it's also testament to how much ass we sucked up until January!
  • Like 1