Geddy Is Hot: Mk.II

Jaye

10172843_10203919295890614_754791851169047895_n.jpg

Let me get in on that action, boys! :drool:

:geddy: "Look, if we're going to take this picture, you're definitely going to have to have your guitar in front of you."

Ugh how does Geddy stay so trim. This picture is like what? 20 years old (?) and he still has a nice waist like that. I want to know what his diet secrets are.

I think this picture was taken around the time of Vapor Trails (I have the magazine somewhere...trying to hunt it down to confirm). So, it's not quite 20 years old, but that would make it about 12 years old. So, yeah....he's still slim and trim. I usually hate people who are naturally slim like that, but in this case I am quite happy about it. :drool:

I know that Geddy is a runner, plus he and his wife were pretty big into cycling for a while. I'm sure he has a personal trainer and all that stuff so he stays healthy. Whatever it is, I am glad he does it! :yes:

Yeah I was second guessing myself with the 20 years thing. I hate naturally skinny people too, and while I don't hate Geddy I hate that he's so naturally skinny because one of these days I'm going to take a pic next to him and I want to be much smaller. But it's hard for me because I've always, always, always carried extra pounds on my frame.

And yes, he does have a personal trainer? Have you ever seen the video at the end of Beyond The Lighted Stage? "Dinner with Rush In A Hunting Lodge"? He and Alex talk about how Alex has hired his personal trainer. I'd be able to hire a personal trainer as well if I weren't going to so many Rush concerts all of the time.

• Like 2

:geddy: "Look, if we're going to take this picture, you're definitely going to have to have your guitar in front of you."

Ugh how does Geddy stay so trim. This picture is like what? 20 years old (?) and he still has a nice waist like that. I want to know what his diet secrets are.

I think this picture was taken around the time of Vapor Trails (I have the magazine somewhere...trying to hunt it down to confirm). So, it's not quite 20 years old, but that would make it about 12 years old. So, yeah....he's still slim and trim. I usually hate people who are naturally slim like that, but in this case I am quite happy about it. :drool:

I know that Geddy is a runner, plus he and his wife were pretty big into cycling for a while. I'm sure he has a personal trainer and all that stuff so he stays healthy. Whatever it is, I am glad he does it! :yes:

Yeah I was second guessing myself with the 20 years thing. I hate naturally skinny people too, and while I don't hate Geddy I hate that he's so naturally skinny because one of these days I'm going to take a pic next to him and I want to be much smaller. But it's hard for me because I've always, always, always carried extra pounds on my frame.

And yes, he does have a personal trainer? Have you ever seen the video at the end of Beyond The Lighted Stage? "Dinner with Rush In A Hunting Lodge"? He and Alex talk about how Alex has hired his personal trainer. I'd be able to hire a personal trainer as well if I weren't going to so many Rush concerts all of the time.

Yes, I have seen that video. I also read an interview with him not too long ago where he talks about having a personal trainer and following a very strict diet so he can stay healthy and preserve his voice on the road. He also mentioned that he felt like he could have kept touring another couple of months at the end of the last tour, where the other two guys were done and ready to go home. Whatever he is doing, it's working!!

The guitar kept this from becoming an unfortunate Dirxst post. :scared:

• Like 1

Or fortunate depending on how you look at it... lol

The only Dirxst I like is the one with me being the filling in between. :cool:

• Like 1

Oh like one of those cream pies? hehehe.

Oh like one of those cream pies? hehehe.

I almost said "The only Dirxst I like is the one where I am the cream filling," but I decided against it. :LOL:

• Like 1

I always have to wonder if Geddy read some of this what he would say to us.
  • Like 1

I'd just put a finger to his lips "Shhhhh, baby. Just relax and go with it." :LOL:

• Like 1

I'd just put a finger to his lips "Shhhhh, baby. Just relax and go with it." :LOL:

Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyy. :blush:

• Like 1

I just have this vision of him going "Gangster, we are both married, and you're young enough to be my daughter, hell, you're younger than my son, knock this nonsense of this minute."

I just have this vision of him going "Gangster, we are both married, and you're young enough to be my daughter, hell, you're younger than my son, knock this nonsense of this minute."

Well, I'm older than his son by a couple of years, plus I'm single. So, he's only down to one valid argument with me. :LOL:

• Like 1

For me, I'd be like "my husband wouldn't care, & he's 20 years older than me. Some ladies like it that way" ;)

Yes, I have seen that video. I also read an interview with him not too long ago where he talks about having a personal trainer and following a very strict diet so he can stay healthy and preserve his voice on the road. He also mentioned that he felt like he could have kept touring another couple of months at the end of the last tour, where the other two guys were done and ready to go home. Whatever he is doing, it's working!!

Didn't Alex say something in an interview about how Geddy stays so slim is just good genetics? I would imagine the personal trainer thing is a fairly recent thing. He's always been thin, almost painfully so when he was young. Of course they all were very thin when they were young but Geddy has kept it off, and that's probably somewhat due to him being really active.

• Like 1

10011371_539919306129080_4131671013080086522_n.jpg

Oh wow you have been holding out on us.

• Like 1

10011371_539919306129080_4131671013080086522_n.jpg

Oh wow you have been holding out on us.

Oh, my friend...I just found this today! I wasn't holding out in this case ;)

• Like 1

Found this browsing Google Images. How the heck does he still jump like this?

http://photos.famouswiki.com/g/geddy-lee-15382/gallery/geddy-lee-578928.jpg

It's his powers of awesomeness, me thinks :)

• Like 2

Found this browsing Google Images. How the heck does he still jump like this?

http://photos.famouswiki.com/g/geddy-lee-15382/gallery/geddy-lee-578928.jpg

Geddy is 30 years older than me and the first time I saw Rush I was probably in the best shape of my life. Not to say that I was in the greatest shape that I could be but I could do things like run a 5.5-6.0 pace on the treadmill all the way through Headlong Flight while singing. Before Rush shows I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do anything unhealthy, I chug water while I'm getting ready and have a healthy and light dinner. During the shows I've never had more than a couple of sips of beer from my husband's beer, and I drink water the whole time. I do this because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to keep up with the boys. Geddy is one of the fittest men I have ever been around, you wouldn't expect it because of his age, and maybe even his size, he's obviously healthy but not really muscular or anything like that but my God he kicks my butt, I'm the one trying to keep up with him, singing, dancing with whoever I'm with. He's so awesome to watch.

• Like 3

Geddy Lee, what's it like being you?

Geddy's a very humble man, so I will answer for him:

It's BLOODY AMAZING! :haz: :haz:

What would be even more amazing would be me WITH Geddy Lee, but that's another topic all together. :P

• Like 1

I'm watching Exit...Stage Left right now. I find it so depressing that I can't begin to tell you. Honest. After watching this, I'm going to pop in the Grace Under Pressure DVD. That's even more depressing. They were all at the height of their good looks then. In my opinion. I used to love the pony-tail Geddy, but after watching the GUP Geddy... :wub: . Pictures from that time period do no justice to any of them.

Why do I find it depressing? Their energy and vitality are gone as well as those young good looks. No wonder why I loved Peter Pan as a little girl. Who wants to get old?

• Like 1