#41 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 21 May 2015 - 09:33 PM, said:

View PostTemplesofLamneth, on 21 May 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Just joined up, I'll be there with a couple of friends whom I decided needed more quality music in their lives. If you guys are having a meetme up I'd love to join. This is my first Rush show and I can't seem to find people who love and appreciate their music as much as I do so lets do this!

I am planning a meetup.  I need to find out from the venue what time the lots open and then we can make things definite.  But, the last 3-4 meetups, we have met at the Giant grocery store parking lot which is about a mile from the venue.  We then CARAVAN together so we all end up parking next to each other.  In the past, we have had grills (hopefully SteelCaressed will come out of hiding and join us) and plenty of food and drinks.  I usually get a few helium balloons and tie to the car as a beacon in the parking lot for those who miss the Giant meetup.
     I remember you from the last meet up, I was driving a very orange corvette. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, last time was a blast.

Sponsored Post

#42 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostTWENTY_1_TWELVE, on 23 May 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Just joined up, I'll be there with a couple of friends whom I decided needed more quality music in their lives. If you guys are having a meetme up I'd love to join. This is my first Rush show and I can't seem to find people who love and appreciate their music as much as I do so lets do this!

I am planning a meetup.  I need to find out from the venue what time the lots open and then we can make things definite.  But, the last 3-4 meetups, we have met at the Giant grocery store parking lot which is about a mile from the venue.  We then CARAVAN together so we all end up parking next to each other.  In the past, we have had grills (hopefully SteelCaressed will come out of hiding and join us) and plenty of food and drinks.  I usually get a few helium balloons and tie to the car as a beacon in the parking lot for those who miss the Giant meetup.
I remember you from the last meet up, I was driving a very orange corvette. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, last time was a blast.

I remember you now that you mentioned the corvette.  1 week to go

#43 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

Just called the venue.  Their rep didn't know what time the parking lot will open up but she said they would know on Wednesday.  Whatever time that will be, I suggest we meet at the Giant 30 minutes prior to that.

#44 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 23 May 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

View PostTWENTY_1_TWELVE, on 23 May 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

I remember you now that you mentioned the corvette.  1 week to go
The excitement is building for me now the weekends here, I've been too busy to really think about it until now. I'm driving up Tuesday to do some work for my father in law, hope that makes the extra three days of waiting fly by. Originally I had planned on going to Tampa, Atlanta, Greensboro and finishing up with Bristow but with work so plentiful now I had to pick just one, and Bristow is by far my favorite venue out of the 4. Free accommodations also played a big contributing factor to the decision, according to my wife anyway.

#45 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:37 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 23 May 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Just called the venue.  Their rep didn't know what time the parking lot will open up but she said they would know on Wednesday.  Whatever time that will be, I suggest we meet at the Giant 30 minutes prior to that.

I'll be there, can't wait!

Can someone give the address of this grocery store or the name of the street its on? I'm coming up from the Hampton Roads area and google maps is telling me the closest Giant is in a lot closer to DC than the venue itself.

Edited by TemplesofLamneth, 24 May 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#46 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

https://www.google.c...6254544df5ff3ec

#47 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Gotta find out what time they hit the stage too… I know ticket says 7:30 but I highly doubt they go on at 7:45 in broad daylight would totally ruin the show. Apparently Austin the only other outdoor show so far started at 8:15 I believe.

#48 DigitalMan43

DigitalMan43

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

I'm flying in for this show and staying near where a friend lives in Rockville. I just typed the route into google maps and it estimates 1 hour and 19 minutes to go the 41 miles to get there. I've heard about the bad traffic there, so I'm kind of worried. We'll shoot to get there way early, but I'm hoping there aren't any accidents or traffic that would make us late to the show. Any advice? Look like there aren't really any route choices.

#49 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostDigitalMan43, on 26 May 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm flying in for this show and staying near where a friend lives in Rockville. I just typed the route into google maps and it estimates 1 hour and 19 minutes to go the 41 miles to get there. I've heard about the bad traffic there, so I'm kind of worried. We'll shoot to get there way early, but I'm hoping there aren't any accidents or traffic that would make us late to the show. Any advice? Look like there aren't really any route choices.

Being that it is a Saturday, traffic shouldn't be the typical nightmare that it usually is.  Most important thing, which you already mentioned, is to plan to get there way early to be safe.  I'm not from the area so I don't have any alternate routes for you.

#50 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

Just called Jiffy Lube Live.  Parking lot will open at 4:00.  So, those wanting to join us for the unofficial TRF tailgate should plan on arriving at the Giant parking lot about 3:30.  We should then CARAVAN to the venue at 4:00 for the couple minute drive to the venue (unless it is backed up by concert traffic).

There is a no alcohol policy for the venue.  Small charcoal grills and propane stoves are permitted.  From previous shows there, the police/security haven't been too bad.  Important thing is to put any alcohol in a Solo-cup as to not give police/security a reason to bother you.  I will have a few extras.

Weather looking pretty decent for Saturday night.  Looks like it will be pretty hot and partly cloudy.  Slight chance of a storm in the afternoon.

For those not wanting or can't meet at the Giant but would like to hook up later, you can PM me (and exchange phone numbers) and I will tie three helium balloons (probably red to reference HYF) to the car as a beacon.

