2014-15 NFL Season Thread

Principled Man

Is it me or did Chip Kelly go bonkers today and allowed the Eagles to be fleeced in a totally dumb trade?

The Eagles have announced the deal, which consists of Bradford for Nick Foles plus three draft picks. The Eagles get from St. Louis a 2015 fifth-round pick, and the Rams get from Philadelphia a 2015 fourth-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

Is it me or did Chip Kelly go bonkers today and allowed the Eagles to be fleeced in a totally dumb trade?

The Eagles have announced the deal, which consists of Bradford for Nick Foles plus three draft picks. The Eagles get from St. Louis a 2015 fifth-round pick, and the Rams get from Philadelphia a 2015 fourth-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

Now looking at the whole trade, draft picks and all, I agree with you. Too much for a QB with two zipper knees.

Now looking at the whole trade, draft picks and all, I agree with you. Too much for a QB with two zipper knees.

Sounds like the perfect guy for an offense which requires at least some mobility for their QB. Even the picks favor the Rams by a considerable margin. That's an insane trade. Did Stephen Ross put him up to it?

Sounds like the perfect guy for an offense which requires at least some mobility for their QB. Even the picks favor the Rams by a considerable margin. That's an insane trade. Did Stephen Ross put him up to it?

He promised him an invite at one of his big soirees,

He promised him an invite at one of his big soirees,

I'd rather go to Kraft's. Better chance of meeting the commissioner...

• Like 1

Frank Gore must have heard about the trade and bolted to the Colts instead.

He must have forgotten for a moment that he'd have to beat out Trent Richardson to start.

Maybe he just wants to collect money for sitting on the bench and observing greatness.

This can go one of three ways. We keep Murray. A win. We lose Murray but work out a deal to get Peterson. A win. We get neither and must draft a running back in the first or second round. Major question mark.

This can go one of three ways. We keep Murray. A win. We lose Murray but work out a deal to get Peterson. A win. We get neither and must draft a running back in the first or second round. Major question mark.

RBs are a dime a dozen. All the elements for a successful running game are in place already.

As a Cowgirl hater, I hope you get AP...he's got not much more in the tank than Jamal Lewis when he sat out a year. It might be somewhat disguised because your OL is so good, but there are a lot of cheaper backs just as good who will cost less and be productive longer.

• Like 1

He must have forgotten for a moment that he'd have to beat out Trent Richardson to start.

Maybe he just wants to collect money for sitting on the bench and observing greatness.

Just think if he had to watch Ingram...

On the field, Ingram>>>>>> Richardson.

On video, not so much if the rumors about Trent are true.

RBs are a dime a dozen. All the elements for a successful running game are in place already.

As a Cowgirl hater, I hope you get AP...he's got not much more in the tank than Jamal Lewis when he sat out a year. It might be somewhat disguised because your OL is so good, but there are a lot of cheaper backs just as good who will cost less and be productive longer.

It's not as if you can just pick a RB off the street that is as good as Murray. Though he is injury prone, he's still an elite back. I do agree that we shouldn't break the bank for him.

It's not as if you can just pick a RB off the street that is as good as Murray. Though he is injury prone, he's still an elite back. I do agree that we shouldn't break the bank for him.

As good, no. Good enough? Might not be as tough as you think...The underwear thief was not bad in that role, at least in games I saw.

Trent Richardson: “My next step, I’ll be the starter”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmxztnmzjexogflyzlhm2yymdzjmzg2nwvjyza5mjuz-e1411320832198.jpeg?w=250

Hours after he was released by the Colts, Trent Richardson insisted that he has plenty of good football left in him.

Richardson told Mike Wells of ESPN that Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson is to blame for Richardson’s inability to make things work in Indianapolis.

“Me and the GM didn’t see eye to eye. My next step, I’ll be the starter. Indy didn’t fit me,” Richardson said.

Richardson acknowledged that he was fined repeatedly for being overweight, although he says he was only three pounds heavier than the 227 pounds the Colts asked him to weigh.

“I was continually fined for being 230 pounds,” Richardson said.

That raises the question of why Richardson didn’t just lose the extra three pounds to keep his bosses happy and keep his money. And Richardson’s attitude raises questions about whether he understands just how bad he was in Indianapolis. The reality is that there’s no way any team is going to bring Richardson in to be the starter, and if he signs for backup money somewhere else, he’s going to have to prove himself in minicamps, training camp and the preseason or else he’s not going to make a team at all.

Unless Richardson is planning to play Arena Football, his chances of being a starter are slim. And he may not play another down in the NFL.

Trent Richardson: “My next step, I’ll be the starter”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmxztnmzjexogflyzlhm2yymdzjmzg2nwvjyza5mjuz-e1411320832198.jpeg?w=250

Hours after he was released by the Colts, Trent Richardson insisted that he has plenty of good football left in him.

Richardson told Mike Wells of ESPN that Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson is to blame for Richardson’s inability to make things work in Indianapolis.

“Me and the GM didn’t see eye to eye. My next step, I’ll be the starter. Indy didn’t fit me,” Richardson said.

Richardson acknowledged that he was fined repeatedly for being overweight, although he says he was only three pounds heavier than the 227 pounds the Colts asked him to weigh.

“I was continually fined for being 230 pounds,” Richardson said.

That raises the question of why Richardson didn’t just lose the extra three pounds to keep his bosses happy and keep his money. And Richardson’s attitude raises questions about whether he understands just how bad he was in Indianapolis. The reality is that there’s no way any team is going to bring Richardson in to be the starter, and if he signs for backup money somewhere else, he’s going to have to prove himself in minicamps, training camp and the preseason or else he’s not going to make a team at all.

Unless Richardson is planning to play Arena Football, his chances of being a starter are slim. And he may not play another down in the NFL.

The Girls could use a back with Murray gone.

According to various sources, Chip Kelly has brought Tim Tebow in for a workout, hoping to recreate the legendarily prolific 2012 New York Jet offense. Once Bradford gets hurt, it could be Sanchez vs Tebow.

According to various sources, Chip Kelly has brought Tim Tebow in for a workout, hoping to recreate the legendarily prolific 2012 New York Jet offense. Once Bradford gets hurt, it could be Sanchez vs Tebow.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/clint_ew.gif

• Like 2

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/clint_ew.gif

:laughing guy:

It is easy to crack on Tebow and dude needs work but it's hard to root against a nice guy who pulled off that late run in Denver.

I know I sound like a tool.

;)

• Like 2