A Madonna Confession: I Love "True Blue" And "Like A Prayer." Do You?

RUSHHEAD666

I have no idea why I love these albums. Perhaps it's the music.

Ya think? :LOL: True Blue and Like A Prayer were great albums.

I used to really like Madonna a lot back around the same time period. I agree her music kind of went to crap after that.

Hahaha! Yep!! We agree! Hey did you ever get Madonna's book back in the late Eighties? It was wrapped in tin foil. There were naked pictures of her in there! I still have my copy and I kept the foil wrapper! It's in mint condition I just can't find it! LOL!

Yeah and I remember how much of a big fuss was made about it at the time. There was a huge waiting list of people trying to get it. Only thing I can really remember about it right now is that Isabella Rossellini was in it.

That's good knowledge. As a high school guy I just wanted it to look at the pictures! LOL! Some things never change!! It's ironic that I majored in English!

True Blue, Like A Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light and Confessions On The Dancefloor are fantastic albums.

The debut and Like A Virgin are pretty nifty. And...look guys, I love her work.

Nothing wrong with that buddy! I grew up listening to those first five albums! Too bad she went so TECHNO! TECH NO!!!!!

I have no idea why I love these albums. Perhaps it's the music.

Ya think? :LOL: True Blue and Like A Prayer were great albums.

I used to really like Madonna a lot back around the same time period. I agree her music kind of went to crap after that.

Hahaha! Yep!! We agree! Hey did you ever get Madonna's book back in the late Eighties? It was wrapped in tin foil. There were naked pictures of her in there! I still have my copy and I kept the foil wrapper! It's in mint condition I just can't find it! LOL!

Yeah and I remember how much of a big fuss was made about it at the time. There was a huge waiting list of people trying to get it. Only thing I can really remember about it right now is that Isabella Rossellini was in it.

I have that book.

You could have it but the other foot of my hall drawer is shorter and Madonna's book is currently below it.

LOL!

True Blue, Like A Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light and Confessions On The Dancefloor are fantastic albums.

Nothing wrong with that buddy! I grew up listening to those first five albums! Too bad she went so TECHNO! TECH NO!!!!!

I enjoyed her techno stuff...

But her eighties run is stunning. I hate the album Erotica, but follow up Bedtime Stories is near faultless in my book.

But her eighties run is stunning. I hate the album Erotica, but follow up Bedtime Stories is near faultless in my book.

Eighties stuff is stunning. Nice! "Erotica" is awful! Which one is the album where Madonna wears a cowboy hat? Terrible!

Eighties stuff is stunning. Nice! "Erotica" is awful! Which one is the album where Madonna wears a cowboy hat? Terrible!

Music.

Never heard that one, but Confessions is fantastic.

Music.

I will sample some!

Music.

I will sample some!

Its straightforward disco pop, and superior to the kind that made her famous!

Isaac and Sorry are my favourites.

Music.

I will sample some!

Cool man. Glad I started a Madonna thread. I will give it a listen.

Music.

I will sample some!

Damn! Madonna is HOT in the "Sorry" video!

Listening to Bedtime Stories, it is hard to think that anyone ever thought she was all about the image. Like Michael Jackson's Dangerous, this is such an underrated album, despite whatever record sales may indicate.

Human Nature is the greatest fight back of the nineties. Really love her resilience to stand her ground. I agree with the critics, her sexually provocative work on Erotica was way over the top, and she didn't need to go that far, but her answer to the backlash was Bedtime Stories so I think it was all worth it!

I might even prefer it to the sublime Ray Of Light.

Music.

I will sample some!

Damn! Madonna is HOT in the "Sorry" video!

Agreed! The last era of sexy madonna. Now it is just...well...she is too old for me to see the appeal!

Confessions is a great pop album, really upbeat and it has an excellent flow!

Don't ask me I was forced into 2 of her concerts......i'd rather be subjected to a Lacuna Coil discography loop.

oh.....Segue's not here, lol

Mick

They write better albums than Billy Joel.

And Tom Waits...for no one. Because no one cares.

Love you!

• Like 1

I'll give Madonna her due. She is extremely intelligent with regard to how to manipulate the press (ie sex & religious controversy sells) but she is a rubbish!

Aww...well she has a terrific discography so I disagree.

I liked Everybody when she first started.

Rain

Bedtime Story

Express yourself

Vogue

And that's about it...

Edited by librarian

I will say that her last two albums, Erotica, and possibly American Life and Music, are her only rubbish albums.

True Blue, Like A Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light and Confessions On The Dancefloor are five of the greatest pop albums ever released.

Her singles are up their with the best of the best for me.

She has one album that I really like. Ray Of Light

That's it... :outtahere:

Good choice!

Good choice!

Yep, that's the only album from her that I can listen to from start to finish.

It has that certain something. Very moody.

Good choice!

Yep, that's the only album from her that I can listen to from start to finish.

It has that certain something. Very moody.

Bedtime Stories is pretty much in the same league, but I agree Ray Of Light is very special.

• Like 1