77 replies to this topic

#41 Distant Signals

Distant Signals

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hello,

In case anyone is interested and is making the trip to the Cleveland, OH show at Quicken Loans Arena for the Sunday Oct 28th show.......

My Rush Tribute band (Distant Signals) will be performing on Saturday Oct 27th at Wilbert's downtown Cleveland, just a few blocks from the Q.

Hope we can get some Ohio Rush fans out to our show.  We'll be playing a ton of rare songs you would NEVER expect to hear, plus a few from Clockwork Angels.  

Spread the word please and Rush On     1022.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

All set and ordered last night.  Me and my friends will be in 213, Row E, Seats 4-9.

Beyond hyped for Sept. 20th

#43 anticlockwise

anticlockwise

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi all,
I'm from Detroit, but I'm thinking of going to see Rush in Columbus. What's the venue like, and approximately how long of a trip is it? Also, is Columbus a pretty good audience for Rush? Can anyone compare to Detroit? Thanks!

#44 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (anticlockwise @ Jul 14 2012, 05:14 PM)
Hi all,
I'm from Detroit, but I'm thinking of going to see Rush in Columbus. What's the venue like, and approximately how long of a trip is it? Also, is Columbus a pretty good audience for Rush? Can anyone compare to Detroit? Thanks!

CBus is about 3.5 hours from Detroit depending on where you are starting from.

Nationwide Arena is a great venue in a nicer part of town.
Parking is easy although you should get there early because the streets get backed up pretty bad around the arena as showtime approaches.

CBus crowds are typically pretty good.
I've seen RUSH there several times at the old Polaris Amphitheater as well as the baseball stadium they have down there (on the Presto tour).

It's a fairly easy drive.. but since it's 2 nights after the Detroit show I'll be skipping it this time around unless something changes as the tour gets closer.  

#45 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

As we are rapidly approaching August it means less than 2 months for the show.  With my office downtown being within 3-4 blocks of the Arena District, do folks want me to start looking for particulars with regards to a venue (food type, beer selections, space, other activities, etc...)?

#46 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

wouldn't the logical spot be that courtyard right behind the arena with all those little restaurants/bars and outdoor seating?

no idea what that area is called but it's literally right at the back door of the arena.  

#47 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Yes you are absolutely right Snaked and that extends from right there at the main entrance plaza with 343 Front St. Tavern/Buca di Beppo down below going north to a pub (forget the name), Gordon Biersch, R Bar, Brothers, BBR, Garage Bar, Park Street Cantina, Bar Louie, Callahans Pub and lots of others.  It's all within a 5 minute walk which is why I asked about folks preferences.  There's also a Chipotle and a W.G. Grinders for people that want a quick bite before drinking.

#48 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Jul 25 2012, 08:40 AM)
Yes you are absolutely right Snaked and that extends from right there at the main entrance plaza with 343 Front St. Tavern/Buca di Beppo down below going north to a pub (forget the name), Gordon Biersch, R Bar, Brothers, BBR, Garage Bar, Park Street Cantina, Bar Louie, Callahans Pub and lots of others.  It's all within a 5 minute walk which is why I asked about folks preferences.  There's also a Chipotle and a W.G. Grinders for people that want a quick bite before drinking.

That would be great, I plan on having a few drinks and socializing a little before the show but of course I wouldn't want to have to drive anywhere. Looking forward to meeting some fans  trink39.gif  

#49 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Any type of place in particular for you SchemingDemon??  At Bar 343 right in front of the entrance to Nationwide there is a patio that is right on the plaza there and that is where the radio stations set up before every concert (according to music type).

#50 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'm looking for a single ticket for Columbus. Not being picky but would like floor within the first 15 rows. That being said, I wouls be interested in hearing about others. PM me with what you may have.

Thank you.  

#51 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Aug 17 2012, 07:57 AM)
Any type of place in particular for you SchemingDemon??  At Bar 343 right in front of the entrance to Nationwide there is a patio that is right on the plaza there and that is where the radio stations set up before every concert (according to music type).

Anywhere is fine by me, I'm not picky  smile.gif

I'm also just not very familiar with the area at all. But the closer to the venue, the better

#52 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Alrighty...

Who has extras on the main floor?
Prefer something in the first 12 rows or so.

3 of us are driving down tomorrow.. we dont need to sit together but if it happens it's ok.

Don't be shy... smile.gif

#53 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Where's the meetup tomorrow?

#54 Man of Willowdale

Man of Willowdale

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Tomarrow is the Day for the BIG RUSH show in Columbus,OHIO. Several places right around in the Arena District. The RBAR, Gordon Biersch, 343 Front Street Tavern & Sports Bar to name few..  

#55 Tommy Sawyer

Tommy Sawyer

I Must Respond!

• Members
  • 6672 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Music, Backpacking, Hammocks, Theatre, Science, Math

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

bekloppt.gif

I'll be there! ........ Up in the 100s. laugh.gif

No meetup for me, though. Not quite old enough to drink. laugh.gif laugh.gif

#56 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

I will be heading to BBR around 5:30 with my buds that are going with.  It's right behind Brother's off of Vine.

I have chosen my black 1994 Counterparts tour shirt to wear tonight if you need a reference point for the old Translyvania Twist... trink38.gif

Edited by Transylvania Twist, 20 September 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#57 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Sep 20 2012, 06:51 AM)
I will be heading to BBR around 5:30 with my buds that are going with.  It's right behind Brother's off of Vine.

I have chosen my black 1992 Counterparts tour shirt to wear tonight if you need a reference point for the old Translyvania Twist... trink38.gif

Is this fairly close to the venue? If so, I may stop in since I'm going solo. I don't wanna pay $8.50 for a 24 oz beer again like I did at the Palace  laugh.gif

T-minus 11 hours and 37 minutes!!

#58 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 20 2012, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (Transylvania Twist @ Sep 20 2012, 06:51 AM)
I will be heading to BBR around 5:30 with my buds that are going with.  It's right behind Brother's off of Vine.

I have chosen my black 1992 Counterparts tour shirt to wear tonight if you need a reference point for the old Translyvania Twist... trink38.gif

Is this fairly close to the venue? If so, I may stop in since I'm going solo. I don't wanna pay $8.50 for a 24 oz beer again like I did at the Palace  laugh.gif

T-minus 11 hours and 37 minutes!!

BBR I would guesstimate about a 3 minute walk from Nationwide.  It is due North 1/2 block west of the corner of Front/Park (street changes names) and Vine St.  The entire Arena District is very cool with lots of options pre and post-show.

#59 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

I'm about to begin my Headlong Flight to CBus!
Got a room just north of the city and I should hit town right around noon.

See y'all down there!

I'll be the guy.... in the RUSH t-shirt... you can't miss me!  tongue.gif

#60 Transylvania Twist

Transylvania Twist

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Fantastic Snaked.  Safe travels down our way.  What area are you staying at because there is construction on 71 in the downtown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users