Listen to the album posted below you

Union 5-3992

If any of the rules feel too complex, we can change them. It doesn't whatever I came up with

Could you add a rule that we have to quote who we're recommending the album to like someone previously suggested? It'll probably save some confusion :)

I've finished Blizzard of Ozz. It was good although probably not something I'd exactly choose to listen to. I enjoyed Revelation especially though :) .

Sorry I don't know who to quote or respond to.

Me, I made the last rec.

I meant who made the recommendation for me :) .

But I'll recommend Blue God by The Mighty Bard to you :)

That turned out to be a great record, a real nice mix of progressive elements and soulful bluesy solos. Felt really a lot like Gilmour in some spots but with prog wankery keys behind it (not that that's a bad thing)

Also LittleRushmonkey, I choose Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech

I'll get right on it :) . Sky Blue and Dark Matters are the only Devin Townsend albums I've got so it'll be good to check some more out :D

I've finished Blizzard of Ozz. It was good although probably not something I'd exactly choose to listen to. I enjoyed Revelation especially though :) .

Sorry I don't know who to quote or respond to.

Me, I made the last rec.

I meant who made the recommendation for me :) .

But I'll recommend Blue God by The Mighty Bard to you :)

That turned out to be a great record, a real nice mix of progressive elements and soulful bluesy solos. Felt really a lot like Gilmour in some spots but with prog wankery keys behind it (not that that's a bad thing)

Also LittleRushmonkey, I choose Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine: Biomech

I'll get right on it :) . Sky Blue and Dark Matters are the only Devin Townsend albums I've got so it'll be good to check some more out :D

I really liked it. It definitely had that Devin Townsend sound that I don't know how to describe :) .

Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 1

I listened to midnight oil -10-1 today as was my assignment.

This is a band i realky liked back in the day. This album contains 2 of my favorite tracks by them, read about it and power and the passion. Was a fun listen this morning and it had been awhile for sure.

I already picked previously so will hold off fir now as dont think anyone got mine. It was novembre - ursa

• Like 1

Listened to MC 900 feat Jesus earlier. It was pretty cool. Very very nineties, but also very eclectic. Love the Jazz influences and the masterful playing all around. Sounds like a group of studio musicians I'm guessing. Minor complaint it runs maybe a little long and I was already tired so I kind of fell asleep toward the end, but I did enjoy sleeping to it as well. The opening track was a large standout, as was If I Only Had A Brain. The lyrics are thankfully clean and understandable, but also on very strange topics and spoken/rapped very, uniquely. I did enjoy it though. Ty DD! :)

Now for djflex:

Muse - Origin Of Symmetry

Listened to MC 900 feat Jesus earlier. It was pretty cool. Very very nineties, but also very eclectic. Love the Jazz influences and the masterful playing all around. Sounds like a group of studio musicians I'm guessing. Minor complaint it runs maybe a little long and I was already tired so I kind of fell asleep toward the end, but I did enjoy sleeping to it as well. The opening track was a large standout, as was If I Only Had A Brain. The lyrics are thankfully clean and understandable, but also on very strange topics and spoken/rapped very, uniquely. I did enjoy it though. Ty DD! :)

Now for djflex:

Muse - Origin Of Symmetry

Brain was a moderate hit and the video was played on MTV.

• Like 1

If any of the rules feel too complex, we can change them. It doesn't whatever I came up with

Could you add a rule that we have to quote who we're recommending the album to like someone previously suggested? It'll probably save some confusion :)

I used a quote plus a PM, as things were getting confusing.
  • Like 3

Gamma Ray-No World Order

Anyone going to listen?

You posted below digital dad, so he's the one who has to listen to it.

Okay. Sending PM now.

Goose already reported on it, in post 91

?

Sorry post #90

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99281-listen-to-the-album-posted-below-you/page__st__80#entry4013211

Admit I was confused and accepted a different assignment.

<p>

I think your the last person to recommend so I'll give you Otta by Solstafir :)

Sólstafir - Ótta (2014) - Full Album:

