2014-15 NHL Season thread

I think Oshie got a lot more credibility from his Olympic performance, I was never super impressed with him in the NHL. He is a good player, but not an elite player and I think he wants elite $

I wish the Hawks would get moving with the trades. It seems that if they can dump Versteeg and Bickell on a team that needs to get to the cap floor, they might have a shot to keep Sharp for one more year and/or possibly keep Oduya.

• Like 3

I think Oshie got a lot more credibility from his Olympic performance, I was never super impressed with him in the NHL. He is a good player, but not an elite player and I think he wants elite $

I wish the Hawks would get moving with the trades. It seems that if they can dump Versteeg and Bickell on a team that needs to get to the cap floor, they might have a shot to keep Sharp for one more year and/or possibly keep Oduya.

The last trade the Hawks made, getting two young D-men, tells me we're beefing up Rockford's defense, which doesn't look good as far as keeping Oduya. I think the team is resigned to going into the next season with a Johns or a Cumiskey. And I don't know if we can swing another year with Sharp. That may water down the talent on our 3rd and 4th lines.

I agree, I have always had an issue with his penalty shots in the Olympic shootout. The 1 mph skating technique was a complete joke -

I agree, I have always had an issue with his penalty shots in the Olympic shootout. The 1 mph skating technique was a complete joke -

But he scored, plus Kane does it too. :blink:

But he scored, plus Kane does it too. :blink:

For regular season games let email tie for god sakes. For playoff international games play till there's a winner.

Sharp and Johns traded to Dallas for Daley and Garbutt. Patrick had to be done. Hate to lose a promising D-man like Johns. Daley would look great on our team but can we keep him with his cap hit? Garbutt has always been a pain in the ass to play against. Good to have him on our side.

Sharp and Johns traded to Dallas for Daley and Garbutt. Patrick had to be done. Hate to lose a promising D-man like Johns. Daley would look great on our team but can we keep him with his cap hit? Garbutt has always been a pain in the ass to play against. Good to have him on our side.

So why trade for a guy with a cap hit if that is why they had to trade Sharp? Don't get that at all... :( Going to miss you Sharpie!! A class act with all the good things he did in the community...

So why trade for a guy with a cap hit if that is why they had to trade Sharp? Don't get that at all... :( Going to miss you Sharpie!! A class act with all the good things he did in the community...

Yeah, the Hawks may try to trade Daley in order to get somebody cheaper. It's also possible nobody will want Bickell and the team will use their buy out option, which might keep Daley in Chicago. To be continued...

CJtUl4OWwAAE2Wq.jpg

What a great guy, I am really going to hate not seeing him, he was one of my favorites :kisshug: Good luck Sharpie & Bless you

• Like 1

Crap, now Oduya is gone. :wtf: Why couldn't we have kept him, did they really need Daley? I think Dallas got the best of the Hawks here, first Sharp now Oduya. Oh boy shades of 2010, this team will be a jigsaw puzzle before they are through :smash:

Crap, now Oduya is gone. :wtf: Why couldn't we have kept him, did they really need Daley? I think Dallas got the best of the Hawks here, first Sharp now Oduya. Oh boy shades of 2010, this team will be a jigsaw puzzle before they are through :smash:

No need to panic, Rhyta. All these moves were expected. The only question was what the Hawks would get in return. I think we can be quite satisfied there.

No need to panic, Rhyta. All these moves were expected. The only question was what the Hawks would get in return. I think we can be quite satisfied there.

I hope you're right, I just hate to see the chemistry of the lines disrupted. I get too attached to the players I guess. Only time will tell and we have a couple of months before the season starts :sigh:

• Like 1

I hope you're right, I just hate to see the chemistry of the lines disrupted. I get too attached to the players I guess. Only time will tell and we have a couple of months before the season starts :sigh:

How do you think I feel? Only last year, I bought Sharp and Bickell jerseys. :16ton:

• Like 2

How do you think I feel? Only last year, I bought Sharp and Bickell jerseys. :16ton:

Ouch, that's got to hurt the pocketbook :o

Ouch, that's got to hurt the pocketbook :o

It felt like $5.9 and $4.0 millions. :sigh:
  • Like 1

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/Blackhawks_Maze.jpg

Amazing picture, always wondered how they do this, wow.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nhl/blog/Blackhawks_Maze.jpg

Amazing picture, always wondered how they do this, wow.

Aliens

• Like 2