Weed and Rush...

QUOTE (test4eggroll @ Jul 26 2010, 07:36 PM)
This is my ritual before shows which doesnt force my bad behaviors on to others. When I see rush at an indoor venue I will go into the upper bowl of the stadium as far back as i can where no one is sitting. I will smoke there before the show and then again at intermission. No one sees me or smells me. At outdoor shows I will go out onto the lawn and walk back and forth across the lawn while smoking or else use a portapotty. Again no one is forced to smell or see anything. While im at my seat i dont smoke. usually i get fairly decent seats up close and security is very visible.

Probably improves the ambience in the Port-A-Potty. Then again, that's one place where you do NOT want your senses enhanced.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 22 2010, 11:04 AM)
It's a flower touched by flame.......  cool10.gif

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

it IS!

omG, tangy, thanks for that!

i never heard it that way before new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

i believe there is a time [and a place] for everything under the sun. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 26 2010, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (test4eggroll @ Jul 26 2010, 07:36 PM)
This is my ritual before shows which doesnt force my bad behaviors on to others.  When I see rush at an indoor venue I will go into the upper bowl of the stadium as far back as i can where no one is sitting.  I will smoke there before the show and then again at intermission.  No one sees me or smells me.  At outdoor shows I will go out onto the lawn and walk back and forth across the lawn while smoking or else use a portapotty.  Again no one is forced to smell or see anything.  While im at my seat i dont smoke.  usually i get fairly decent seats up close and security is very visible.

Probably improves the ambience in the Port-A-Potty. Then again, that's one place where you do NOT want your senses enhanced.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 26 2010, 04:34 PM)

And some people are randomly drug-tested at work. Some stoner's disregard for people around him could seriously f*ck things up for someone else with the secondhand smoke.

My employer doesn't do this, however, my previous one did.

You can not inhale enough second hand smoke to test positive no.gif

Give me a break wacko.gif

This is true. My boss, who is also my friend, used to be in charge of Human Resources and told me that almost everyone who failed a drug test would say that it was from a contact high, and blame it on concerts or they were at a party.

BULLSHIT!!! While yes, you can get a contact high... you can NOT get high enough from one to test positive. It can NOT happen. It will never be accepted as an excuse for testing positive, so don't be an idiot and even try to blame it on being around people smoking. You can't even test positive from rare smoking. It needs to be on a consistant basis. TRUST ME. I was tested two days after having smoked to the point of being stoned and it didn't come up positive, because I rarely do it, AND I drink a ton of water all the time.

As for this bullshit about how pot makes some so delusional and paranoid, it's not the pot. It's the person. It's only bringing out characteristics that are already prevalent in you. It doesn't somehow transform you into a different person. For those of you (GeddyRulz) that start getting schitzoid on it... i'm betting you're kinda schitzoid to begin with and when under the influence, it comes out more, that's all.

I've never been one to fall for the excuse that the beer, or the pot made you do something you would never have done sober. Maybe sober you may have been able to control the urge better... but it was still there. I drink and I smoke pot on occassions. I've never acted or done anything differently than I normally would. Maybe to a greater degree... but I don't get violent on booze or weed, cuz i'm not a violent guy. I don't get angry when I drink or smoke, cuz i'm not an angry guy. I get sillier when i drink and get high... cuz yeah... i'm a silly guy. Occassionally i get a wee bit paranoid, cuz in reality... i'm a wee bit paranoid. Drink and smoke just enhance what's already in there. It doesn't create some kind of monster. If it does... the monster was already there and you couldn't control it, so you shouldn't have been drinking or smoking. Simple as that.

And you idiots that bring CHILDREN to rock concerts... it's YOUR fault if your kid gets a contact high. Don't be an asshole. Leave your rugrats at home. While someone smoking should have respect if some asshole has their child there, it's STILL not their fault that you put your kid at risk. Let your kid play in traffic and who's to blame if they get hit by a car? C'mon... if you think pot doesn't exist at a RUSH concert, you need your head examined.

Oh so I guess I am an asshole because I am taking my son to a Rush concert?

Get a grip. [/quote]
Pretty much. yes.gif

People go to an ADULT concert to have a good time. People who bring their rugrats are selfish and have no right bitching about adult things happening around their kid.

I'm 6'5" tall and have unfortunately been at shows where someone brought their little kids. You feel as though you have to look out for them during the crush and movement of the crowd, instead of just enjoying yourself. All because some idiot couldn't get a babysitter or thought it would be "oh so cute" to bring a kid to a concert they couldn't give a rat's ass about anyway.

