2015 - 05/30 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Apetersvt.....Hey, how you doing mate?

Great to here from ya.

Yeh, staying at the same hotel as TM tour. Never realised there was anything closer, and by the time i did, it was fully booked.

We're planning on headine closer to the venue in the afternoon, in the hope to find a beer or 2. Look out for us bud, and be sure to say Hi!

I'm sure i'll have a Rushfest Scotland T'shirt in your size.....On the house of course.

Keep in touch mate, and i hope to bump into ya at the gig.

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've avoided all the spoilers and reviews, however, my wife read one and said I'll be very, very pleased, really can't wait to reconnect with the folks I met during the TM meet up. This will be my 3rd TRF meet up since opening night of S&A Atlanta in '08. Has anyone mentioned a time folks may meet up? If I remember correctly the parking area didn't open up until sometime around 4PM.

Just bought a ticket...definitely in for DC!!

Congrats!

Stubhub, live nation? How close?

I think I may have an extra for Philly.

Congrats!

live nation. I had 1 awesome and 1 amazing seat disappear on me, but took a front row, inside aisle of section 201. I was willing to go to the back of the 100s, and this is only 1 row further. Definitely continuing the hunt. Good chance better seats get released later (although that first one I had today was solid gold). For now, though, I'm in the door...and having significantly better seats for other shows, I can't be too greedy.

Definitely let me know about that Philly extra, if it's available.

Congrats!

live nation. I had 1 awesome and 1 amazing seat disappear on me, but took a front row, inside aisle of section 201. I was willing to go to the back of the 100s, and this is only 1 row further. Definitely continuing the hunt. Good chance better seats get released later (although that first one I had today was solid gold). For now, though, I'm in the door...and having significantly better seats for other shows, I can't be too greedy.

When I read your post JC, didnt realize your DC ticket details were there! Thats a decent seat. I see a bunch of new DC seats in the center section 102 appeared today, magically in the hands of brokers. Since they are all together, guessing they were venue seats gone in a flash.

The Philly is section 112, row 3 or 4. My friend may need to bail out. It is a venue platinum ticket, since we were going to road trip, we didnt want to risk a stub hub error. Think the face was 205 plus 39 charges and delivery/handling. He's may be willing to take a bit of a loss on it if biz gets in the way.

Congrats!

When I read your post JC, didnt realize your DC ticket details were there! Thats a decent seat. I see a bunch of new DC seats in the center section 102 appeared today, magically in the hands of brokers. Since they are all together, guessing they were venue seats gone in a flash.

The Philly is section 112, row 3 or 4. My friend may need to bail out. It is a venue platinum ticket, since we were going to road trip, we didnt want to risk a stub hub error. Think the face was 205 plus 39 charges and delivery/handling. He's may be willing to take a bit of a loss on it if biz gets in the way.

Don't even get me started on those tix. The situation is so shady, it's unbelievable. 64 tickets, all "sold" within 2 minutes? You can't tell me there were 30+ people hanging around on that page at that exact moment without prior knowledge of some sort of release. Now some of those tix are already up for resale on the very same site and others keep getting trickled back in, 1 or 2 at a time and everything is selling within seconds ( it's still happening now).

I wish I could have recorded my escapade because it would be in the hands of someone who could do something by now. The market manipulation and what boils down to something along the lines of likely insider trading is astounding. And the fact that they do this in plain view of regular consumers makes it all even worse.

I don't mind fair competition,. but this is bullshit. :codger: :codger: :codger:

Ok...I'll stop bitching now....

Anyhow...please keep me abreast of that Philly ticket. That's a bit more than I'd like to pay, but once the show gets closer that can possibly be re-evaluated.

JC, there were 64 tix here and gone? Does Live nation provide that type of info on their site, or just saw they released a couple of rows? I recall a month ago, MSG had some OK lowers added, as you know, MSG solid sell out for months, at least in that case, the tix were on TM for many hours. Wish I didnt buy MSG right away, but I went for a certain view I never had at a Rush show, directly across the rink straight ahead in the lowers. VS on this forum loved to blast me, ridiculed me about ticket overlords, yet the games the promoters play with tickets has been going on a long time. Will keep you updated about Philly.

Just joined up, I'll be there with a couple of friends whom I decided needed more quality music in their lives. If you guys are having a meetme up I'd love to join. This is my first Rush show and I can't seem to find people who love and appreciate their music as much as I do so lets do this!

Just joined up, I'll be there with a couple of friends whom I decided needed more quality music in their lives. If you guys are having a meetme up I'd love to join. This is my first Rush show and I can't seem to find people who love and appreciate their music as much as I do so lets do this!

