True Or False! Jane's Addiction's Epic Track

True Or False, "Three Days" By Jane's Addiction Is One Of The Most Epic Songs Ever Written.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. True Or False, "Three Days" By Jane's Addiction Is One Of The Most Epic Songs Ever Written.

• TRUE! This song kicks mega ass! Beyond EPIC!
    • FALSE! Perry is a poser and Dave loves boys!! EPIC FAIL!

Amazing track, amazing album, esp that flawless second side.

When I was growing up in the late '70s/early '80s there was always some band that would be proclaimed "The Next Zeppelin" -- Fastway, White Snake, etc., but I always thought the resemblances were only superficial. The first thing I ever heard that made me think "if these guys keep going like this they will be the next Led Zeppelin" was "Three Days." Like Zeppelin, it transcends categories -- is this Alt? Prog? Hard Rock or Metal or none or all? Along with "Then She Did," all-time great headphones tracks. Unfortunately they didn't keep going in that direction.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

When I was growing up in the late '70s/early '80s there was always some band that would be proclaimed "The Next Zeppelin" -- Fastway, White Snake, etc., but I always thought the resemblances were only superficial. The first thing I ever heard that made me think "if these guys keep going like this they will be the next Led Zeppelin" was "Three Days." Like Zeppelin, it transcends categories -- is this Alt? Prog? Hard Rock or Metal or none or all? Along with "Then She Did," all-time great headphones tracks. Unfortunately they didn't keep going in that direction.

Wow! I totally agree! "Led Addiction." Jane's Zeppelin"

Funny how you mention Whitesnake. I remember when Plant sued Coverdale for the "Still Of The Night" video with Sykes on the guitar with a bow. Or was it Adrian Vandenberg by then?

Both guitar players RULE.

I love that you mention FASTWAY. What a great first two albums. S/T and "ALL FIRED UP!" Sadly they went POP.

The lead singer is now in Flogging Molly! Crazy!

As for the next Led Zep, don't forget about Lenny Wolf and his band KINGDOM COME!!!

As for the next Led Zep, don't forget about Lenny Wolf and his band KINGDOM COME!!!

I actually have that on vinyl.

It's mint. Played it once, which was one time too many. :laughing guy:

• Like 2

I actually have that on vinyl.

It's mint. Played it once, which was one time too many. :laughing guy:

HAHAHAHA!!! I rarely play it too!

Dude! I went to Monsters Of Rock in San Francisco. It was at Candlestick Park.

It was

Kingdom Come

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Hagar

I couldn't believe it man. Kingdom Come sucked. Sadly Dokken was horrific live.

The Scorpions blew fuckking shit VAN HAGAR OUT OF THE BAY!!!!!!!!

Wait maybe Metallica was the headliner. I'm having a senior moment.

Holy shit! My memory is still excellent!

It went

Kingdom Come

Metallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Hagar

The Scorpions blew them ALL AWAY!!!!!!!!!! 1988!!! Fukk Kirk Gibson and the Dodgers! LOL Ruined my life. Can you tell?

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/us/news/editorial/b/3d/b3d6da20da2c20ce221234545cb3ccc2.jpeg

It went

Kingdom Come

Metallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Hagar

The Scorpions blew them ALL AWAY!!!!!!!!!! 1988!!! Fukk Kirk Gibson and the Dodgers! LOL Ruined my life. Can you tell?

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/us/news/editorial/b/3d/b3d6da20da2c20ce221234545cb3ccc2.jpeg

I OFFICALLY HATE YOU! LOL!

I was 20 years old.

I remember crying the f***ing street with a beer in hand. I took my beer bottle and I smashed it into a million pieces.

I am SCARRED FOR LIFE!

Hey! Another band I love ROSE TATTOO!!!!!

WHAT RHYMES WITH TATTOO?

OH YEAH! FUKK YOU!

It went

Kingdom Come

Metallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Hagar

I was 20 years old.

I remember crying the f***ing street with a beer in hand. I took my beer bottle and I smashed it into a million pieces.

I am SCARRED FOR LIFE!

WHAT RHYMES WITH TATTOO?

OH YEAH! FUKK YOU!

:laughing guy:

In additon to loving the A's, I'm a Dodgers fan, so I was loving the mythical Gibson HR. The stuff of Hollywood!

It went

Kingdom Come

Metallica

Dokken

Scorpions

Van Hagar

I was 20 years old.

I am SCARRED FOR LIFE!

WHAT RHYMES WITH TATTOO?

OH YEAH! FUKK YOU!

:laughing guy:

In additon to loving the A's, I'm a Dodgers fan, so I was loving the mythical Gibson HR. The stuff of Hollywood!

Good Lord! It is Hollywood. I mean a THE TOWER OF TERROR!!!! LOL!

I love the Dodgers now though. I'm a big Puig fan. Also I love it when the Dodgers crush the overrated Giants!

• Like 1

Hey, do you remember when Diamond Head were going to be the next Led Zeppelin?

All they're remembered for now is the fact that Lars Ulrich likes them! :wtf:

• Like 1

I like the song and it is somewhat epic, but until I see hundreds of people watching the band through periscope to see them perform it night after night 35 years after it was released, I will not consider it one of the most epic tracks of all time.

I like the song and it is somewhat epic, but until I see hundreds of people watching the band through periscope to see them perform it night after night 35 years after it was released, I will not consider it one of the most epic tracks of all time.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 1

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

DITTO.......

Jane's Addiction is great. My 3000th post! Edited by Super25Smasher