If someone MY size falls on your kid, or obscures their view... you better be prepared to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, cuz it was YOU who put your kid in jeopordy in the first place. And if people are having a good time at a concert and happen to light up... it was YOU who put your little kid in that situation, so again... keep your mouth shut about it.

Saying that pot is illegal isn't an excuse either. Yeah, it is. Gotcha. But YOU know it's gonna happen at a concert and YOU know that your kid shouldn't be there. It's not the concert goers that are wrong. It's YOU. I never brought my kids to an adult rock show until they were in their later teens. And even then, if anything was going on that was inappropriate for them, I at least understood that it was MY responsibility to either move them, or get them out of there. It was NOT my job to bitch at the other concert goers, who were there to have a good time.

I personally think bringing a kid to a concert is abusive. Too much could happen at a ROCK show to a little kid. Why don't you just take your kid downtown to a bar and then over to a whore house while you're at it. IDIOT.

You don't have a clue.

A Rush show is a violent place...oh yes.....40 something year old men rushing the stage, getting into fights.

You have no f***ing clue what you are talking about. If Rush had a mivie rating it would be PG.

Would I take my kid to any other rock concert at this age? No.

For you to make a blanket statement about brining your child to a rock concert without regard to who is performing and what kind of crowd will be present is just plain ignorant.

I don't care about the pot smoking,drinking or any of that. I am not one of those who brings a kid to a Rush show and complains about other peoples doings. YOu go to a an NFL game or MLB game or even NHL game and the place is crawling with kids, infants (those people are nuts) but you see people drunk out of their skull and believe me, high as a kite on weed.

ABUSIVE? YOU ARE NUTS. DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS?

I am simply sharing the experience with my son.

Selfish? Get a f***ing grip you jackass.

Any the fact you go on here and call people who are very good parents assholes and abusive!!! My goodness. Get with the program. More and more of us long time hardcore Rush fans are bringing our kids to shows to share in the joy and most of you f*cks who need to act like 16 year olds are getting fewer and fewer. In fact most of the actual 13-18 old kids I see at Rush shows have it together. It's the dumb asses like you who feel the need to party like it's 1999 and relive your youth I see making complete asses out of yourselves. I am all for having a few beers, smoking some weed and having a good time. But to get so f*cked up that it could lead to violence or knocking people over? It's those that are far and few at Rush shows (at least all the shows I have seen in my life).

Too bad for you that you have endure 3 hours of a great concert with some kids around you.

Get used to it at Rush shows. Because it is becoming more and more common. Since most of the shows contain grown ups who actually have kids and want to share this band with them.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 26 2010, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 26 2010, 04:56 PM)
My son is huge Rush junkie he is almost 6 years old and plays the drums. Really he plays the drums. Why? Rush. I won't deny him what might be one of maybe 2 times he will ever see this band if they decide to hang it up after the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Because some people think it's wrong?

f**k all of them. My kid, my life, my choice.

When your kid comes home buzzed at six years old, or worse... hurt because someone fell on him, remember that it was YOUR choice.

If I were the other parent of your kid, i'd have you put in jail for child abuse. Kids do NOT belong at concerts. Unless it's age appropriate, and even then, it can be a dangerous situation.

Take your kid. I hope you don't have a problem. But if you do... don't dare bitch to someone that it was THEIR fault. Cuz pal... the blame will solely lie on YOUR shoulders.

wacko.gif

Yeah ok...my kid will get a contact high....sure.

You know nothing. What Rush shows have you been to in the last 20 years that had any type of violence.

For me....ZERO.

Complain?

God you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you put your kid in little league...your putting him in more danger of injury than a rock concert. In fact injury is almost certain in pee wee football, baseball and in soccer I have seen more broken shins and ankles to 6 year olds than at any rock concert. And mind you I am only taking my son (with my wife the other parent) to Rush show. A tame tame place by rock concert standards. Don't generalize the topic with me.

Get a f***ing clue. And while your at it go call HRS on me.

Child abuse....Bwaahhhhh ha ha ha ha. A rush concert is child abuse.

f***ing classic.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 27 2010, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 26 2010, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 26 2010, 04:56 PM)
My son is huge Rush junkie he is almost 6 years old and plays the drums. Really he plays the drums. Why? Rush. I won't deny him what might be one of maybe 2 times he will ever see this band if they decide to hang it up after the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Because some people think it's wrong?

f**k all of them. My kid, my life, my choice.

