The BBQ thread!

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 BowlCity

BowlCity

Cutler's Like a Knife (but it feels so right)

• Members *
  • 10519 posts
  • Interests:Video games, computer programming, guitar, Da Bears and Cubs

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

Made this today. Slow cooked about 2 and a half pounds of pork shoulder. I laid it over a bed of chopped vidalia onion and cooked it for about 8 hours.

Bigass pork shoulder
1 chopped onion
2 cans of Cherry Dr. Pepper
Forget about it for the day

After cooking, shredded and mixed with Devil's Spit BBQ sauce. Awesome balance of sweet/spicy with the Dr. Pepper in the pork and the Devil's Spit. Definitely making this again.

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#102 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:27 PM

View PostBowlCity, on 18 June 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

Made this today. Slow cooked about 2 and a half pounds of pork shoulder. I laid it over a bed of chopped vidalia onion and cooked it for about 8 hours.

Bigass pork shoulder
1 chopped onion

After cooking, shredded and mixed with Devil's Spit BBQ sauce. Awesome balance of sweet/spicy with the Dr. Pepper in the pork and the Devil's Spit. Definitely making this again.

Posted Image

Nice!! :hail:

#103 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 20096 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Bigass pork shoulder
1 chopped onion

Posted Image
Man that looks tender!

#104 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32965 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 19 June 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

Bigass pork shoulder
1 chopped onion

Posted Image
Man that looks tender!
That'd be awesome between two slices of buttered garlic toast and approaching my mouth.

#105 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 June 2016 - 02:56 AM, said:

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 19 June 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

Bigass pork shoulder
1 chopped onion

Posted Image
Man that looks tender!
That'd be awesome between two slices of buttered garlic toast and approaching my mouth.

:hail:

#106 pjbear05

pjbear05

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2891 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

When my friend visited from MI at the start of June I mentioned road tripping to locate a place that advertised Texas style BBQ. He was game, and ran the place on his locator app. Turns out Smoke was less than a five minute drive from his beach hotel, and this place was the real Magilla, unlike the previous fakers and pretenders. Real deal brisket, killer jalapeño and cheddar hot links, my friend's pulled pork was great, corn bread, tater tots,  a counter wih sauces and sliced onions and pickle chips, and ice cold bottles of Shiner to wash it down.  I've been back twice since, and will be quite a few times more.  25 minute one way drive times and dollar an hour street parking ain't stopping me, not for 'cue as good as this.

#107 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:33 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 04 July 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

When my friend visited from MI at the start of June I mentioned road tripping to locate a place that advertised Texas style BBQ. He was game, and ran the place on his locator app. Turns out Smoke was less than a five minute drive from his beach hotel, and this place was the real Magilla, unlike the previous fakers and pretenders. Real deal brisket, killer jalapeño and cheddar hot links, my friend's pulled pork was great, corn bread, tater tots,  a counter wih sauces and sliced onions and pickle chips, and ice cold bottles of Shiner to wash it down.  I've been back twice since, and will be quite a few times more.  25 minute one way drive times and dollar an hour street parking ain't stopping me, not for 'cue as good as this.

Nice!! :hail:

#108 Zelix

Zelix

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Ze-lix-Q

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users