#51 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

Also, for those out-of-state coming and unaware of the liquor laws in the state, you can purchase beer/wine at grocery/convenient stores (thus the Giant comes in handy).  There is also a state-run ABC liquor store in the same parking lot for those who may want something stronger.

#52 mrfriendly

mrfriendly

The Seeker

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Just called venue they get on at 7:40 and the show will end at 10:30.

#53 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:15 PM

Hope to see some of you at FishHead Cantina for the kRush warm-up gig Friday night. I know for a fact there's going to be raucous crowd of Rush fanatics (many traveling long distance) for this show. I'm also hearing the band will be playing lots of deep tracks. This is one of the premier Rush Tribute bands on the planet and it's going to be one hell of a fun night!

Oh, and BTW, uber talented TRF member KennyLee is the bass player/singer/keyboard player (sound familiar?)

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre, 27 May 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#54 TemplesofLamneth

TemplesofLamneth

The Seeker

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

Good to know, I'll be leaving Williamsburg around 10:30 just in case traffic is bad on the way up. See ya'll there!

#55 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostJustin Case, on 21 May 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 21 May 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

View PostJustin Case, on 18 May 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostGabrielgil513, on 18 May 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

View PostJustin Case, on 18 May 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Just bought a ticket...definitely in for DC!!

Congrats!

Stubhub, live nation? How close?

I think I may have an extra for Philly.

live nation.  I had 1 awesome and 1 amazing seat disappear on me, but took a front row, inside aisle of section 201.  I was willing to go to the back of the 100s, and this is only 1 row further.  Definitely continuing the hunt.  Good chance better seats get released later (although that first one I had today was solid gold).  For now, though, I'm in the door...and having significantly better seats for other shows, I can't be too greedy.

Definitely let me know about that Philly extra, if it's available.

When I read your post JC, didnt realize your DC ticket details were there! Thats a decent seat. I see a bunch of new DC seats in the center section 102 appeared today, magically in the hands of brokers. Since they are all together, guessing they were venue seats gone in a flash.

The Philly is section 112, row 3 or 4. My friend may need to bail out. It is a venue platinum ticket, since we were going to road trip, we didnt want to risk a stub hub error. Think the face was 205 plus 39 charges and delivery/handling. He's may be willing to take a bit of a loss on it if biz gets in the way.

Don't even get me started on those tix.  The situation is so shady, it's unbelievable.  64 tickets, all "sold" within 2 minutes?  You can't tell me there were 30+ people hanging around on that page at that exact moment without prior knowledge of some sort of release.  Now some of those tix are already up for resale on the very same site and others keep getting trickled back in, 1 or 2 at a time and everything is selling within seconds ( it's still happening now).  

I wish I could have recorded my escapade because it would be in the hands of someone who could do something by now.  The market manipulation and what boils down to something along the lines of likely insider trading is astounding.  And the fact that they do this in plain view of regular consumers makes it all even worse.

I don't mind fair competition,. but this is bullshit. :codger: :codger: :codger:

Ok...I'll stop bitching now....

Anyhow...please keep me abreast of that Philly ticket.  That's a bit more than I'd like to pay, but once the show gets closer that can possibly be re-evaluated.

same thing happened earlier. A ton of gold tix, there and gone in an instant. Probably 20. And WTH, why is floor face value almost HALF NY AND NJ?

#56 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

1 more day...

#57 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

View Postapetersvt, on 27 May 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Just called Jiffy Lube Live.  Parking lot will open at 4:00.  So, those wanting to join us for the unofficial TRF tailgate should plan on arriving at the Giant parking lot about 3:30.  We should then CARAVAN to the venue at 4:00 for the couple minute drive to the venue (unless it is backed up by concert traffic).

There is a no alcohol policy for the venue.  Small charcoal grills and propane stoves are permitted.  From previous shows there, the police/security haven't been too bad.  Important thing is to put any alcohol in a Solo-cup as to not give police/security a reason to bother you.  I will have a few extras.

Weather looking pretty decent for Saturday night.  Looks like it will be pretty hot and partly cloudy.  Slight chance of a storm in the afternoon.

For those not wanting or can't meet at the Giant but would like to hook up later, you can PM me (and exchange phone numbers) and I will tie three helium balloons (probably red to reference HYF) to the car as a beacon.

Hey apetersvt, slight chance I may go to Bristow. Would love to meet you and  TRFers from area. If you can, please post where in lot the CARAVAN parks, as I would be a later arrival, thanks!

#58 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 29 May 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

View Postapetersvt, on 27 May 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hey apetersvt, slight chance I may go to Bristow. Would love to meet you and  TRFers from area. If you can, please post where in lot the CARAVAN parks, as I would be a later arrival, thanks!

Can't tell you where we are going to park because you are directed to your spot by the venue parking folks.  But I will have 3 red (if I can get 3 red ones) helium balloons to look for.  I will send you a PM with my cell number if you have trouble finding us.

#59 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Is the plan still 330 @ the Giant?

#60 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3427 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostTWENTY_1_TWELVE, on 29 May 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

Is the plan still 330 @ the Giant?

Yes.

I will have my two stove propane grill with me if anyone wishes to use it

Have band practice tonight, so hopefully my fingers will be good and warmed up to play all of those obscure 70s Rush tunes at the tailgate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users