When your kid comes home buzzed at six years old, or worse... hurt because someone fell on him, remember that it was YOUR choice.

If I were the other parent of your kid, i'd have you put in jail for child abuse. Kids do NOT belong at concerts. Unless it's age appropriate, and even then, it can be a dangerous situation.

Take your kid. I hope you don't have a problem. But if you do... don't dare bitch to someone that it was THEIR fault. Cuz pal... the blame will solely lie on YOUR shoulders.

wacko.gif

Yeah ok...my kid will get a contact high....sure.

You know nothing. What Rush shows have you been to in the last 20 years that had any type of violence.

For me....ZERO.

Complain?

God you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you put your kid in little league...your putting him in more danger of injury than a rock concert. In fact injury is almost certain in pee wee football, baseball and in soccer I have seen more broken shins and ankles to 6 year olds than at any rock concert. And mind you I am only taking my son (with my wife the other parent) to Rush show. A tame tame place by rock concert standards. Don't generalize the topic with me.

Get a f***ing clue. And while your at it go call HRS on me.

Child abuse....Bwaahhhhh ha ha ha ha. A rush concert is child abuse.

f***ing classic.

I have to agree in this case with Todem. It depends on the kid, and it depends on the concert, but Necro, I think you're making too big a deal out of this.

I've been to so-called "family events", such as city-run fireworks displays and concerts, and seen worse behavior than I see at a Rush show. I wouldn't take a kid to a Phish show, or to see some heavy industrial metal thrash band no matter how much they begged to go. Rush is different. (Or maybe the fans are just not as mannerly in your neck of the woods? tongue.gif )

Todem has said his son WANTS to go, and it's because he wants to see the band, not just because he wants to be included in something Mommy and Daddy are doing. It's not because he can't find a sitter. He sounds like he's responsible enough that he'll keep an eye out for untoward behavior and steer clear of it.

Look, I don't even HAVE kids and I'm the first one to roll my eyes and mutter "oh great", when a family with a baby and three toddlers sits down next to me at a restaurant. So it is a little odd for me to be taking the side of a parent here! (That said, if I get stuck with a seat next to one of those entitled parents who brought their hellspawn along because their kids are so precious that they can't bear to leave them at home for 4 hours - I will have NO patience).

Oh, and as far as being a potsmoker's element at a concert? If you light up next to me, you will be putting it out, or moving, or I will tell on you. I hate the smell - it gives me a headache.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 26 2010, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 26 2010, 02:48 PM)
Here's the bottom line boys and girls:

A RUSH show is a purely ADULT endeavor. If they serve liquor consider it and ADULT function and keep your kids as far away from it as humanly possible if you are a responsible parent.

I don't even take my kids to the ballpark anymore due to all the falling down drunks we encounter on the way. I am not even talking about the fuckheads at Wrigley Field!

I didn't even feel comfortable taking my kids to a NASCAR event until they were well into their teens due to well...take your pick. Having to explain why the phrase "I chewed tobaca with yur May" while some shirtless nimrod is hanging all over his sister is considered an inflamatory statement to your 10 year old is a door I prefer not to open. Not just yet.

Go be an adult with adults. If you insist on pushing adult tastes on your children just take them to the bar and proceed to bitch about everyone swearing and punching each other in the face over something you wouldn't let your dog bite.

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Get a f***ing grip.

Leave your kids in bubble why don't ya.

Holy shit people.

Oh I don't [keep my kids in a bubble] believe me. The point of this thread was some bint cryin' about people acting like adults at an adult function that he brings his kids to. You know what to expect so quit your bitchin'. Punch the ticket -- take the ride.

Do what you wish. But when I'm off to the RUSH show I am untucking my nuts and rockin' with my cock out. Do my daughters need to see me in such a state? You make the call.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 26 2010, 03:17 PM)
I don't even take my kids to the ballpark anymore due to all the falling down drunks we encounter on the way. I am not even talking about the fuckheads at Wrigley Field!

There's your problem. Why anyone pays money to go into that shit hole is beyond me.

It's a much more sophisticated crowd at the Cell. biggrin.gif

Believe me Sir when I say I would rather slam my face in the ass-end of a menstrual skunk no less than 50 times before ever setting foot in that place again.

