Toronto for Rush

Alex

So, should I head to Toronto just to see Rush? How is the crowd there? Is it really energetic and insane? I just want to know how Toronto is for Rush, I might actually make the effort to go there. trink39.gif

I made the trip from Cleveland to Toronto with four friends to see them Sept 19, 2007 at the Air Canada Centre. I have to say we were disappointed in the crowd. It was a Wednesday. Most folks seemed like they were sitting on their hands. We heard the Saturday show was much better. We got the tickets for the Wednesday show before they announced Saturday's. Rats!

Would we go again? HELL YES! It's flipping Toronto!! 2.gif

I've seen Rush twice, once in Ottawa and once in Toronto. Both shows were amazing yes.gif The Ottawa one holds a special place in my heart because it was my first Rush concert, but as far as crowds go, Toronto takes the cake.

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 7 2010, 07:22 PM)
So, should I head to Toronto just to see Rush? How is the crowd there? Is it really energetic and insane? I just want to know how Toronto is for Rush, I might actually make the effort to go there. trink39.gif

Yes! We have to have a meet-up there! trink39.gif

Can anyone tell us if there will be a pre sale for both Toronto shows? This show will kick butt! BTW forget all that comotion about The Camera Eye. They should play Jacob's Ladder!!! I would freak on the spot!!!

Chris from T.O. 2.gif

Honestly...and it pains me to say it, alot of the Toronto crowds don't do the band justice whatsoever.

I live just outside Toronto, and have been to every Toronto show since 2002, and the crowds (in my opinion) are not nearly as good and responsive as they should be (you know..HOMETOWN!!!).

On the R30 Tour, I was standing up for the first song, and right away got asked to sit by the couple behind me. I even offered to switch seats as they were the last row, and she refused! Unbelivable.

To make matters worse...I saw some true fans trying to stand up for some of their favourite songs, and actually got GARBAGE thrown at them for them to sit down.

I'm sorry...but that is ridiculous. People act like it's the damn opera or something.

Don't get me wrong...you should come to T.O...as it is a beautiful city for sure! You know that the Boys will be on their A-Game...being hometown and all, so yes, it is worth it.

I was just expressing some of the "bad" things I've seen with T.O. crowds in the past! I will be there for both Toronto shows hopefully! yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 9 2010, 03:20 PM)
Honestly...and it pains me to say it, alot of the Toronto crowds don't do the band justice whatsoever.

I live just outside Toronto, and have been to every Toronto show since 2002, and the crowds (in my opinion) are not nearly as good and responsive as they should be (you know..HOMETOWN!!!).

On the R30 Tour, I was standing up for the first song, and right away got asked to sit by the couple behind me. I even offered to switch seats as they were the last row, and she refused! Unbelivable.

To make matters worse...I saw some true fans trying to stand up for some of their favourite songs, and actually got GARBAGE thrown at them for them to sit down.

I'm sorry...but that is ridiculous. People act like it's the damn opera or something.

Don't get me wrong...you should come to T.O...as it is a beautiful city for sure! You know that the Boys will be on their A-Game...being hometown and all, so yes, it is worth it.

I was just expressing some of the "bad" things I've seen with T.O. crowds in the past! I will be there for both Toronto shows hopefully!  yes.gif

ohmy.gif That's horrible!

I've been to two Toronto shows. The first one was in at the ACC in 2007, and being a "true fan", I was standing and rockin' out to Workin' Them Angels. Got asked to sit down rather rudely by people behind me. Seriously though, it's a f***ing RUSH concert, people! What do you expect? I guess it makes sense to just sit there quiet and motionless. sarcasm.gif

I went in 2008 again, though, at the Molson Ampitheatre and the crowd was much better! Everyone was standing the whole time, just having a good time! Met lots of cool people! smile.gif

Edited by Show Don't Tell

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Apr 9 2010, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 9 2010, 03:20 PM)

I was just expressing some of the "bad" things I've seen with T.O. crowds in the past! I will be there for both Toronto shows hopefully!  yes.gif

ohmy.gif That's horrible!

I've been to two Toronto shows. The first one was in at the ACC in 2007, and being a "true fan", I was standing and rockin' out to Workin' Them Angels. Got asked to sit down rather rudely by people behind me.

I went in 2008 again, though, at the Molson Ampitheatre and the crowd was much better! Everyone was standing the whole time, just having a good time! Met lots of cool people! smile.gif

Oh...absolutely. I was at both of those shows as well.

I just never understood the fascination of sitting at a rock concert. Maybe it's just me.

But yeah...the experience depends on where you are sitting too. That 2007 ACC show, I had floor seats, and I stood the whole time without anyone complaining...and I had an absolute blast!

I am still dreaming of a front row seat at a Rush show. Maybe someday! drool1.gif

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 9 2010, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:34 PM)
I'd love to see that show, not only bc its Toronto, but because its an indoor arena, which is far better than any shed.

You'd be surprised. Shows at the Molson Amphitheatre are much better than shows at the ACC.

goodpost.gif yes.gif

The last time I saw them was at the Molson Amphitheatre and it was an AMAZING show!!! Just excellent. Now I haven't seen them at the ACC, I will be this time around, but I did catch them at Scotiabank Place and although it was also an excellent show, and my first Rush concert 1022.gif, the Amphitheatre topped it. It's a very good place to see a concert yes.gif

* edit for grammar/spelling

Edited by xredsectorx

QUOTE (theguyincygnusx1 @ Apr 9 2010, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 9 2010, 03:34 PM)
I'd love to see that show, not only bc its Toronto, but because its an indoor arena, which is far better than any shed.

You'd be surprised. Shows at the Molson Amphitheatre are much better than shows at the ACC.

no.gif no.gif no.gif

I've seen them in Toronto, Winnipeg, Vegas, Minneapolis on multiple occasions, I haven't noticed much difference in crowd's. Some nights in some cities more enthusiastic than others.

It's not as though seeing the crowd in Toronto, or anywhere else for that matter, is anything even remotely close to Rio crowd.

I will agree with Toronto crowds being quieter than in other cities. I've seen 10 shows in Toronto since '91, 3 outside of Toronto (2 in Buffalo, 1 in Detroit), and I can say that Detroit was the best crowd by far. But performance-wise - absolutely check out Rush in Toronto!

Just checked TicketBastard again... still no dates in Toronto are listed. I have a feeling the warning about when tickets go on sale and the actual date they are on sale is gonna be pretty quick. Prolly no pre-sale, unless with AMEX cause they always have one.

I'm just wondering how much tickets are going to be. unsure.gif

Toronto is one of the worst places to see Rush. The venue is full but the crowd is lame ass. You get told to sit down, be quiet etc. The American audiences appreciate Rush more and their enthusiasm shows it. I'm Canadian but the US knows how to rock. Nothing better than Rush in Detroit, sadly it might now happen this tour.