The Cleveland Browns...

Presto-a RUSH fan!

The Niner's were turrible for nearly a decade. Giving up Harbaugh for draft picks basically is rebooting again and purging salary, which makes no sense moving into a new stadium.

Al Davis traded Gruden for 8 million bucks and draft picks! "NOTHING'S SHOCKING!"

Love,

Jane's Addiction

Al Davis would have sold his mother and his daughter and baby granddaughter for a burned-out quarterback and a speed merchant wideout with hands of stone!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Browns unveiling “cutting-edge” uniforms next year

Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2014, 3:31 PM EST

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/browns.jpg?w=230

It’s been known for a year that the Browns will unveil new uniforms next year. Beyond owner Jimmy Haslam explaining that the helmets won’t change, details have been scant.

On Tuesday, Browns president Alec Scheiner provided an update on the process, which will culminate on the sheet being pulled off the new uniforms right before the 2015 draft.

“We’ll have cutting-edge uniforms that link back to our history,” Scheiner told Bull & Fox of 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland on Tuesday. “I’m really excited about our direction. We’ve been working with the NFL and Nike for almost a year now. We have another year until we roll out our uniforms. I’d be very surprised if our fans don’t love our new-look uniforms.”

The Browns will become at least the sixth team to undergo a significant redesign since the NFL partnered with Nike in 2012. Two of the new uniforms (Jaguars and Buccaneers) are not attractive. The Seahawks’ uniforms looked iffy at first; stellar play since the helmets, jerseys, and pants were unveiled has caused most to warm up to the duds. The Vikings’ new uniforms amounted to an upgrade, notwithstanding the too-trendy matte finish on the helmet and the unconventional numbers. The Dolphins’ had a dramatic logo overhaul as part of a more subtle shift in the overall uniform.

If the Browns plan to link back to their history, there’s not much of a uniform history to link back to. When the team was initially founded, the numbers had a shadowing effect, which was trendy about 20 years ago — and which could mean it’s time for it to become trendy again. The uniform hasn’t changed that much since then, with periodic orange pants and brown pants and at one point an ill-advised orange jersey.

In the interim, Browns fans who have set aside the funds to buy a new jersey in 2014 may want to wait to make the purchase until next year.

For Browns fans, waiting until next year has pretty much become a way of life.

okay browns fans-

Which QB would you like to see us draft?

Who do you want?

Johnny Football

Honestly, I would be okay if we didnt go QB, and traded for more picks. Hoyer could be solid. I would be okay with not drafting a QB and signing Cousins, and maybe just seeing if Hoyer or Cousins works out

okay browns fans-

Who do you want?

Johnny Football

Honestly, I would be okay if we didnt go QB, and traded for more picks. Hoyer could be solid. I would be okay with not drafting a QB and signing Cousins, and maybe just seeing if Hoyer or Cousins works out

You've got 10 picks already!

Apparently the Browns new regime don't favour Manziel and didn't interview him at the Combine, might be a smokescreen though.

okay browns fans-

Who do you want?

Johnny Football

Apparently the Browns new regime don't favour Manziel and didn't interview him at the Combine, might be a smokescreen though.

Well, not necessarily for more picks, but find a way to get more 1st and 2nd rounders. Trade out #4 overall and a 4th rounder for someone elses high first and second.

I honestly believe this draft is deep, we have many needs

I like Bortles, but I dont think he is worthy of a top 5 pick. Bridgewater is who Im scared of. Ive been underwhelmed while watching him play against crappy college defenses. Id rather sign Vick and save the pick than get bridgewater

okay browns fans-

Who do you want?

Johnny Football

Well, not necessarily for more picks, but find a way to get more 1st and 2nd rounders. Trade out #4 overall and a 4th rounder for someone elses high first and second.

I honestly believe this draft is deep, we have many needs

I like Bortles, but I dont think he is worthy of a top 5 pick. Bridgewater is who Im scared of. Ive been underwhelmed while watching him play against crappy college defenses. Id rather sign Vick and save the pick than get bridgewater

I heard a rumour the Browns were gonna give up two first rounders for Jimmy Graham! ;)

This draft is deep with all the juniors declaring...

I saw this video yesterday about cornerback draft prospects, this guy listed about 30 and they all sounded pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH9Q7qjF2M

Browns cut Brandon Weeden

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/brandonweedendetriotlionsvclevlandbrowns1wfhp3rhlx7l.jpg?w=250

Brandon Weeden’s days in Cleveland have come to an end, officially.

The Browns announced on Wednesday afternoon that Weeden has been released.