That place and its fandom pisses me off to such an extent I can't help but getting into several fights just trying to get to my seat. Why am I there? To rep me beloved Whitesox of course! And to babysit my Father-in-law.

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jul 27 2010, 08:03 AM)

A RUSH show is a purely ADULT endeavor. If they serve liquor consider it and ADULT function and keep your kids as far away from it as humanly possible if you are a responsible parent.

I didn't even feel comfortable taking my kids to a NASCAR event until they were well into their teens due to well...take your pick. Having to explain why the phrase "I chewed tobaca with yur May" while some shirtless nimrod is hanging all over his sister is considered an inflamatory statement to your 10 year old is a door I prefer not to open. Not just yet.

Go be an adult with adults. If you insist on pushing adult tastes on your children just take them to the bar and proceed to bitch about everyone swearing and punching each other in the face over something you wouldn't let your dog bite.

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Get a f***ing grip.

Holy shit people.

Oh I don't [keep my kids in a bubble] believe me. The point of this thread was some bint cryin' about people acting like adults at an adult function that he brings his kids to. You know what to expect so quit your bitchin'. Punch the ticket -- take the ride.

Do what you wish. But when I'm off to the RUSH show I am untucking my nuts and rockin' with my cock out. Do my daughters need to see me in such a state? You make the call.

Well that is why I go to multiple shows wink.gif

I also believe in the "rock with my cock out" way of seeing Rush my friend. cool.gif

Tampa is boys night out. West Palm I will conduct myslef in the "G" rating style. wink.gif

I would never drag my kid to any adult type activities. I can't stand parents who take toddlers to late night movies, or dinner. It's absurd and it is common place unfortunetly. Most kids under the age of 7 should be in bed by 8:30.

There are exceptions to this rule.

1) Disney/family vacations

2) Rush.

Those are our exceptions for our son who BTW is not your typical 6 year old. He is very well behaved, not a whiny brat, and appreciates and loves over 30 Rush songs that he knows well. If he was a typical 6 year old...he would be staying home.

It's our call as his parents and we are trying it out this leg. If he ends up not liking the experience then he will not go again. If he has a blast, he will be in attendance for the 2011 leg.

Look Necro....I don't like making things personal on a public message board. But your post's are out of line.

Child abuse

Asshole

Come on man. It's Rush.

And I totally agree about any parent who bitches about weed, alcohol and the like at a concert. It's a rock concert and know what your exposing your kid too.

Totally understand that and agree that you have no right to bitch about those things. You know they will be present so take your kid at your own risk.

I ain't gonna bitch.....we are gonna rock.

Edited by Todem

For those of you potheads going to Red Rocks, do yourself a favor: wear the name of your favorite local hospital on a necklace. Smoking is prohibited (thank God) in the seating areas. So, when I ask you to politely put out your skunk weed and you less then politely refuse (even though you'll all claim how conscientious you all are) that previously mentioned hospital is where you'll wake up.

QUOTE (ljr869 @ Jul 27 2010, 12:14 PM)
For those of you potheads going to Red Rocks, do yourself a favor: wear the name of your favorite local hospital on a necklace. Smoking is prohibited (thank God) in the seating areas. So, when I ask you to politely put out your skunk weed and you less then politely refuse (even though you'll all claim how conscientious you all are) that previously mentioned hospital is where you'll wake up.

Skunk weed = Good weed, just sayin I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to put it out. And you should probably wear the name of your favorite local police station on your shirt so you can go there after being charged with battery.

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Jul 27 2010, 10:28 AM)
For those of you potheads going to Red Rocks, do yourself a favor:  wear the name of your favorite local hospital on a necklace.  Smoking is prohibited (thank God) in the seating areas.  So, when I ask you to politely put out your skunk weed and you less then politely refuse (even though you'll all claim how conscientious you all are) that previously mentioned hospital is where you'll wake up.

Skunk weed = Good weed, just sayin I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to put it out. And you should probably wear the name of your favorite local police station on your shirt so you can go there after being charged with battery.

Assault is what that is I do believe... ohmy.gif yes.gif

People who go to Rush shows and are offended by the smell of weed.....need to get over it.

Part of the culture. And if you don't get it....you don't get it.

But the fact remains we are all there for one reason and one reason only.

To see Rush.

What is so difficult about this concept. And where is tolerence of those around you? It's not like people toking up are being rowdy and rude.

It is what it is.

