77 replies to this topic

#41 ShlappinDahBass

ShlappinDahBass

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Interests:bass

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jul 31 2012, 03:11 AM)
QUOTE (Shifty @ Jul 27 2012, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jul 28 2012, 12:37 AM)
I can't wait now! I just saw Time Machine DVD in HD and 5.1 surround sound. This is going to be quite the epic first Rush concert for me!

Who else is going out and getting a Chicago pizza after the show?

50 Days to Go !!!  cheer.gif  common001.gif  trink39.gif  653.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  2.gif

I'm sure Chicago pizza and beer will also be on the agenda for this evening. trink38.gif  pizza.gif

Sounds good to me!!  God, the wait is killing me!

2.gif  2.gif

cheer.gif  trink39.gif

SO CLOSE. I'm sure I'm either going to wear my Rash shirt or Clockwork Angels shirt. This is going to be one HELL of a night! SO CLOSE.

Sponsored Post

#42 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts
  • Interests:All things Rush! I like to listen to music, read, watch movies, and have fun.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Aug 2 2012, 12:50 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Jul 31 2012, 03:11 AM)
QUOTE (Shifty @ Jul 27 2012, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Jul 28 2012, 12:37 AM)
I can't wait now! I just saw Time Machine DVD in HD and 5.1 surround sound. This is going to be quite the epic first Rush concert for me!

Who else is going out and getting a Chicago pizza after the show?

50 Days to Go !!!  cheer.gif  common001.gif  trink39.gif  653.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  2.gif

I'm sure Chicago pizza and beer will also be on the agenda for this evening. trink38.gif  pizza.gif

Sounds good to me!!  God, the wait is killing me!

2.gif  2.gif

cheer.gif  trink39.gif

SO CLOSE. I'm sure I'm either going to wear my Rash shirt or Clockwork Angels shirt. This is going to be one HELL of a night! SO CLOSE.

Haven't decided on wardrobe yet...Rash T-shirt or new CA shirt?

So where's an awesome pizza place in Chicago near the venue? (Nope, never been this close to downtown Chicago!)

trink39.gif

cheer.gif  653.gif

#43 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

Coach Cheesehead

• Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm not as excited as I should be - I'm not a fan of concerts at the United Center. Saw Van Halen there earlier this year and the sound isn't all that great. Might be down on the floor, but where I was it was pretty terrible.

I hope the rumor floating around here is true - Rush, Summerfest 2013!!

I am looking forward to meeting up with ILSnwdog for the concert though!

Edited by Lost In Xanadu, 15 August 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#44 ShlappinDahBass

ShlappinDahBass

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 15 2012, 09:35 AM)
I'm not as excited as I should be - I'm not a fan of concerts at the United Center. Saw Van Halen there earlier this year and the sound isn't all that great. Might be down on the floor, but where I was it was pretty terrible.

I hope the rumor floating around here is true - Rush, Summerfest 2013!!

I am looking forward to meeting up with ILSnwdog for the concert though!

It could have also been the sound guys. You never know, so many things can go wrong at a concert.

I'm just excited for it being my first Rush concert and all. lol...And the pizza.

#45 Dscrapre

Dscrapre

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 835 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

One month! 1022.gif  trink39.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  1287.gif  bekloppt.gif  biggrin.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  drool1.gif  heart.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  yes.gif  bncegrn.gif  653.gif  firedevil.gif  wub.gif  notworthy.gif  chickendance.gif  th1245.gif  popcorn.gif  

#46 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts
  • Interests:All things Rush! I like to listen to music, read, watch movies, and have fun.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Aug 15 2012, 03:23 PM)
One month! 1022.gif  trink39.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  1287.gif  bekloppt.gif  biggrin.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  drool1.gif  heart.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  yes.gif  bncegrn.gif  653.gif  firedevil.gif  wub.gif  notworthy.gif  chickendance.gif  th1245.gif  popcorn.gif

Yeah, you ain't kidding.....I'm already mentally there at the venue.....

2.gif  2.gif

cheer.gif  common001.gif  trink39.gif  

#47 Shifty

Shifty

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Interests:Prog Rock, Jazz, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Eastbound & Down, Rugby League,

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 17 2012, 08:23 AM)
One month! 1022.gif  trink39.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  1287.gif  bekloppt.gif  biggrin.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  drool1.gif  heart.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  yes.gif  bncegrn.gif  653.gif  firedevil.gif  wub.gif  notworthy.gif  chickendance.gif  th1245.gif  popcorn.gif

2.gif  2.gif

Excitement definately building. We leave Australia on Mon. A few weeks touring Alaska, then the mid west culminating in CHICAGO!!!  trink39.gif  2.gif  653.gif  2.gif

Being from a country that doesn't know Rush exists, I'm relaxed about the sound at the venue, I want it to be great, but will be fairly easily pleased.

