I was totally unaware that anyone had a problem with Countdown...

fraroc

I thought I would drag this Countdown thread back to life ... Today, I received my Japanese SIGNALS SHM CD ( which, btw, sounds fantastic ), and I'm loving Countdown ... I'm hearing a very inspired Geddy, esp on bass

Overall, my favorite song from SIGNALS

Anyone else have any thoughts on the Japanese SHM-CDs ? ... this was my first, and now I'm thinking I need to get more ... I'm pretty impressed

I don't have any of them...but you're making it sound very tempting to me.

• Like 1

I thought I would drag this Countdown thread back to life ... Today, I received my Japanese SIGNALS SHM CD ( which, btw, sounds fantastic ), and I'm loving Countdown ... I'm hearing a very inspired Geddy, esp on bass

Anyone else have any thoughts on the Japanese SHM-CDs ? ... this was my first, and now I'm thinking I need to get more ... I'm pretty impressed

I'm a geek that way - if there is a slight improvement in clarity or tightness somewhere, I'm all for it .. I listen a lot on my car, and all today I have been looking for an excuse to drive somewhere so I can hear these songs all over again ..

I'd definitely recommend them .... I also got BOSTON debut on Blu Spec CD, and that one is amazing

• Like 1

You may be unaware but there are more than a few who don't like it much including me. You'll see, if this thread goes anywhere...

Hey Narp! Nice jinx about this thread going somewhere! It's going and going and going and going and going!

Signed,

The Energizer Bunny

Always loved Countdown .People may complain about the dated keyboards but i think they are better than the rubbish solo Alex put at the end of Anologue Kid.And I am a guitarist.I am ready to duck to from flack.

Always loved Countdown .People may complain about the dated keyboards but i think they are better than the rubbish solo Alex put at the end of Anologue Kid.And I am a guitarist.I am ready to duck to from flack.

Frickin' awesome solo. I respectfully remove the "bbi" from "rubbish."

:rush:

• Like 1

Frickin' awesome solo. I respectfully remove the "bbi" from "rubbish."

:rush:

Ok,maybe I was a bit harsh in calling it rubbish but I just don't think it suits the song whereas the solo in Freewill(which has similarities)does.Just been picky and very clever about the 'bbi'

For many years I did not like this song and it got to the point I just gave up on it and did not listen to it.

Then one day I was posting something on TRF about not liking it and got going back and forth with Rushgoober who loved the song and suggested I give it another try. I did so and was pleasantly surprised. Guess it had aged well on me.

Cant say I love the song but I enjoy it and when I listen to Signals now the entire album gets listened to.

• Like 1

I have Hold your fire, Signals,Grace under pressure and Permanent Waves, they are by far the sounding versions, hands down!!!!!
  • Like 2

I have Hold your fire, Signals,Grace under pressure and Permanent Waves, they are by far the sounding versions, hands down!!!!!

Thanks for the tip. ;)

What is the difference?

Can you give any details? Thanks.