The Cleveland Browns...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Gordon—1 yr suspension!

Hopefully he can pull a Ryan Braun

At least it wasnt performance enhancing.....or is it?

Gordon—1 yr suspension!

I haven't heard any details, and I've been watching the draft all night.

Gordon—1 yr suspension!

Apparently Browns brass has known about it for a while......... ESPN just found out. Im sure he will challenge it, hopefully can get it reduced to 8 games or something

Gordon—1 yr suspension!

Apparently Browns brass has known about it for a while......... ESPN just found out. Im sure he will challenge it, hopefully can get it reduced to 8 games or something

I've been watching NFLN. They didn't even say for sure it was a season.

Mark this down. Connor Shaw is the starting QB for the Browns sometime this season.

I was hoping we would draft him, but I guess signing him after the draft is just as good

The Cleveland Browns and Johnny Manziel have been an item for only a week, and already the tales of how they connected have taken on the aura of myth and legend. First, we had the draft night tale of Browns owner Jimmy Haslam taking the advice of a homeless man to draft Manziel. Next, we had the question of whether Manziel will be a backup (yeah, right) when he arrives in Cleveland. And now this: Manziel apparently texted the Browns from the green room on draft night asking Cleveland to draft him.

Cleveland quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains gave an Arkansas radio station the details.

“We’re sitting there and they keep showing Johnny on TV, and Johnny and I are texting," Loggains said. "And he shoots me a text and he says, ‘I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together.’”

Now, we could translate "wreck this league" in any number of ways, but Loggains took it in the most positive way possible.

“When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner and to the head coach [Mike Pettine]," he said. "I’m like, ‘This guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.’ As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, ‘Pull the trigger. We’re trading up to go get this guy.”’

Loggains offered up some other enticing tidbits: the Browns tried to work deals with Tennessee for the 11th pick and Dallas for the 16th. They also believed Kansas City was preparing to take Manziel at 23 if they hadn't grabbed him.

Do you believe the story? Do you believe Manziel really wanted to go to Cleveland?

Sure, why not? Manziel damn sure throws himself into whatever endeavor he's involved in, whether it's game day or nightlife. Cleveland's going to have a lot of fun with this guy ... interesting times, regardless.

“When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner and to the head coach [Mike Pettine]," he said. "I’m like, ‘This guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.’ As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, ‘Pull the trigger. We’re trading up to go get this guy.”’

Sounds like a great way to run a team. :wacko:

Do you believe Manziel really wanted to go to to Cleveland?

I believe that Manziel wanted to go as early as possible in the first round, because that is the way to get the most money in a rookie contract. He couldn't care less about where he plays.

• Like 1

Do you believe Manziel really wanted to go to to Cleveland?

I believe that Manziel wanted to go as early as possible in the first round, because that is the way to get the most money in a rookie contract. He couldn't care less about where he plays.

He knew the Browns were the only team left likely to draft him in round one by that point.

Sounds like a great way to run a team. :wacko:

I like the idea of them getting draft advice from a wino. :16ton:

Watch out Browns fans, Manziel was just drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 20th round.

Ordinarily, there wouldn't be much to worry about, but San Diego IS the closest American city to Tijuana.

• Like 3

Josh Gordon arrested for DWI in North Carolina

BrzTgESCIAM7Rc_.jpg

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 5, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT

When Josh Gordon has his suspension hearing later this month, he’ll apparently have some fresh material to talk to the NFL about.

According to Matt Anderson of WKYC in Cleveland, the Browns wide receiver has been arrested for DWI in Raleigh, N.C.

The mugshot is here, though there are few details of the arrest.

Gordon was likely looking at a lengthy suspension anyway, and at this point, it’s reasonable to wonder if he’ll play again at all.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Top

Josh Gordon arrested for DWI in North Carolina

BrzTgESCIAM7Rc_.jpg

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 5, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT

When Josh Gordon has his suspension hearing later this month, he’ll apparently have some fresh material to talk to the NFL about.

According to Matt Anderson of WKYC in Cleveland, the Browns wide receiver has been arrested for DWI in Raleigh, N.C.

The mugshot is here, though there are few details of the arrest.

Gordon was likely looking at a lengthy suspension anyway, and at this point, it’s reasonable to wonder if he’ll play again at all.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Top

FML

Browns “disappointed to learn” about Josh Gordon’s DWI

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 5, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/15353425-mmmain-e1404595422790.jpg?w=183

The Browns said about all there is to be said about troubled wide receiver Josh Gordon after his DWI arrest this morning.

“We are aware of the matter and are disappointed to learn of the situation,” Browns general Ray Farmer said in a statement, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “We will comment further at the appropriate time.”

The Browns can’t say they’re surprised, not after realizing he’d miss most if not all of this season after his latest failed drug test.

But this is a separate issue, since he was endangering others.

Gordon was stopped in Raleigh, N.C. around 3 a.m. Saturday, and charged with driving while impaired. He was jailed, but has already bonded out.

The Browns knew he couldn’t be counted on this year, and brought in free agents Andrew Hawkins, Nate Burleson and Anthony Armstrong. They had the chance to draft a star wideout such as Sammy Watkins, but passed on that opportunity.

“We have to build a football team that can win regardless of who is missing,” Farmer said in May. “I think that’s the charge that we have. That’s my job, that’s coach [Mike] Pettine’s job is to prepare this football team to win games regardless of who’s missing.”

If they ever thought they’d get Gordon back, they have to know today’s arrest makes it a little less likely.

Unless of course they were already resigned to that.