So have we identified a suitable beer / pizza venue yet  ?
pizza.gif  trink38.gif  2.gif  bacon.gif  hotdog.gif  653.gif  trink39.gif  

#48 nettiesaur

nettiesaur

The Hang Out innkeeper

• Members *
  • 4976 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (rushfanforever! @ Aug 16 2012, 04:23 PM)
One month! 1022.gif  trink39.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  1287.gif  bekloppt.gif  biggrin.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  drool1.gif  heart.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  yes.gif  bncegrn.gif  653.gif  firedevil.gif  wub.gif  notworthy.gif  chickendance.gif  th1245.gif  popcorn.gif

2.gif  2.gif

I can't wait for this!!

#49 ShlappinDahBass

ShlappinDahBass

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Shifty @ Aug 17 2012, 06:46 AM)

2.gif  2.gif

Excitement definately building. We leave Australia on Mon. A few weeks touring Alaska, then the mid west culminating in CHICAGO!!!  trink39.gif  2.gif  653.gif  2.gif

Being from a country that doesn't know Rush exists, I'm relaxed about the sound at the venue, I want it to be great, but will be fairly easily pleased.

I know of this brilliant Chicago Pizzaria in Chicago. I forgot what it was called, been ages since I've been there. But, all I remember is that the food was delicious.

My friend, you need to spread the sound of Rush in Australia!  laugh.gif

Getting super pumped for this show! Hope you enjoy America. I've always wanted to visit Australia. Maybe move.  biggrin.gif

27 DAYSSSSS.  2.gif  2.gif  cat.gif  cheer.gif  banghead.gif  

#50 Flying Finn

Flying Finn

The Seeker

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Unfortunately can't make it.  sad.gif

Well at least I can spoil the setlist in 5.9(?) and watch some youtube vids and listen bootlegs. It's better than nothing. And I got my money back which was a nice surprise. Maybe next year?

#51 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Flying Finn @ Aug 20 2012, 02:14 PM)
Unfortunately can't make it.  sad.gif

Well at least I can spoil the setlist in 5.9(?) and watch some youtube vids and listen bootlegs. It's better than nothing. And I got my money back which was a nice surprise. Maybe next year?

Sorry to hear the bad news!  At least you got your $$ back for next time!  Hope to see you "sometime down the road"

trink39.gif  

cheer.gif  common001.gif  653.gif  

#52 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Shifty @ Aug 17 2012, 04:46 AM)

2.gif  2.gif

There is a pretty large group of Chicago Rush fans having a meet-up in a restaurant near the venue. Let me know if you would like the information.
This is the first time in many years that I am not going "home" to see a Rush show. sad.gif

#53 ThinkingBig

ThinkingBig

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1599 posts
  • Interests:Family.

RUSH, movies, books, and politics.

Trying vegatable gardening.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

3 Weeks, baby!!

#54 rashrocks

rashrocks

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

I take the train from La Crosse to Chicago.  Subway to Chinatown - go to Reggies bar.  They give a free bus ride to and from the venue.  Good times!! trink38.gif  

#55 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 24 2012, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (Shifty @ Aug 17 2012, 04:46 AM)

2.gif  2.gif

There is a pretty large group of Chicago Rush fans having a meet-up in a restaurant near the venue. Let me know if you would like the information.
This is the first time in many years that I am not going "home" to see a Rush show. sad.gif

So where's the restaurant in question?  Is it near the
Marriot in the medical district?  

#56 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Come one come all to our RUSH concert Pre-Show Party and Raffle!

Good Eats! Good Drink! Good Friends! Good Fun!

The Beer Bistro: 1061 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL, 312.433.0013

We will be raffling off a piece of RUSH artwork by Jamie Lester (nephew of our good friend Darren Pelphrey) and a Les Paul (Epiphone) donated by our very own Rose McGahey! All proceeds will go to NEIL PEART'S favourite charity, The American Cancer Society!

Raffle tickets will be $4 each or 3 for $10 and subsequent increments! Any donation of $21.12 will receive one additional bonus ticket!

Shuttle service will be available to the United Center!

Please RSVP by Friday, September 7, 2012 so we can properly coordinate with the Bistro!

#57 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Sign me up!!!  Please check my sent PM!

trink39.gif

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

cheer.gif  icon_alienjig.gif  

#58 Shifty

Shifty

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Interests:Prog Rock, Jazz, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Eastbound & Down, Rugby League,

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

Awesome. If aussies are welcome, count me in + 1.  trink39.gif

Do i need to send a pm? I looked for the facebook event page, but couldn't find it. Do you need to be invited? I look forward to meeting everyone.

2.gif  trink39.gif  trink38.gif  pizza.gif  

#59 ZachenFoot

ZachenFoot

The Seeker

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Radio, television, broadcasting, baseball, hockey, music, writing.

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

As a student of Illinois State University in Normal, I'm having a hard time deciding which Chicago "novelty" I should spoil myself with: Chicago pizza or Portillo's tongue.gif

It's not every day Rush comes to town and, unlike the last time they were around, I don't live in Chicago anymore so every thing I do that day needs to make the day special.

Can't wait for next Saturday! 1022.gif  

#60 tripdad

tripdad

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, camping, fishing. Spending time with my teenage triplets.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Looks like the show has sold fairly well.  I just plugged in a single seat best available and it returned section 304 12 rows up!

Anyone get their VIP emails yet?  VIP SWAG?

2.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users