426 replies to this topic

#21 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostMeanMeanPride, on 17 July 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Looking forward to tonight's scope! The Calgary show was my first scope, and I had so much fun its ridiculous. Also...this is one of my first posts on the forums, so I'm super new!

Also, I'll do my best to Periscope the Vegas show next week! Probably will only be able to do a few tunes though because of battery life. First or second half?

I'm sure most here would prefer the second half - especially Xanadu.  Just don't pass out in the middle of it.  And, whatever you do, please don't take us with you to the men's room.

Sponsored Post

#22 MeanMeanPride

MeanMeanPride

The Seeker

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Rush, of course!

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

View PostLorraine, on 17 July 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Looking forward to tonight's scope! The Calgary show was my first scope, and I had so much fun its ridiculous. Also...this is one of my first posts on the forums, so I'm super new!

Also, I'll do my best to Periscope the Vegas show next week! Probably will only be able to do a few tunes though because of battery life. First or second half?

I'm sure most here would prefer the second half - especially Xanadu.  Just don't pass out in the middle of it.  And, whatever you do, please don't take us with you to the men's room.

I was thinking Xanadu as well. As far as the men's room goes, don't worry - bathroom runs will not be scoped! (something about that doesn't read quite right, does it?) :)

#23 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21059 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

Though for us on the east coast, this one starts at 10:30-11:00 PM

#24 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

Welcome to the forum, MeanMeanPride.
:cheers:

#25 puffyshirt

puffyshirt

The Seeker

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostPoké Floats, on 16 July 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 16 July 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 16 July 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Ticket prices are actually going down a bit because of it. If you think you can drive up tomorrow, jump on some nosebleeds!
http://ticketzoom.co...sh-tickets.aspx

Slashing prices for Vacouver!

Wow. Those prices make me pretty pissed about spending $310 on my pair of lower bowl the moment they came out.

To be fair, there are some hefty fees on this site, and it's all in US dollars. The conversion of everything would be brutal.

#26 puffyshirt

puffyshirt

The Seeker

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

This is a link to a VancityBuzz article that has a lot of fun facts about the band, and their time in Vancouver.

BE WARNED, at the bottom of the article is a pic of what looks to be the setlist. At least I hope it is, because it's literally the perfect one for what I would have wanted tonight.

#27 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

I wonder if Vancouver is closer to Spokane than Seattle?  Whichever one is closer, this is probably the closest I will ever get to Rush in my life.

#28 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21059 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

View Postpuffyshirt, on 17 July 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

This is a link to a VancityBuzz article that has a lot of fun facts about the band, and their time in Vancouver.

BE WARNED, at the bottom of the article is a pic of what looks to be the setlist. At least I hope it is, because it's literally the perfect one for what I would have wanted tonight.
I'll be very surprised if that setlist is accurate.

#29 puffyshirt

puffyshirt

The Seeker

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 17 July 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I'll be very surprised if that setlist is accurate.

Me too. Incredibly, pleasantly surprised.

Doors are at 7, show at 8, correct?

Does anyone in Van know the general area of this building that Will Call is located?

Edited by puffyshirt, 17 July 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#30 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3951 posts
  • Interests:Acting, music, gaming, model making, military history.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

Fun article.  Thanks!

#31 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

For all of you Vancouver-ites, what is this cigarette butt penalty and dogs on patio petition all about?

$43 for a balcony seat is cheap.

#32 librarian

librarian

Aquarian Librarian

• Members
  • 5714 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

Hey Vancouver!  Have a good time everybody! :hi:

#33 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostLorraine, on 17 July 2015 - 02:27 PM, said:

I wonder if Vancouver is closer to Spokane than Seattle?  Whichever one is closer, this is probably the closest I will ever get to Rush in my life.

Vancouver is about 125 miles north of Seattle, so Seattle is closer to you.

#34 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Interesting, the "subject to change" note at the bottom of the setlist.  Depends on if someone answers our ad for "violinist on short notice"?  :P

#35 Citizen of the World

Citizen of the World

The Majestik Moose

• Members
  • 4099 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

There have been rumors about a certain song being played as Ben Mink lives in Vancouver.

The cigarette butt penalty is stemming from the dry conditions here in Vancouver. We have had above average temperatures and very little rain since April. All the grass (not that grass) has turned brown and there is a huge fire hazard. last week there were 12 grass fires in one day alongside the road in a community south of the city. All caused by people throwing their butts out of car windows.

As for dogs, Vancouverites generally love dogs. Many stores allow people to bring their dogs into the stores. Even more stores put water bowls outside their doors for dogs. Some restaurants do allow dogs, regardless of size, on their patios. I didn't read the petition so I'm not sure what it is about, but it may be to allow dogs on all patios.

Will call is at Gate 10.

I agree with the previous comments about about concerts here. Seattle is a much better place to go and see a show for atmosphere.

#36 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostCitizen of the World, on 17 July 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

There have been rumors about a certain song being played as Ben Mink lives in Vancouver.

The cigarette butt penalty is stemming from the dry conditions here in Vancouver. We have had above average temperatures and very little rain since April. All the grass (not that grass) has turned brown and there is a huge fire hazard. last week there were 12 grass fires in one day alongside the road in a community south of the city. All caused by people throwing their butts out of car windows.

As for dogs, Vancouverites generally love dogs. Many stores allow people to bring their dogs into the stores. Even more stores put water bowls outside their doors for dogs. Some restaurants do allow dogs, regardless of size, on their patios. I didn't read the petition so I'm not sure what it is about, but it may be to allow dogs on all patios.

Will call is at Gate 10.

I agree with the previous comments about about concerts here. Seattle is a much better place to go and see a show for atmosphere.

We have had the same weather here in Spokane which is why I held my breath and hoped for the best on July 4th.  No rain for weeks and weeks.   Everything bone dry.  In short - major fire hazard compounded by the vacant home around the corner from us whose overgrown backyard is adjacent to ours.  Even though fireworks are against the law, that doesn't stop anyone since they know nothing is done to enforce the law.  Like everything else, they (the powers that be) will wait until something awful happens before they do that.

Edited by Lorraine, 17 July 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#37 MeanMeanPride

MeanMeanPride

The Seeker

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Rush, of course!

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 17 July 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Welcome to the forum, MeanMeanPride.
:cheers:

Thank you! It's a lot of fun to see other people are fanatical as myself (and more so).

As far as the chances of a certain song being played tonight, I can't wait to hopefully see it. I would love it if they would play it in Vegas, but I doubt it. It seems to be a rare occurance saved for the extra major cities. Still, I would flip out.

#38 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

The One Direction concert is pretty much next door to tonight's Rush concert.  In order to find the correct venue I guess I'll just avoid the teenaged girls and instead follow the middle-aged men :D

#39 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

This is a late show for those on the east coast to watch too.

Whoever shows up for this periscope thread, hope everyone has a good time!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#40 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21763 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostLorraine, on 17 July 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

This is a late show for those on the east coast to watch too.

Whoever shows up for this periscope thread, hope everyone has a good time!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'll probably watch at least some of it if there's a good feed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users