Scariest movie scenes?

hobo73

I saw John Carpenter's "The Thing" when I was 16. We bought tickets to see E.T. since my friend and I were too young for an R rated film and just wandered into the theater showing "The Thing" by "mistake".

Anyway...the scene where they think the one guy is having a heart attack and the doctor is trying to revive him. I won't spoil it beyond that. A perfect scene in a nearly perfect movie.

That move is so awesome but damn is that movie wicked gross hahaha. Effects that hold up today, too!

And the Santa Clause from the original Tales from the Crypt was pretty intense, the way they set it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Xn6B4_srI

I preferred the TV series version of this Tales From the Crypt story, "And All Throughout the House" was it called? Really good and creepy home invasion, all while being implicit murder aside from, of course, the wife killing the husband.

• Like 1

Can't find a version on Youtube that does this scene justice, why the reveal of G'mork works so well. To jog your memory: Atreyu was looking over a history of murals representing his journey so far, then he comes across one particular mural of an even he doesn't remember occu-- oh shit! This terrified me as a kid.

If you haven't seen The Neverending Story yet

And the Santa Clause from the original Tales from the Crypt was pretty intense, the way they set it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Xn6B4_srI

I preferred the TV series version of this Tales From the Crypt story, "And All Throughout the House" was it called? Really good and creepy home invasion, all while being implicit murder aside from, of course, the wife killing the husband.

What I loved about this mini-story in the original was that they played Christmas music the entire time. It made it even more creepy.