Weeden, a first-round draft pick in 2012, has been a major disappointment while playing for a dysfunctional Browns franchise. He was a disappointment as a 15-game starter his rookie year and was every bit as bad in his second season, in 2013, when both Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell were more effective running the Browns’ offense than Weeden was.

Although the Jaguars were able to finagle a sixth-round pick from the 49ers for Blaine Gabbert, Weeden wouldn’t even attract that kind of compensation. The Browns won’t get anything for him.

Now the question is whether Weeden can catch on anywhere else. Some team might let him compete for a backup job, but just two years after he was a first-round draft pick, it’s entirely possible that Weeden has thrown his last NFL pass.

Browns release Jason Campbell, too

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/campbell.jpg?w=238

The Factory of Sadness has made Browns fans a little more happy by firing a pair of key assembly line workers.

First it was Brandon Weeden, a failed first-round pick in 2012 who desperately wanted out. Now, it’s veteran Jason Campbell, who was due to be paid a $250,000 roster bonus if still on the team after 4:00 p.m. ET Wednesday.

The team has announced that Campbell has indeed been cut.

Campbell, a first-round pick of Washington in 2005, started eight games last year, losing seven. But he has shown that he can still be a competent backup quarterback, and he should get an opportunity to land on a depth chart somewhere — especially since there aren’t 32-times-three competent quarterbacks to go around.

The only quarterback currently on the roster are Brian Hoyer and Alex Tanney. Look for that to change soon, possibly with the acquisition of long-time Kyle Shanahan pupil Rex Grossman.]

Edited by treeduck

Browns release Jason Campbell, too

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/campbell.jpg?w=238

The Factory of Sadness has made Browns fans a little more happy by firing a pair of key assembly line workers.

First it was Brandon Weeden, a failed first-round pick in 2012 who desperately wanted out. Now, it’s veteran Jason Campbell, who was due to be paid a $250,000 roster bonus if still on the team after 4:00 p.m. ET Wednesday.

The team has announced that Campbell has indeed been cut.

Campbell, a first-round pick of Washington in 2005, started eight games last year, losing seven. But he has shown that he can still be a competent backup quarterback, and he should get an opportunity to land on a depth chart somewhere — especially since there aren’t 32-times-three competent quarterbacks to go around.

The only quarterback currently on the roster are Brian Hoyer and Alex Tanney. Look for that to change soon, possibly with the acquisition of long-time Kyle Shanahan pupil Rex Grossman.]

Grossman? :LOL:

Browns didn’t leak their free-agent board

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/browns1.jpg?w=250

Several of you (actually, more than several) have pointed out a photo taken at the Browns’ facility and placed on Reddit and ultimately Twitter. Since many more than several of you will continue to point out the photo until we address it, here goes.

The photo shows handwriting that identifies various teams followed by the last names of certain players. Some believe it’s the team’s “free-agent big board.”

It’s not, according to the team.

A Browns spokesman told PFT that the list is maintained by employees of the team website’s video department. Based only on external reporting and speculation and not on actual information from the football operations, the employees keep a list of players for whom video needs to be ready in the event a visit or a signing with the Browns occurs.

The explanation makes sense. The list has no organization or ranking. It’s just names, without regard to position or priority.

The visible names are “Verner” (cornerback Alterraun, who signed with the Bucs), “Tate” (running back Ben, who has visited the Browns), “Revis” (cornerback Darrelle, now a free agent), “Carroll” (cornerback Nolan), “Moats” (linebacker Arthur), “Grossman” (quarterback Rex), “Hawkins” (receiver Andrew), and “Edelman” (receiver Julian).

Other names are obscured, but it looks like no more than 12 appear. Surely, that’s not every player the Browns are considering in free agency.

So it’s much ado about nothing. But we’re not inclined to complain whenever there’s a topic about which there’s much ado. Even if our role is merely to say there’s nothing to see.

Edited by treeduck

"Factory of Sadness". Yup. Funny but depressingly accurate. I grew up a fanatical Browns fan but lost my religion in '95 (not that I follow another team, I just remain betrayed and sullen). I try to like the new version -- I follow them and watch them when I can -- but it's not the same. And it's not just the results. The New Browns uniforms have always been different and thus not right. Now they're going to go to "cutting edge" uniforms. F*ck. How about they go back to the definitive Browns unis, most recently worn '85-'95? With the white jerseys they were the best uniforms in football. Instead we're going to get a Nike roller derby disaster. Maybe it's better as they'll stop pretending the new team has anything to do with the old beyond the name and location.