I'm listening while reading this review ( http://www.sputnikmu...Solstafir-Otta/ ) , so as to have a better sense of what you've presented.The opening track (Lágnætti [Midnight]) is entrancing. A great mood to it all, and I love the galloping rhythm that then transitions into a march. It doesn't matter that the lyrics are in Icelandic, the music is so compelling that knowing the title of the song is enough to get the gist. With Ótta (Dawn), the music perfectly conjures an image of the first rays of light piercing a night sky, then building to create a glowing horizon. Banjo? Brilliant! :notworthy: Rismál (Dayrise) opens a capella, and a heavier sound follows then retreats. There's a great ambling and restrained melody to this track. It reminds me of a darker Magna Carta Cartel. Dagmál (Morning) continues in that vein. With Miðdegi (Midday), things seem to be picking. The musical theme continues, but with this track, we're rocking. Very interesting guitar layering here, and a haunting melody closes it out (achieved with keys or guitar?). Nón (midafternoon) is a straight ahead rocker. For this one I'd like to have the lyrics. The outro keys are killer. Miðaftann (afternoon) is a return to the more atmospheric music of the opening tracks, which is more to my liking. Great harmonies in the vocals. The review that I embedded earlier remarks about how quickly time passes when listening to this music, and that's completely true. Náttmál (Evening) again reminds me of the guitar work of Magna Carta Cartel, similarly melodic, but much heavier. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

For Digital Dad:

Captain Beyond - Captain Beyond

(I do believe it's self-titled, if it's not though then it's whatever their very first album is)

Interesting, I could see it sinking in more on repeated listening. It reminds me of so much music from this time period that straddles the thin line between heavy rock, prog and psych. Reminds me of Atomic Rooster in some spots, Baker Gurwitz Army and Wishbone Ash.

• Like 2

novembre - ursa

This was a good album, I feel bad now for putting it off for so long. It definitely deserves another listen for a good opinion but from my first impression, I liked it a lot.

Animals as Leaders - The Joy of Motion

And since you made the last rec, I give you one you may already know.

Intronaut - The Direction of Last Things

• Like 1

I'm listening now :) I've only heard Fast Worms before but that was a while ago...

Edited by LittleRushmonkey

I'm listening now :) I've only heard Fast Worms before but that was a while ago...

This album has been good but a couple things this time spoiled it (not to do with the music). First I managed to listen to the first two songs on YouTube but then the next ones were "unavailable". So I switched to Spotify which has annoying ads every other song. And then my internet on my computer suddenly cut out before the last song. When I got it back again I listened to the last song but Spotify then took me to the next album so I got half way through that before I realised it was a different album.

Despite that I did enjoy it (and the album Spotify gave me as well...) :) :LOL:

• Like 1

For Digital Dad:

(I do believe it's self-titled, if it's not though then it's whatever their very first album is)

Interesting, I could see it sinking in more on repeated listening. It reminds me of so much music from this time period that straddles the thin line between heavy rock, prog and psych. Reminds me of Atomic Rooster in some spots, Baker Gurwitz Army and Wishbone Ash.

I listened and dug it. The recommendation then set me off to listen to albums by Weed, Coven, Gun... I dig this thread for that reason.

In a similar vein, anyone want to take this on...?

For Digital Dad:

I listened and dug it. The recommendation then set me off to listen to albums by Weed, Coven, Gun... I dig this thread for that reason.

In a similar vein, anyone want to take this on...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErN5k_EMnLg

I made the last rec so I'll give this a listen tomorrow man. I heard some Atomic Rooster a few years ago and liked it so I'm looking forward to it!

Listened to The Joy Of Motion by Animals As Leaders. Well, my first response is my mind probably would've been blown if I'd not yet been introduced to Dream Theatre (don't have much other experience with that sounscape, guitar tone, heaviness, etc.). While I did enjoy it, and while the artist is obviously extremely talented, I wasn't a big fan of the seeming strategy of blowing away and dizzying listeners with heaviness, difficult rhythms, complex passages, technical profficiency, and a lack of memorable hooks. It was just kind of a long relentless blaze of heavy techno metal stuff (forgive me for not knowing the precise sub-genre). It would make great video game backing music, but I wouldn't compare anything I just heard to the likes of YYZ or La Villa. Cool experience though, ty for the rec!

Now for goose: Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Getaway

• Like 1

Listened to The Joy Of Motion by Animals As Leaders. Well, my first response is my mind probably would've been blown if I'd not yet been introduced to Dream Theatre (don't have much other experience with that sounscape, guitar tone, heaviness, etc.). While I did enjoy it, and while the artist is obviously extremely talented, I wasn't a big fan of the seeming strategy of blowing away and dizzying listeners with heaviness, difficult rhythms, complex passages, technical profficiency, and a lack of memorable hooks. It was just kind of a long relentless blaze of heavy techno metal stuff (forgive me for not knowing the precise sub-genre). It would make great video game backing music, but I wouldn't compare anything I just heard to the likes of YYZ or La Villa. Cool experience though, ty for the rec!

Yeah, it's definitely not as good as La Villa or YYZ. Although they do manage all that without a bassist which is kinda amazing.

• Like 1