TRF March Madness 2015 Bracket Group!

The Analog Cub

I'm going to submit 10 brackets just to have some fun with names but I think we should all designate one as our official bracket for contest purposes. Otherwise someone could just submit one and pick the chalk, and if that one won, it would kind of take the joy out of it.

Or we could have two contests, one with all brackets and another one with just the "official" ones.

I think we should keep it to one contest. Less hassle and less stuff to keep track of. I have 2 brackets so far, might make some more later if I get bored and want to pick stupid ones to win it all like Iowa or something.

I agree about only having one official bracket per person. Make all the brackets you want, but no changing it up after you pick it and the games get going!

Good plan.

We have till Thursday? (apologies to Aimee Mann)

Yep

I'm going to submit 10 brackets just to have some fun with names but I think we should all designate one as our official bracket for contest purposes. Otherwise someone could just submit one and pick the chalk, and if that one won, it would kind of take the joy out of it.

Or we could have two contests, one with all brackets and another one with just the "official" ones.

I think we should keep it to one contest. Less hassle and less stuff to keep track of. I have 2 brackets so far, might make some more later if I get bored and want to pick stupid ones to win it all like Iowa or something.

I agree about only having one official bracket per person. Make all the brackets you want, but no changing it up after you pick it and the games get going!

Good plan.

Yep

Any time Thursday?

Good plan.

Yep

Any time Thursday?

I would assume so, as long as it's in before the first games start on Thursday. The sooner the better. I can't find any specific submission deadline on ESPN's website.

I'll do mine soon but still protesting against the NCAA- No Colorado State University to pick! Such a snub!! It'll be fun to see what happens with the teams that are actually in. . . .

You'll have to go with VCU, they're the Rams too...

Jump in the pool, the water's warm...

OK, I did put mine in! I did pick VCU, had to get some Rams in there and their coach is an alum of the college that 2 of our kids went to. . . . In 2011 they did make it to the Final Four in a bunch of upsets. . . .that was fun to watch! Bring on the March madness ! :) :) :)

Good plan.

Yep

Any time Thursday?

:LOL:

BowlCity -------------- Bowlcity

goose ----------------- goz407

tx_rush --------------- donderko

LiX -------------------- homerjay_239

LABT ----------------- hoosiersdolphinscubs2112

Principled Man ----- UNK2112

blueschica ----------- Blues c.

BowlCity ----------- Hilton Magic! ------------------- 0 pts

BowlCity ----------- 1 Quadrillion Kentuckians --- 0 pts

goose -------------- Goose 1 ------------------------ 0 pts

tx_rush ------------- tx_rush ------------------------- 0 pts

LiX ------------------ Run To You -------------------- 0 pts

LABT --------------- the is/ought fallacy ------------ 0 pts

Principled Man --- Prince Eeepulls ---------------- 0 pts

blueschica --------- Blues c. 1 ----------------------- 0 pts

Anyone else watching Hampton--Manhattan?

No...is it worth watching knowing either one is going to die in a fire next round?

Probably not.

• Like 1

Anyone else watching Hampton--Manhattan?

No...is it worth watching knowing either one is going to die in a fire next round?

Probably not.

Is it exciting in the least?

In the least, I suppose, is a good way to put it.

Hampton is a 1 in 972 million shot...

And we have the first upset of the tournament, 17 loss Hampton defeats Manhattan, 74-64.
  • Like 1

Ok, I just put up another one; Blues C. 1 is my official one and Deep Purple 1 is another member of my family who thought this looked so fun they asked if i could put their bracket up. Sorry, I know we were trying to keep it to one, just know that Blues c. is mine and due to Murphy's Law, Deep Purple1 will no doubt kick my ass. . . . (actually I think many of our picks are similar. . .)

And we have the first upset of the tournament, 17 loss Hampton defeats Manhattan, 74-64.

I have a soft spot for Hampton. I was in Boise watching when Hampton (15 seed) took over the city by defeating Iowa State (2 seed) in the first round. The Hampton cheerleaders (smokin' hot) and band performed at the hockey game the next night, which was awesome.

ISU more popular than the Hawkeyes? Kind of surprising to me...other surprises, Duke in NC, VCU over UVa, and Michigan over MSU...

caopqdaugaagx4t.jpg?w=640

Team emojis, courtesy of the Washington Post.

capture5.png?w=640&h=369

You left out a bunch, including http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-march-madness-emoji/img/mascots/easternWashingtonEagles.png?c=1.

The full list...http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-march-madness-emoji/?tid=sm_tw

Team emojis, courtesy of the Washington Post.

capture5.png?w=640&h=369

You left out a bunch, including http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-march-madness-emoji/img/mascots/easternWashingtonEagles.png?c=1.

The full list...http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/sports/ncaa-march-madness-emoji/?tid=sm_tw

I thought it was weird that the first few letters of the alphabet were not represented in the tournament.