Once A Warrior

Union 5-3992

Yet another "modern" soul-less, generic sound/"effort" by Alex. No depth or character, as per usual.

You are completely wrong. As usual.

Sorry, Goose. Sounds like cheap, random shit to me. Its hard to perceive that this is coming from someone with such a rich and diverse background in musical styles/sounds. Maybe his brain is fried and/or he's too lazy to put serious effort into his sound (which has been more or less the same for past 14 years).

If Alex could hear into the future from the zenith of his career, I think he would be utterly disgusted with himself. Its appalling and unconscionable to me. Seriously.

Yet another "modern" soul-less, generic sound/"effort" by Alex. No depth or character, as per usual.

Sorry, Goose. Sounds like cheap, random shit to me. Its hard to perceive that this is coming from someone with such a rich and diverse background in musical styles/sounds. Maybe his brain is fried and/or he's too lazy to put serious effort into his sound (which has been more or less the same for past 14 years).

If Alex could hear into the future from the zenith of his career, I think he would be utterly disgusted with himself. Its appalling and unconscionable to me. Seriously.

Really? You do realize that music is a form of art and by definition it's subjective material? You're opinion is a bit harsh of a man whose musical accomplishments rival that of some of the greatest guitarists of all time. His sound is just fine, as is his compositions. Maybe they aren't your flavor but then again you come off like someone who can't escape Hemispheres so that's to be expected.

Really? You do realize that music is a form of art and by definition it's subjective material? You're opinion is a bit harsh of a man whose musical accomplishments rival that of some of the greatest guitarists of all time. His sound is just fine, as is his compositions. Maybe they aren't your flavor but then again you come off like someone who can't escape Hemispheres so that's to be expected.

I think the piece is pretty creative, and certainly jams in the vein of some of Alex's best work.

ETA: Listening again, I think it's mostly the fact that Alex's guitar isn't layered to death. There's some space and clarity to the music. That really helps Alex get his tone through.

Edited by goose

Certainly its subjective. The idea of "art" is so whored-out and blurred in this day and age. I'd never refer anything that Alex has done since 2000 as being artistic. What he does now is akin to splashing paint from a can onto a floor canvas, when before he would use fine strokes of differing colors in a purposeful and intelligent manner.

Certainly its subjective. The idea of "art" is so whored-out and blurred in this day and age. I'd never refer anything that Alex has done since 2000 as being artistic. What he does now is akin to splashing paint from a can onto a floor canvas, when before he would use fine strokes of differing colors in a purposeful and intelligent manner.

Just curious... Are you talking about anything since 2000 up against the his solo in Here Again for example? Just raw and free beauty and feeling against something more sterile and packaged?.... Edited by Narpski

Well we don't see you out there touring do we?

• Like 1