That all said, if the organizational leadership pulled they're head out of their *ss and allowed the players to become a winning franchise again, I could forget my sweet/sour memories of promise and heartbreak delivered year in and year out by the old team and embrace the new team. I hope they get Clowney.

Edited by Rutlefan

"Factory of Sadness". Yup. Funny but depressingly accurate. I grew up a fanatical Browns fan but lost my religion in '95 (not that I follow another team, I just remain betrayed and sullen). I try to like the new version -- I follow them and watch them when I can -- but it's not the same. And it's not just the results. The New Browns uniforms have always been different and thus not right. Now they're going to go to "cutting edge" uniforms. F*ck. How about they go back to the definitive Browns unis, most recently worn '85-'95? With the white jerseys they were the best uniforms in football. Instead we're going to get a Nike roller derby disaster. Maybe it's better as they'll stop pretending the new team has anything to do with the old beyond the name and location.

That all said, if the organizational leadership pulled they're head out of their *ss and allowed the players to become a winning franchise again, I could forget my sweet/sour memories of promise and heartbreak delivered year in and year out by the old team and embrace the new team. I hope they get Clowney.

I wished the NFL/ Cleveland ownership group didn't except the "generosity" ? :eyeroll: of Art Modell to let Cleveland retain the team name. Should've just retired Browns and kept the heritage & rich history to the record books. Start a new, cause the reborn 1999 edition never has proven worthy yet to earn the right to carry the legacy of the distant past glory of the REAL Cleveland Browns.

The Browns were one of only 2 teams who didn't go to Johnny Manziel's pro day (the other was the Bears). They must have decided Johnny Football isn't very good at football. I would have thought that since they need a quarterback very badly they would keep their options open, but there you go.

The Browns were one of only 2 teams who didn't go to Johnny Manziel's pro day (the other was the Bears). They must have decided Johnny Football isn't very good at football. I would have thought that since they need a quarterback very badly they would keep their options open, but there you go.

I read somewhere duck that the Browns plan on conducting private interviews with the top QB contenders Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles.. I don't think they attended any of those QB tryouts. Latest on Cleveland sports radio is there in least favor of Bridgewater and more in favor of Blake Bortles then Johnny football.... But what do they know, it's all just endless speculation.. :huh: Edited by softfilter

I read somewhere duck that the Browns plan on conducting private interviews with the top QB contenders Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles.. I don't think they attended any of those QB tryouts. Latest on Cleveland sports radio is there in least favor of Bridgewater and more in favor of Blake Bortles then Johnny football.... But what do they know, it's all just endless speculation.. :huh:

Who do you like, or would you not pick any of these guys, maybe you favour Carr or Grappola?

I read somewhere duck that the Browns plan on conducting private interviews with the top QB contenders Manziel, Bridgewater, Bortles.. I don't think they attended any of those QB tryouts. Latest on Cleveland sports radio is there in least favor of Bridgewater and more in favor of Blake Bortles then Johnny football.... But what do they know, it's all just endless speculation.. :huh:

Who do you like, or would you not pick any of these guys, maybe you favour Carr or Grappola?

Honestly at this point... I don't know. :P Every week they bring in the" experts" on WKNR Cleveland Browns daily radio talk show and heard plus & minus of all the top three contenders and there analysis the Browns should or shouldn't draft. I favored Derek Carr early on, and i just read he's going have a private work out for the Browns Monday. I'm tired of the guess work , I just hope to God they don't screw this up...

Honestly at this point... I don't know. :P Every week they bring in the" experts" on WKNR Cleveland Browns daily radio talk show and heard plus & minus of all the top three contenders and there analysis the Browns should or shouldn't draft. I favored Derek Carr early on, and i just read he's going have a private work out for the Browns Monday. I'm tired of the guess work , I just hope to God they don't screw this up...

You know they will! :LOL:

• Like 1

As if Browns fans haven't suffered enough...

1509817_10152401402889171_8014312755898569684_n.jpg

When I saw you had recently posted in this thread, I knew what you were posting about before I even clicked the link........................

Well Ill try and put a posative spin on it, Hoyer is out, we dont have anyone who can throw a football at minicamp. Thigpen and Young can throw, we can cut them before start of season. He

As if Browns fans haven't suffered enough...

1509817_10152401402889171_8014312755898569684_n.jpg

When I saw you had recently posted in this thread, I knew what you were posting about before I even clicked the link........................

Well Ill try and put a posative spin on it, Hoyer is out, we dont have anyone who can throw a football at minicamp. Thigpen and Young can throw, we can cut them before start of season. He

Of all the mistakes the Fins have made, signing VY isn't one of them. So I've got to take my shots when I can.