I am planning a meetup. I need to find out from the venue what time the lots open and then we can make things definite. But, the last 3-4 meetups, we have met at the Giant grocery store parking lot which is about a mile from the venue. We then CARAVAN together so we all end up parking next to each other. In the past, we have had grills (hopefully SteelCaressed will come out of hiding and join us) and plenty of food and drinks. I usually get a few helium balloons and tie to the car as a beacon in the parking lot for those who miss the Giant meetup.

Plus, we have a tradition of playing Fountain Of Lamneth on acoustic guitars (videos of which are posted courtesy of GeddysMullet in the tour meetup archive section from the CA tour)

Plus, we have a tradition of playing Fountain Of Lamneth on acoustic guitars (videos of which are posted courtesy of GeddysMullet in the tour meetup archive section from the CA tour)

Panacea? I am taking transit, but will definitely walk by the parking lot to say hello and check that out (if I get tix ;))

I am planning a meetup. I need to find out from the venue what time the lots open and then we can make things definite. But, the last 3-4 meetups, we have met at the Giant grocery store parking lot which is about a mile from the venue. We then CARAVAN together so we all end up parking next to each other. In the past, we have had grills (hopefully SteelCaressed will come out of hiding and join us) and plenty of food and drinks. I usually get a few helium balloons and tie to the car as a beacon in the parking lot for those who miss the Giant meetup.

I remember you from the last meet up, I was driving a very orange corvette. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, last time was a blast.

I remember you from the last meet up, I was driving a very orange corvette. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, last time was a blast.

I remember you now that you mentioned the corvette. 1 week to go

Just called the venue. Their rep didn't know what time the parking lot will open up but she said they would know on Wednesday. Whatever time that will be, I suggest we meet at the Giant 30 minutes prior to that.

I remember you now that you mentioned the corvette. 1 week to go

The excitement is building for me now the weekends here, I've been too busy to really think about it until now. I'm driving up Tuesday to do some work for my father in law, hope that makes the extra three days of waiting fly by. Originally I had planned on going to Tampa, Atlanta, Greensboro and finishing up with Bristow but with work so plentiful now I had to pick just one, and Bristow is by far my favorite venue out of the 4. Free accommodations also played a big contributing factor to the decision, according to my wife anyway.

Just called the venue. Their rep didn't know what time the parking lot will open up but she said they would know on Wednesday. Whatever time that will be, I suggest we meet at the Giant 30 minutes prior to that.

I'll be there, can't wait!

Can someone give the address of this grocery store or the name of the street its on? I'm coming up from the Hampton Roads area and google maps is telling me the closest Giant is in a lot closer to DC than the venue itself.

Gotta find out what time they hit the stage too… I know ticket says 7:30 but I highly doubt they go on at 7:45 in broad daylight would totally ruin the show. Apparently Austin the only other outdoor show so far started at 8:15 I believe.

I'm flying in for this show and staying near where a friend lives in Rockville. I just typed the route into google maps and it estimates 1 hour and 19 minutes to go the 41 miles to get there. I've heard about the bad traffic there, so I'm kind of worried. We'll shoot to get there way early, but I'm hoping there aren't any accidents or traffic that would make us late to the show. Any advice? Look like there aren't really any route choices.

I'm flying in for this show and staying near where a friend lives in Rockville. I just typed the route into google maps and it estimates 1 hour and 19 minutes to go the 41 miles to get there. I've heard about the bad traffic there, so I'm kind of worried. We'll shoot to get there way early, but I'm hoping there aren't any accidents or traffic that would make us late to the show. Any advice? Look like there aren't really any route choices.

Being that it is a Saturday, traffic shouldn't be the typical nightmare that it usually is. Most important thing, which you already mentioned, is to plan to get there way early to be safe. I'm not from the area so I don't have any alternate routes for you.

Just called Jiffy Lube Live. Parking lot will open at 4:00. So, those wanting to join us for the unofficial TRF tailgate should plan on arriving at the Giant parking lot about 3:30. We should then CARAVAN to the venue at 4:00 for the couple minute drive to the venue (unless it is backed up by concert traffic).

There is a no alcohol policy for the venue. Small charcoal grills and propane stoves are permitted. From previous shows there, the police/security haven't been too bad. Important thing is to put any alcohol in a Solo-cup as to not give police/security a reason to bother you. I will have a few extras.

Weather looking pretty decent for Saturday night. Looks like it will be pretty hot and partly cloudy. Slight chance of a storm in the afternoon.

For those not wanting or can't meet at the Giant but would like to hook up later, you can PM me (and exchange phone numbers) and I will tie three helium balloons (probably red to reference HYF) to the car as a beacon.

Archived