Get over it.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Todem @ Jul 27 2010, 08:54 AM)

I mean get real......

beathorse.gif

Get a f***ing grip.

Holy shit people.

Well that is why I go to multiple shows wink.gif

I also believe in the "rock with my cock out" way of seeing Rush my friend. cool.gif

Tampa is boys night out. West Palm I will conduct myslef in the "G" rating style. wink.gif

I would never drag my kid to any adult type activities. I can't stand parents who take toddlers to late night movies, or dinner. It's absurd and it is common place unfortunetly. Most kids under the age of 7 should be in bed by 8:30.

There are exceptions to this rule.

1) Disney/family vacations

2) Rush.

Those are our exceptions for our son who BTW is not your typical 6 year old. He is very well behaved, not a whiny brat, and appreciates and loves over 30 Rush songs that he knows well. If he was a typical 6 year old...he would be staying home.

It's our call as his parents and we are trying it out this leg. If he ends up not liking the experience then he will not go again. If he has a blast, he will be in attendance for the 2011 leg.

Look Necro....I don't like making things personal on a public message board. But your post's are out of line.

Child abuse

Asshole

Come on man. It's Rush.

And I totally agree about any parent who bitches about weed, alcohol and the like at a concert. It's a rock concert and know what your exposing your kid too.

Totally understand that and agree that you have no right to bitch about those things. You know they will be present so take your kid at your own risk.

I ain't gonna bitch.....we are gonna rock.

I totally agree with you, Todem. People who think that taking a kid to a Rush concert is child abuse are complete morons. I mean, it's not like we're talking about throwing kids into the mosh pit of a thrash metal show.

And what's even more hypocritical is how many of "these people" (not all, but many) would have no problem taking their kid to a sporting event (i.e. football, hockey, baseball) where some of the dumbest f*ckers on the face of the planet come out of hiding to have a massively belligerent drunkfest and yell some of the most vile of obscenities at the athletes.

Last I checked, there wasn't anything on the Rush ticket saying "adults only" -- and if you really want to get hardcore, look at this way: pot is ILLEGAL, while sharing good music with your kid is NOT. So, for those of you with any common sense, who do you think really has a more legitimate gripe? The people engaging in illegal activity and breaking the law, or the dad who's there to have a healthy, sober musical experience and pass the torch on to his son?

Good music transcends age. I personally think it's really cool when I see kids at concerts totally getting into the music. And I fully intend to take my son to a few concerts when he's old enough (he's an infant now).

All you "anti-children-at-concerts" people are idiots. Leave it up to the parents. I'm sure Todem is perfectly capable of educating his own child about some of the "negative" attributes associated with public events. And that's the way it should be.

The people who don't want kids at the concert are likely more concerned about having THEIR buzz killed - typical self-centered behavior for these kind of yo yos. I mean, anyone who refers to children as "rugrats" obviously doesn't have kids of his own and doesn't have even the foggiest clue as to what we're talking about. And if he does, well, then that says a lot about who HE is, and I feel sorry for the kids.

So to all you "anti-child-at-Rush" people, don't lecture us about responsible behavior. It's not your call to make, and my guess is that it's not like your shit doesn't stink. Try taking a look in the mirror at your life before you cast judgment on us.

Edited by theoriginalfuzz

ljr869 - Jaysus you sound like a barrel of laughs to attend a concert with! Warning strangers that if they smoke weed at an outdoor venue near you then you're gonna hospitalise them seems a bit knee-jerk, doesn't it? Oh of course, in my experience it's ALWAYS tokers who seem to be the most disruptive and damaging at concerts, not beer users.

Back to the topic, I see the Rush/Weed correlation. Drawn out intricate epics with gatefold sleeves - perfect for skinning up and sparking up to. Although I disagree that weed makes music better, good music is good music period, an altered state can make you pick up on something you didn't notice when you weren't high - such as a 'depth' in the engineering of the album.

If the members of the band are into it or not doesn't make a difference to me.

Do what you wish. But when I'm off to the RUSH show I am untucking my nuts and rockin' with my cock out.

wow... I hope I'm not sitting next to you.

I have pretty much kept the kind outside. We smoke up and pre-party.

It's not worth getting in trouble over bringing it in to the venue.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. OMG... listen to yourself. Are you flexing in the mirror?

BIGGEST TOOL OF THE THREAD AWARD goes to you bro. Oh... and if i had the money i'd be in red rocks and looking for you with a big breath of pot smoke with YOUR name on it.